What Track makes you CRY?

herforder

radi, a melody that is emotional and induces various feelings on you might be bullshit to someone else, and vice versa.

564706[/snapback]

Yes ofcourse man, i know that, but how do you call the melodies that are alike to for example greek folk music in psychedelic trance, the melodies of astral projection, mfg and so on, greek folk music isn´t the best example but good enough to get what i mean. How do you describe such music? I also can´t get how some people can say eurotrance or so is emotional, what´s emotional there, it must be more pathetical, i mean with more black keys. Black keys are the key for emotional music IMO, or am i talking about something different?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ofcourse man, i know that, but how do you call the melodies that are alike to for example greek folk music in psychedelic trance, the melodies of astral projection, mfg and so on, greek folk music isn´t the best example but good enough to get what i mean. How do you describe such music? I also can´t get how some people can say eurotrance or so is emotional, what´s emotional there, it must be more pathetical, i mean with more black keys. Black keys are the key for emotional music IMO, or am i talking about something different?

564712[/snapback]

I don't think certain melodies have names the way you are trying to put words on it. but there are official scales though that all melodies are based on. for instance, blues scale, arabic scale, etc.

I don't think certain melodies have names the way you are trying to put words on it. but there are official scales though that all melodies are based on. for instance, blues scale, arabic scale, etc.

564771[/snapback]

So you are trying to say that there isn´t a way to describe what i mean? eh?

Blue Planet Corp. - Crystal

Astral Projection - Aurora Borealis

Noma - Another Time/Soon

California Sunshine - Coming Home/Jajo

they dont make me cry but they are very emotional in a beautiful kindof way,almost brings a tear to my eye. :)

Black keys are the key for emotional music IMO, or am i talking about something different?

564712[/snapback]

What do you mean by "black keys"? The black keys on your keyboard? If you do... what a load of bullshit!!! :rolleyes:

Blue Planet Corp. - Crystal

Astral Projection - Aurora Borealis

Noma - Another Time/Soon

California Sunshine - Coming Home

they dont make me cry but they are very emotional in a beutiful kindof way,almost brings a tear to my eye.

564797[/snapback]

I will have to try Astral Projection, looks like they stir up some emotions here. I kind of been avoiding them cause they're a big name, generally means bad music in my book.

What do you mean by "black keys"? The black keys on your keyboard? If you do... what a load of bullshit!!!  :rolleyes:

564813[/snapback]

Ofcourse man, without black keys it is impossible to make emotional music IMO, here´s a pic of the perfect scale for any emotional psychedelic trance, and not only for psychedelic trance, it is used in many emotional musics also:

Posted Image

Here´s what i mean, all good emotional goa trance is based on that scale, ofcourse there aren´t used all the notes but there aren´t used any keys which i didn´t mark.

I will have to try Astral Projection, looks like they stir up some emotions here. I kind of been avoiding them cause they're a big name, generally means bad music in my book.

564817[/snapback]

Their old stuff is great,check it out i dont think you will be dissapointed.

wow!! I didn't know there were a formula for feelings. you could become a millionaire Radi!

564821[/snapback]

I´am talking about what i understand about emotional melodies, i can´t understand at all how some people say to some eurotrance which s not based on this scale it is emotional.

Guest Astro Cortex

wow!! I didn't know there were a formula for feelings. you could become a millionaire Radi!

564821[/snapback]

He's got his own specific formula for women as well, so I'm not surprised at all.

astro, you don´t know at all about i´am talking and probably never touched a musicprogram etc and can´t talk with me about that topic, it would be better to talk about such things on a musicforum like KVR where the people have at least have knowledge about such things not like here where you and others try to put me down because i come with foreign and for you strange things that you don´t know and talk bullshit. some here behave like children in school, if someone comes with something unknown for them they don´t know what they shall answer and offend the one who comes with something new.

Guest Astro Cortex

astro fu** off, you don´t know at all about i´am talking and probably never touched a musicprogram etc and can´t talk with me about that topic, it would be better to talk about such things on a musicforum like KVR where the people have at least have knowledge about such things not like here where you and others try to put me down because i come with foreign and for you strange things that you don´t know and talk bullshit. some here behave like children in school, if someone comes with something unknown for them they don´t know what they shall answer and offend the one who comes with something new.

564830[/snapback]

First of all, read & think twice before telling me to fu** off, young lad. :)

I just said it doesn't surprise me, as you - and that's a fact, please prove me wrong if it's not - seem to have a similar narrow taste in women/girls as well, no matter if it's a coincidence or not. Your opinions often come across as narrowminded here, and you pobably know that.

You are right, I never really composed music myself, but I do very well have a common sense regarding scales, melodies, harmonies etc. And if you claim a certain scale to be the "onliest" one that can affect the listener emotionally, then it's yet another bullshit comment to me, sorry man. I see you're a bit of a pefectionist regarding certain things, but in your case it just seems to go in the wrong direction. Just try to be more openminded for music (as an example) that doesn't obviously match your ideals, and it may be very rewarding for you. Believe me, it's not as simple as putting it down to scales or whatever. Be a little less spasmodic about it, if you get what I mean. ;)

First of all, read & think twice before telling me to fu** off, young lad. :)

I just said it doesn't surprise me, as you - and that's a fact, please prove me wrong if it's not - seem to have a similar narrow taste in women/girls as well, no matter if it's a coincidence or not. Your opinions often come across as narrowminded here, and you pobably know that.

You are right, I never really composed music myself, but I do very well have a common sense regarding scales, melodies, harmonies etc. And if you claim a certain scale to be the "onliest" one that can affect the listener emotionally, then it's yet another bullshit comment to me, sorry man. I see you're a bit of a pefectionist regarding certain things, but in your case it just seems to go in the wrong direction. Just try to be more openminded for music (as an example) that doesn't obviously match your ideals, and it may be very rewarding for you. Believe me, it's not as simple as putting it down to scales or whatever. Be a little less spasmodic about it, if you get what I mean. ;)

564842[/snapback]

i don´t know if there is a different scale that would give me emotional feelings.

Ofcourse man, without black keys it is impossible to make emotional music IMO, here´s a pic of the perfect scale for any emotional psychedelic trance, and not only for psychedelic trance, it is used in many emotional musics also:

Posted Image

Here´s what i mean, all good emotional goa trance is based on that scale, ofcourse there aren´t used all the notes but there aren´t used any keys which i didn´t mark.

564818[/snapback]

:wacko: What kind of scale is that? It starts b-moll (is that the English word?) and then becomes something mixed up.

:wacko: What kind of scale is that? It starts b-moll (is that the English word?) and then becomes something mixed up.

564851[/snapback]

Ok, I just looked the word up, in English it should be b-minor then, I guess. I'm no expert in music either...

564712[/snapback]

Write all your songs on the black keys only Radi. They'll kick ass.

I´am talking about what i understand about emotional melodies, i can´t understand at all how some people say to some eurotrance which s not based on this scale it is emotional.

564823[/snapback]

are you talking about this scale in this particular key? (b flat minor)

Big L :lol: L.

What fucking music makes you cry like a little baby.

Do you sit by yourself listening too music and cry.

565535[/snapback]

It's called emotions

and it might also be tears of joy,sadness,melancholy,whatever.

:D

Although I rarely cry, I might just get touched sometimes..

One must also keep in mind that personal experiences play in. I guess in most cases it's not just the music itself that's responsible for bringing forth different feelings that we react in different ways to. Experiencing something whilst listening to a certain track or album that you didn't like at all before, can actually make you appreciate that music alot more.

Yep, totally agree.

The 2 songs that get me choked up are "Once Upon the Sea of Blissful Awareness" by Shpongle and "Tesco Siesta" by Deviant Electronics. I don't find them particularly emotional on their own, but my wife and I used these songs as the beginning and ending songs in our wedding, so they will always remind me of it. B)

radi - what a load of crap.

really.

the emotional scale you were talking about is a minor scale (and you seemed to mess it up somehow). play A minor. HEY! NO BLACK KEYS! :)

black keys or no, it all depends on your key. the same melody can be transposed to "black keys" and some gay shitty melody can be taken from "white only" to "black" keys.

not only that - most goa trace isn't even written on minor scales. a lot of eastern scales are used. :)