Ticon Live

seraph

I have just returned from the party...

WHOOOO ! What a blast !

PETER DIDJITAL DJ set OWNED ! I mean, the guy really, REALLY knows how to play with your brain ! MESMERISING SET ! I loved it ! Almost psychedelic, groovy, pumping, amazing ! 11/10 for his set really !

TICON :huh::blink: I mean, WTF ? The guy looked like he is completely demented and deranged...throwing himself on the stage like a madman, twisting the noobs, doing some kind of performance, I mean....WTF ? I didn't like their appearance at all, despite pretty good music...many boring, undesirable moments, but on the other hand there were some AMAZING new tunes I have never heard before...so, 50/50 about them actually...I didn't expect them to be into such HOT SHOTS trip, swinging like they are ruling the scene, I was actually shocked cause it didn't seem natural...some sort of fake performance, but what to heck, it was great party nevertheless...

I could say that it was entirely cyberdelic proggy night...Progressive trance really developed into something deep and precise these days and PETER really showed it and OWNED it...even Ticon, yes Peter owned them....:D:)

i think what Ticon are doing on stage are "interractive" ... and it's fine if you ask me :) i think they do a "show", not just a gig :P or at least they try!

they get into the atmosphere the swedish way perhaps? :P

but ignore me, i just made this idea from listening a live act of theirs .. :)

Peter Didjital - we'll see him at Ozora yey :D

I think they do a "show", not just a gig :P or at least they try!

506380[/snapback]

That is exactly the thing I didn't like, 'doing a show', bleh...I just find it pretentious and pointless...

I expected more from the guys that make such sophisticated music than throwing like a madman on the stage, doing his hips movements for the girls....beh...meh...bleh... :ph34r:<_<:unsure:

Guest The Journey Man Project

hmmm so now it is not ok for an artits to have a good time? Maybe it wasn't a show and this is just how they get off during their live sets? in the end, the music counts, am sooooo over the whole attitude in music in general that if you make a certain style you have to behave a certain way... if you don't like the show there is always the exit :P

hmmm so now it is not ok  for an artits to have a good time?  Maybe it wasn't a show and this is just how they get off during their live sets?  in the end, the music counts, am sooooo over the whole attitude in music in general that if you make a certain style you have to behave a certain way... if you don't like the show there is always the exit :P

506382[/snapback]

Exit was surely not the best possible offer !

Yes, the music counts, I would probably enjoy in it more, if I wasn't looking at them. :ph34r:

Hmmm ... so basically you mean Ticon made a poser live set par excellence? They behaved like if they were some kind of rock star or something?

That's what I wouldn't like too. I mean, I also don't want an artist just doing his thing and being digged into his sound and stuff and just performing his live without looking at anybody on the dancefloor ... you know, I want a middle thing, I mean, I want to see some guys live so I also wanna see them "rock the dancefloor" in a way - you know, interacting a little with the people, but too much of it is even more crappy than nothing at all. I still would prefer an artist not looking up from his desk a single time to "poser live"...

Although Ticon make so good music that I definitely would go to see them live despite this not so wonderful feedback. I just consider myself warned to expect a poser appearance :)

Although Ticon make so good music that I definitely would go to see them live despite this not so wonderful feedback. I just consider myself warned to expect a poser appearance :)

506395[/snapback]

Yeah, exactly, nothing more than that...the music itself was pretty good but whole that attitude 'oh yeah, brother, we are going to fry some brains here tonight' is a bit lousy for me...but as Journey Man said each to their own... :rolleyes:

hmmm so now it is not ok  for an artits to have a good time?  Maybe it wasn't a show and this is just how they get off during their live sets?  in the end, the music counts, am sooooo over the whole attitude in music in general that if you make a certain style you have to behave a certain way... if you don't like the show there is always the exit :P

506382[/snapback]

My dad likes to see a show. That's because with the music he likes, when you see it live without a show you might as well be listening to the CD in a bar while looking at the cover so they talk to the audience between each song to make it worth the money.

All the psy I've seen in my time, the best acts were when they fed of the crowd, knew which style of tunes were moving the crowd more and playing a set for the crowd. The worst was when you got a DJ who had prepared his entire mix days before (how the hell did you know what the crowd would be like?? oh you didn't. It showed) and usually the guys who looked like Twats (like in that video of the ginger eskimo somewhere on this forum).

Seems like Ticon is getting both, looking like a twat while doing a great set. More power to you.

As someone who also goes pretty nuts playing live, I think most artists who do this aren't simply "showing off" or "acting". They just legitimately feel the music that much and get sucked into and go crazy. Its pretty easy, especially when you made the track and know every last detail.

As a fan I personally find DJs and artists who just sit there and look all serious and barely even even bob their heads to the music the most uninteresting to watch and, for me at least, these guys suck all the energy out of the dance floor. DJing or playing live should be fun, not like taking a chemistry exam. :P

As someone who also goes pretty nuts playing live, I think most artists who do this aren't simply "showing off" or "acting". They just legitimately feel the music that much and get sucked into and go crazy. Its pretty easy, especially when you made the track and know every last detail.

As a fan I personally find DJs and artists who just sit there and look all serious and barely even even bob their heads to the music the most uninteresting to watch and, for me at least, these guys suck all the energy out of the dance floor. DJing or playing live should be fun, not like taking a chemistry exam.  :P

506559[/snapback]

100% agreed.

As a fan I personally find DJs and artists who just sit there and look all serious and barely even even bob their heads to the music the most uninteresting to watch and, for me at least, these guys suck all the energy out of the dance floor. DJing or playing live should be fun, not like taking a chemistry exam.  :P

506559[/snapback]

Ummm, I can recognize the difference between SHOW OFF and THE SHOW.

Of course that I like most when producers are interacting with the crowd, but they actually looked like they were playing to themselves, cause they haven't interacted with the crowd but were more focused on their general 'image'...

I actually didn't want to get into an argument here...cause I wasn't bashing them, just stating how I didn't fully enjoy in their act...

PEACE

I expected more from the guys that make such sophisticated music than throwing like a madman on the stage, doing his hips movements for the girls....beh...meh...bleh... :ph34r:  <_<  :unsure:

506381[/snapback]

oh oh .. are there any videos about that? cause you know .. one of the Ticon guys is cute :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

ok seraph, i understand what you mean there. made me wonder: do i look at the dj while dancing? hum .. sometimes i do, sometimes i don't .. i guess it depends on the dj's behaviour on stage too.

Guest The Journey Man Project

think he coowned Digital Strucutures with Son Kite, now I think he does own the whole thing hiself? Also a proggy dj... he was gonna do the second of the Digital DJ series but never did it, whichis a shame, coz the first one rocked!

Yes, the music counts, I would probably enjoy in it more, if I wasn't looking at them.  :ph34r:

506383[/snapback]

Then close your eyes or turn in a different way and quit yer bitchin! :ph34r:

Peter Didjital does totally rock ass. Heard him last year and he blew my mind. I just wish he would come to Germany more often.

Then close your eyes or turn in a different way and quit yer bitchin!  :ph34r:

507142[/snapback]

Sorry if I 'offended' your idols, I wasn't bitching, just stating that it didn't look THAT professional as I expected. :ph34r:

aaaaraaararrrrgrggggg......*bleeeehhhgggg* (vomits all over the keyboard, monitor)

god....you know that word makes me sick....

507152[/snapback]

Why ? What is wrong with friendly freezing eskimos ? They are great ! ;):P

aaaaraaararrrrgrggggg......*bleeeehhhgggg* (vomits all over the keyboard, monitor)

god....you know that word makes me sick....

507152[/snapback]

whe share a mutual reaction to the "E" word...

Fucking clown....

He doesnt even plug his sunths when he performs "live"...(seriously,i saw the plug hanging down from the synth,and him pushing the keys like it was on)

whe share a mutual reaction to the "E" word...

Fucking clown....

He doesnt even plug his sunths when he performs "live"...(seriously,i saw the plug hanging down from the synth,and him pushing the keys like it was on)

507159[/snapback]

Bleeeeech, how could you even went to his 'live' and listen to him ? ;):P

Bleeeeech, how could you even went to his 'live' and listen to him ?  ;):P

507160[/snapback]

its the Eski.m....*hmmmff* sorry. the E word with a Capital E that makes me sick. I like other eskimos. They wear wicked coats and shit.