Man With No Name album soon?

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hello my co-members! Well, Man With No Name has recently released some new tracks with new material from different compilations (especially for T.I.P.). So, is there any new album planned in a near future on dragonfly records? What is he doing now? Does he make productions or play gigs around the world?

his website still says the 2003 album "interstate highway" has 'just been released'. seems he doesn't update it very often.

i'd love to see a new mwnn album but if it'd be anything like his latest compilation tracks, then i wouldn't bother checking it i'm afraid, pretty generic stuff in my opinion. no offense, 'cause this seems to happen to more legends from the old days :unsure:

We can all hope! And we could all wish that skazi had never been born into the evil. But the lure of the dark side is strong. They tempt artists with shit loads of money. Lets pray that simon prefers poverty to selling out.

How long do you think it'll be before simon turns to the dark side?

500248[/snapback]

That would depend on Simon's feelings towards full-on. If, as I hope, he dislikes the genre then it's unlikely he'll ever turn to the dark side.

Getting back on track I don't expect much from Man With No Name these days, indeed I haven't expected anything from his since his Earth Moving The Sun album which was a big disappointment after the genius of his seminal debut album.

We can all hope! And we could all wish that skazi had never been born into the evil. But the lure of the dark side is strong. They tempt artists with shit loads of money. Lets pray that simon prefers poverty to selling out.

500253[/snapback]

maybee thats why he's selling signed shpongle c.d's on ebay?

Guest Cosmogenesis

Martin is working with TIP Records and not with Dragonfly anymore so you should all wait an album sooner or later on TIP.

500271[/snapback]

Humm... Where have you get this info, Detox? Dragonfly has ended the MWNN contract! Are you sure about this? :blink:

Cosmo i got my info from Martin himself.

I dont know if there was any contract with Dragonfly or whatever but i know he is releasing his stuff on TIP from now and on.Dragonfly is not too active in our days anyway.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Cosmo i got my info from Martin himself.

I dont know if there was any contract with Dragonfly or whatever but i know he is releasing his stuff on TIP from now and on.Dragonfly is not too active in our days anyway.

500461[/snapback]

Thanx, Detox, for this precious info! I have heard the problems of Dragonfly records. Is this the end for the mythic label? :(

Thanx, Detox, for this precious info! I have heard the problems of Dragonfly records. Is this the end for the mythic label?  :(

500470[/snapback]

no no.

there are really vigilant and positive minds in this label!

they always find a way... ;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Pathaan is now label manager and head of a&r for Dragonfly Records + Liquid Sound Design, so the label seems to be far from dead.

(so he posted on http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/.../84744/forum/10 )

500641[/snapback]

Thank you man! I'm glad to learn this, and more because of the label's association with Liquid Sound Design! The future promises lot of things! What a shame for all goa-fans if Dragonfly records would be dead! :)

However, I think it's strange the label has let Man With No Name to sign with T.I.P. :blink:

Thank you man! I'm glad to learn this, and more because of the label's association with Liquid Sound Design! The future promises lot of things! What a shame for all goa-fans if Dragonfly records would be dead!  :)

However, I think it's strange the label has let Man With No Name to sign with T.I.P.  :blink:

500672[/snapback]

It's not like they OWN him right?

Dragonfly AGAIN changed a label manager?

If Youth isnt interested much in the company anymore i really dont see a point of keeping it there and not closing it,i can understand that this is his child but its better to finish something than keeping it braindead...