Just for the hell of it

The whole point of a visual arrangement like Cubase is that you don't have to remember every single little sound! :)  It's all there on the screen for you, and as long as you give things sensible names and make other ways for you to recognise at a glance which sound is which (eg. part names, colours, etc) there's no chance of getting lost.

516245[/snapback]

Dude, i havnt still learned cubase. cos am tired of it. after seeing the screen shot

now iam scared of it. i use FL studio. could u tell me y do everyone like cubase than others <_<

Dude, i havnt still learned cubase. cos am tired of it. after seeing the screen shot

now iam scared of it. i use FL studio. could u tell me y do everyone like cubase than others <_<

517384[/snapback]

I can't speak for 'everyone else', but personally I've been using Gubase since 1990... I can tell you there's no reason to be scared of it - in fact the way FL presents its arrange window, with anonymous white squares for each pattern (rather than named parts), seems to me to be kind of user-hostile :) A complex project in any sequencing application will look intimidating, especially if (like me) you don't use eg. folder tracks to group together related tracks; if I'd written it in FL Studio it would look much the same. Any project in any sequencer is made up of small elements, and as soon as you understand the small elements (which isn't hard) you can then understand how they combine to build something of great complexity. I could also post a screenshot of an SX project with 4 tracks - would this be less frightening to you? It would still be the same program...

517384[/snapback]

I really enjoyed working with FL Studio. It's a very simple program to use, and you still get some pretty cool sounds out of it. But upgrading to Reason has been great - there's more complexity, but the complexity is in order to create more subtlety and richness. It really depends on what kind of music you're making, I guess, but I'm in love with Reason and can't imagine ever going back to FL Studio. I'll probably feel that way about Reason after I get SX.

I really enjoyed working with FL Studio. It's a very simple program to use, and you still get some pretty cool sounds out of it. But upgrading to Reason has been great - there's more complexity, but the complexity is in order to create more subtlety and richness. It really depends on what kind of music you're making, I guess, but I'm in love with Reason and can't imagine ever going back to FL Studio. I'll probably feel that way about Reason after I get SX.

517888[/snapback]

Funny you should say that. I used to work in Reason, but I "upgraded" to FLS :)

ok guys guys i have a question !

there is friend(really,not me i cant be arsed to get my brain to do all this work,i have acute lazyness syndrome :lol: ) that asked me the other night if there is a program that he can use to make music.he said that he is willing to pay!

so what can he use?

i have no fucking idea of what to tell him ot what he wants,i just know that he will use it to make electronic music thats all!

ok guys guys i have a question !

there is friend(really,not me i cant be arsed to get my brain to do all this work,i have acute lazyness syndrome :lol: ) that asked me the other night if there is a program that he can use to make music.he said that he is willing to pay!

so what can he use?

i have no fucking idea of what to tell him ot what he wants,i just know that he will use it to make electronic music thats all!

518385[/snapback]

The way I started (with software) was downloading the trial version Fruity Loops (FL Studio). It's a surprisingly powerful program. The only problem with the trial version is that you can't save your work, although you can export the file as audio when you're done with the song - but you can't turn off your computer until the song is done! Anyway, it's a simplified version of the larger programs out there, and in some cases people prefer it. Might be a good place to start. It's not that expensive, either, to buy the basic setup.

i dl Fruity loops,its very nice,i have been toying around a bit with it,very friendly and easy,but half of hte knobs and switches in there are like chinese to me! :D:D

anw it looks good but its a bummer that you cant save!(hey its free remember :P )

anw thanks otto!

btw does anybody knows any other programs,just to compare with FL? :)

Nice sharing Colin,

Does it mean that you record every midi track to an audio track for the final arrangement ?

520270[/snapback]

Not as a rule. I only bounce down MIDI if there's something I want to do with the track that I can't do with MIDI, or if I need to free up CPU, or if I need to be 110% sure that 'sample accurate' means exactly that.