Just for the hell of it

Looks impressive indeed... I would have lost my over view after 3-4 layers, so this is indeed impressive... But I have no idea how it sounds - how about an ultrashort sound snippet to accompany the picture?

514584[/snapback]

Yeah, ok, when the track is finished.

That is totally nuts. So complex.

I guess my dreams of ever making a semi-professional tune have just been shattered. I could never keep track of all that! :(

Nice work, Colin. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

Looks impressive indeed... I would have lost my over view after 3-4 layers, so this is indeed impressive... But I have no idea how it sounds - how about an ultrashort sound snippet to accompany the picture?

514584[/snapback]

Well there's certainly a lot going on in this piece. Can we hear a sample? :)

514602[/snapback]

Bars 49-120 (approx)

:blink::D 8|________) jaw on the floor....

wow....

whoa.....

I can only hope that someday.....

maybe.....

I could do that too.....

:ph34r:

:blink:  :D 8|________) jaw on the floor....

wow....

whoa.....

I can only hope that someday.....

maybe.....

I could do that too.....

:ph34r:

515131[/snapback]

It's really not as hard as it looks... honest...

Im sure given enough time and the right equipment I could probably end up with something like that.

nice 1 geeza!

is that audiorealism running the bassline? sounds great, nice and rubbery :)

515227[/snapback]

I think it's Trilogy actually, but I can't remember 100% as it's a long time since that bassline was MIDI...

Also, people complaining about the fact that anyone that has a computer and cubase can make a track and then release it, should reconsider that now.

516173[/snapback]

Yeah, you don't even need cubase. :)

Sounds great. But maybe it's not as complex as some people think. It's much harder to create/come up with the right sounds/melodies/arrangement/soundquality ... but once you have that, it can't be that hard to keep overview, despite the large number of parts/channels etc.... because it is created bit by bit and you will remember every little detail from the beginning.

The whole point of a visual arrangement like Cubase is that you don't have to remember every single little sound! :) It's all there on the screen for you, and as long as you give things sensible names and make other ways for you to recognise at a glance which sound is which (eg. part names, colours, etc) there's no chance of getting lost.