the classic goa sound

radi6404

I don´t know how it is exactly called, goa, psychedelic, uplifting but i want some more stuff that has the classical sound like the old Astral Projection and mfg tracks or tracks like Miranda - Labyrinth or some old electronic universe tracks like "astral voyage" or "sunset skyline", i don´t mean stuff like dimension 5 or powersource though, just the sound from the above called groups, do you know something more or something else that sounds similar? would it be a good choise to check enticas first album out, because the second one "Alien Protein" is not bad but not melodic enough for me but i like the Gil´s voyage (ketu rmx) on their first album very much and tha´s also the style i´am looking for so tell me what shall i chck out. thanks

WTF? :P:D  :lol:

525085[/snapback]

with melodic i mean emotional like for example Astra Files or Another world album, Searching for U.F.O.s is a emotional track for example but the tracks on the Alien protein cd aren´t that emotional not like the Gil´s Voyage track.

Guest antic

with melodic i mean emotional like for example Astra Files or Another world album, Searching for U.F.O.s is a emotional track for example but the tracks on the Alien protein cd aren´t that emotional not like the Gil´s Voyage track.

525096[/snapback]

There are different kind of emotions, Radi. What you're after are melancholic / nostalgic AP melodies apparently, but you can't call old Etnica's music unemotional because they're not the type you like! :)

Edited by antic

There are different kind of emotions, Radi. What you're after are melancholic / nostalgic AP melodies apparently, but you can't call old Etnica's music unemotional! :)

525104[/snapback]

How i said "The Gil´s voyage" is emotional in the way i like it but the tracks on alien protein aren´t that emotional and driving IMO:

Guest antic

How i said "The Gil´s voyage" is emotional in the way i like it but the tracks on alien protein aren´t that emotional and driving IMO:

525106[/snapback]

no, you said Alien Protein is not melodic enough - that's big difference :)

525106[/snapback]

In my opinion, Alien Protein by Etnica holds much less emotion then The Juggeling Alchemist Under The Black Light. Alien Protein seems to be more 'straight forward' Goa Trance, with driving structures and melodies, whereas Etnica's debut album holds much more mystical power...

Reger fuck off and stop spamming!

525219[/snapback]

i love you too radi :rolleyes:

anyhow, i do find some of older AP tunes [not to mention that most of new ones, if not all] pretty fluffy and somehow "cheezy" ;)

Obvious choices, but here they go:

- Man With No Name - "Moment of Truth" (some catchy melodies in this one)

- Indoor - "Progressive Trance" (israeli old-school, lighter and more atmospheric than AP)

And a newer one:

- The Muses Rapt - "You" (much hated for its production and its ibizan fluff, but in the right mood tracks like "The Fly Of The Phoenix Over The Natraj" are uplifting).

Try:

Man With No Name

Power Source

California Sunshine

Disco Volante

the old releases from Blue Planet Corporation

& Shiva Shidapu! :)

Try:

Man With No Name

Power Source

California Sunshine

Disco Volante

the old releases from Blue Planet Corporation

& Shiva Shidapu! :)

525347[/snapback]

Ah ok thanks but IMO Shiva Shidapu is a bit childish sounding.

he means - "etnica doesnt sound so cheesy and sugar sweet like astral projection" :P

525141[/snapback]

That is true... Etnica isn´t as cheesy as AP and the melodies are better imo.

That is true... Etnica isn´t as cheesy as AP and the melodies are better imo.

525421[/snapback]

D3lirious fuck off and stop spamming, what`s hapenning to you guy`s no one is talkink about the feeling`s that have when listten to oldscool melodies!

D3lirious fuck off and stop spamming, what`s hapenning to you guy`s no one is talkink about the feeling`s that have when listten to oldscool melodies!

525426[/snapback]

Hehee...Well as far as feelings goes the old Etnica certainly did it for me. Still remember a smokefilled underground party in a basement 10 years ago with moon influence pumping :rolleyes:

That gave a really longlasting intense experience for me B)

Still miss those days...

This forum become very awful, i can´t believe that such questions get no results, a few months ago such threads would have a lot of results. Or is it because of me that noone helps???

525616[/snapback]

these answers have been answered thousands of times

I would help you but I can't name tracks like that. I'm more into acidic stuff like GNOTR and stuff.

Have you tried the Cosmosis - Synergy album? It's brilliant and melodic but I don't know if it delivers the emotions you are after but maybe you still wanna give it a try. Maybe also Passenger - One Man Kind (it's an album, not a track)? Again I don't know if it is what you are after but give it a listen won't hurt.

Indeed, it has been answered thousands of times, but here are my picks of today :P

California Sunshine - Nasha album

Trust in Trance vol 2 compilation

Goa Vibes 3 (the Athena tracks!!!!)

Greetings from Goa (only emotional goa trance)

Nataraja 2, cd 2 (Amanite Fx, Denshi Danshi!)

Power Source - Cosmic Waves

Psygone - Optimistique (altough it is more acidic as well)

for softer melodic trance try Platipus releases