What Track makes you CRY?

herforder

Do these tracks make you cry any time you listen to them??

Radi you must be in tears constantly, so many tracks.

Electric Universe - The Bomb brought tears of rage!!!  :angry:

564366[/snapback]

Yes, i am. :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One must also keep in mind that personal experiences play in. I guess in most cases it's not just the music itself that's responsible for bringing forth different feelings that we react in different ways to. Experiencing something whilst listening to a certain track or album that you didn't like at all before, can actually make you appreciate that music alot more. For me, this holds true particularly when it comes to quite a few Infected Mushroom tracks.

One must also keep in mind that personal experiences play in. I guess in most cases it's not just the music itself that's responsible for bringing forth different feelings that we react in different ways to. Experiencing something whilst listening to a certain track or album that you didn't like at all before, can actually make you appreciate that music alot more. For me, this holds true particularly when it comes to quite a few Infected Mushroom tracks.

564407[/snapback]

apsolutly agreed

I love Amber but it has never emotionally engaged me *that* much.

Ozric Tentacles however, Ed just need to lay his hands on the guitar strings and it's like mental masturbation for me.

Magma is also very emotional for me, but this band is off topic in this forum.

I think one or two Björk songs have made me shed a tear once.

oh, and let's not forget Jefferson Airplane. listening to Triad, I tell you that is emotional and profound lyrics.

I love Amber but it has never emotionally engaged me *that* much.

Ozric Tentacles however, Ed just need to lay his hands on the guitar strings and it's like mental masturbation for me.

Magma is also very emotional for me, but this band is off topic in this forum.

I think one or two Björk songs have made me shed a tear once.

oh, and let's not forget Jefferson Airplane. listening to Triad, I tell you that is emotional and profound lyrics.

564449[/snapback]

Can someone describe me what is "emotional" because ozric tentacles are very good but not emotional at all for me, i always thought emotional psy/goa songs are songs that have pathetical melodies but with a feeling of optimism inside them like for example hallucinogen´s LSD, it starts pathetical but in the last minutes it has a optimistical melody, "Seraching for UFOs" is also a example for such music and many more, if i´am wrong tell me how you call such melodies that i can search for them with the right keywords.

you're confusing it with "sentimental" right?

emotional = feelings ... that's all I think

564457[/snapback]

i don´t know what "sentimental" means either. I always thought emotional iis used for what i described above, now i´am wondering how the people call this kind of melodies, melodic? Any melody is melodic so that doesn´t make sence to me.

i don´t know what "sentimental" means either. I always thought emotional iis used for what i described above, now i´am wondering how the people call this kind of melodies, melodic? Any melody is melodic so that doesn´t make sence to me.

564461[/snapback]

exactly, melody based music is melodic music. and non-melodic music is minimalistic, noisy whatever. what's so strange about that B)

p.s. And melodic music isn't the same as emotional music. there are melodic pop music that is dead-cold.

Because it has become unimaginative crap:

Infected Mushroom

Sandman

TIP World

Because it's excellent:

Shpongle

Pleiadians - I.F.O.

Venetian Snares - Meathole

Doof - It's About Time

Darshan - Awakening

564461[/snapback]

Sentimental simply means touched by or coloured by emotion rather than reason or realism, and is usually used in a context when past memories bring up emotions.

Not all melodies should be classed as 'melodic'. Melodic melodies tend to be strong and repetitive, non-melodic melodies are generally subtle and non-repetitive. The vast majority of tracks include melodies, but not all those tracks are melodic.

just that you use the term "Melodic melodies" imply you have no idea what you're talking about. sorry to break the news for you.

564521[/snapback]

Hehe. I didn't know how else to phrase it.

How should it be phrased? Are you saying all melodies are indeed melodic?

yeah! what is a melody if it's not melodic?

sure there could be different types of melodies. but I'm not sure if it's an objective thing. "melodic melodies" sounds weird though.

not all sounds that aren't bass and drum in trance are melodies. like all random bleeps and noises in trance are not "melodies".

melodies in my definition are logical chord pattern, that's the best way I can describe it. I can't read notes so I can't give you an exemple.

melodies in my definition are logical chord pattern, that's the best way I can describe it. I can't read notes so I can't give you an exemple.

564527[/snapback]

I agree. But there are tracks (in all genres) which contain melodies that could never be classed as melodic tracks. Don't you think?

I still don´t have an answer to my question how such emotional melodies which i descrbed are called? For me everthing which has a melody is melodic, but there are different types of melodies in trance like how i said the typical oldschool melodies with use of the black keys.