Guest The Journey Man Project

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irritant tracks wasted the whole stuff

502525[/snapback]

:blink:

imo irritant is really good album so i dont think that it wastes the whole thing, it adds lilttle bit more variation, plus its the best from 10 years of work, do you expect them to ignore some album just because its not 100% psytrance?

• 2 weeks later...

Must say, this is an awesome compilation of awesome tracks, and the mastering, it doesn't say on the cover who did it, but it is really nice. The early goa tracks lose that tacky Goa feeling with every eqaulled out to make big thumping sounds with a nice melodic feel... can't be farked doing a review as all of these have been reviewd many times before... it's worth it and all the wanks whoe think the Dream are dead, need to hear this and realise that they are absolute masterminds, and when it comes to the crunch, I think they are more important than Astral Projection...

Guest Cosmogenesis

Must say, this is an awesome compilation of awesome tracks, and the mastering, it doesn't say on the cover who did it, but it is really nice.  The early goa tracks lose that tacky Goa feeling with every eqaulled out to make big thumping sounds with a nice melodic feel... can't be farked doing a review as all of these have been reviewd many times before... it's worth it and all the wanks whoe think the Dream are dead, need to hear this and realise that they are absolute masterminds, and when it comes to the crunch, I think they are more important than Astral Projection...

510856[/snapback]

X-Dream more important than Astral Projection... humm... Have I understood well? :blink: We maybe need a poll of conversation for that...

Nevertheless, I want to make an observation: for me, X-Dream has produced three more than excellent & awesome albums which are considered like classix in the goa history: "Trip to Trancesylvania", "We created our own happiness" & "Panic in Paradise". But I blame X-Dream for orientating in the worse way the goa genre with the "Radio" album. They were among the the first (maybe the 1rst) to begin the progressive death of the goatrance genre. Even if I respect their desire & efforts to be innovative at that time. But look the result now: the X-Dream style has made multiple evolutions in the last decade and we can clearly hear it through this "eclectic" "Best of". Impossible to compare their old melodic goa work with their psy-progressive music.

Btw, okay, I think this compilation is globally a good best-of comparing it with other pseudo "best-of" like "Akashic" from Cosmosis. But I have expected more rare or unreleased tracks inside, and I'm a little disappointed concerning that point. Furthermore, "Psychoactivity", one of the best X-Dream track ever, isn't part of this compilation. What a pity! :( However, I agree with the fact we have always to make a choice for a "best-of".

I think the point of this alum is to show their progression, how they reached the point theyare at no, not to impress fans so much... and this is why I think they are so good. Sure we know they progressed and changed heaps as they moved over the ten years, but until you listen to this, you don't realise how much. Whilst Astral stayed with same old recipe, and yes it worked but it was aways THE SAME, X-Dream made awesome changes, and also took some massive risks which IMO worked so welll... and I think they have been the most amazing of the techtrance/electrotrance styles because they stil keep it trippy...

tracklist (taken from isratrance)

01. Live Fast - Die Young

02. Children Of The Last Generation

03. The 5th Dimension

04. Clone 3

05. Eleven

06. Our Own Happiness (303 Edit - Unreleased)

07. Psychomachine

08. Relax Vortex

09. The 2nd Room

10. Panic In Paradise

11. Freak

12. The Frog

13. Radio Rmx

14. Out Here We’re Stoned

15. Inter Corporal Stimulator

16. Piece

17. Aspirin

18. Coming Soon

19. Irritant

20. Thorazin

493571[/snapback]

doesnt this look like a tracklist to you?

http://arabesque.co.uk/index.php?option=co...id=298&Itemid=2

they even have samples available ;).

Looks good, just coz it is on TIP World isn't a bad thing... but am more interested in the Midi Miliz remix album due out on Boshke

Guest Cosmogenesis

For people who don't know already X-Dream, I have to admit that this "best of is" an excellent way to learn & see their music evolution through the years.

Btw, I have listened a short sample of the 303 unreleased edit for "Our own happiness", and it sounds very similar of the original version. Am I wrong?

I think the point of this alum is to show their progression, how they reached the point theyare at no, not to impress fans so much... and this is why I think they are so good.  Sure we know they progressed and changed heaps as they moved over the ten years, but until you listen to this, you don't realise how much.  Whilst Astral stayed with same old recipe, and yes it worked but it was aways THE SAME, X-Dream made awesome changes, and also took some massive risks which IMO worked so welll... and I think they have been the most amazing of the techtrance/electrotrance styles because they stil keep it trippy...

511217[/snapback]

word!

Also ordered this cd! ;) couldn't be missed in my collection as I didn't own any X-dream originals so far.. this revamped compilation ROCKS!

btw Journeyman

Fellow top German techno artist Thomas P. Heckman has done the re-mastering of this newest offering.

And it sounds punchy and good indeed! :)

There are quite e few tracks here that I don't have so I'll definately be getting this one.

It's just sad to see a best of album because it usually means "Sayonara" I have no new ideas so just keep listening to my old stuff please. Is this the end for X-Dream?  :unsure:

501030[/snapback]

don't they usually do best of's for obligations to the record companies,depending on the contracts?

but i agree usually spells the end

Guest antic

Btw, okay, I think this compilation is globally a good best-of comparing it with other pseudo "best-of" like "Akashic" from Cosmosis. But I have expected more rare or unreleased tracks inside, and I'm a little disappointed concerning that point. Furthermore, "Psychoactivity", one of the best X-Dream track ever, isn't part of this compilation. What a pity!  :(  However, I agree with the fact we have always to make a choice for a "best-of".

511197[/snapback]

WTF is with you and that Akashic album? It's not Cosmosis' fault you bought it thinking it's new album without even checking the tracklist! If you at least would read the promo-texts, you'd know it was a compilation of previously released and now unavailable material. Get over it already! :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

WTF is with you and that Akashic album? It's not Cosmosis' fault you bought it thinking it's new album without even checking the tracklist! If you at least would read the promo-texts, you'd know it was a compilation of previously released and now unavailable material. Get over it already! :)

513582[/snapback]

Man, you make a misunderstanding. I have already spoken about the meaning of "the best of" in an other topic. My opinion (accept it or not) is that we can't really define as "best of" the "Akashic" album, because many old & mythic released tracks of Cosmosis, from rare compilations for example, aren't part of this stuff: "Howling at the moon", "San Yacid", "Telekinetic", "In yer face", and I forgot many others... If you see the tracklist, "Akashic" is mainly a mixture of both "Cosmology" & "Synergy" albums. So, if you have already those two albums, you have probably any interest to buy "Akashic". You know what I'm meaning?

So, this has nothing to do with unreleased material that YOU say I have expected for "Akashic". ;)

For people who don't know already X-Dream, I have to admit that this "best of is" an excellent way to learn & see their music evolution through the years.

Btw, I have listened a short sample of the 303 unreleased edit for "Our own happiness", and it sounds very similar of the original version. Am I wrong?

513426[/snapback]

I got this last week. The tracks are cleaned up with slightly better production but not really remixed to make much of a difference unless you listen to each version back to back. At least of the X-Dream tracks on this comp that I already owned. If you don't own much X-Dream stuff it's a good buy.

Guest antic

Man, you make a misunderstanding. I have already spoken about the meaning of "the best of" in an other topic. My opinion (accept it or not) is that we can't really define as "best of" the "Akashic" album, because many old & mythic released tracks of Cosmosis, from rare compilations for example, aren't part of this stuff:  "Howling at the moon", "San Yacid", "Telekinetic", "In yer face", and I forgot many others... If you see the tracklist, "Akashic" is mainly a mixture of both "Cosmology" & "Synergy" albums. So, if you have already those two albums, you have probably any interest to buy "Akashic". You know what I'm meaning?

So, this has nothing to do with unreleased material that YOU say I have expected for "Akashic".  ;)

513597[/snapback]

Now you misunderstand what I wanted to say :)

The sole purpose of the Akashic CD was to make those old tracks from now-unavailable Cosmosis albums available again. As far as I know, the CD with off-albums tracks is planned - it was requested many times by me and other people on various forums and Billy said it was a good idea.

Problem is, you don't see Akashic CD as "the best off", because you'd probably choose different tracks, right? Well, me to :) But that's the problem with best off's - all people have their own idea of which tracks should be there... Furthermore, the CD has 2 tracks from Cosmology, 3 tracks from Synergy, 2 tracks from Contact and 2 from Intergalactic, so I'd say it's very balanced, not the mixture of first two albums...

My point is, there's no need to complain about this like you do :)

Nobody forced you to buy it (I didn't). It's not released for you, but for the people who joined psytrance 2-3 years ago and don't even know who Cosmosis is and they're not willing to spend lots of $$$ for his albums on eBay... From that perspective, it's a good release :)

The case is exaclty the same with this X-Dream CD - it's probably good, but not for me since I have their best albums already :)

heck I bought Akazhic simply because it allowed me to flog off the originals for a huge amount of dosh :) Anyways, Antic sums it up perfectly, read and listen to samples before you buy, otherwise you have nothing to complain about. It was ya own damn mistake!

best ofs, as told to me by a mate who worked at virgin for a while, is often done when an artists has agreed to releasea a certain amount of music by a set date and cnannot fulfil it. So the lable just releases a best off, maybe with a few new or unreleased tracks, to make up for the cash losss...

Guest Cosmogenesis

Now you misunderstand what I wanted to say :)

The sole purpose of the Akashic CD was to make those old tracks from now-unavailable Cosmosis albums available again. As far as I know, the CD with off-albums tracks is planned - it was requested many times by me and other people on various forums and Billy said it was a good idea.

Problem is, you don't see Akashic CD as "the best off", because you'd probably choose different tracks, right? Well, me to :) But that's the problem with best off's - all people have their own idea of which tracks should be there... Furthermore, the CD has 2 tracks from Cosmology, 3 tracks from Synergy, 2 tracks from Contact and 2 from Intergalactic, so I'd say it's very balanced, not the mixture of first two albums...

My point is, there's no need to complain about this like you do :)

Nobody forced you to buy it (I didn't). It's not released for you, but for the people who joined psytrance 2-3 years ago and don't even know who Cosmosis is and they're not willing to spend lots of $$$ for his albums on eBay... From that perspective, it's a good release :)

The case is exaclty the same with this X-Dream CD - it's probably good, but not for me since I have their best albums already :)

513637[/snapback]

Well, if I say to you that I prefer by far "Amnesia" of Asia 2001 & the new edition of "Dance for Celestial Beings" of Elysium than "Akashic" & "The best (1991-2001)" of X-Dream, as "Best of", don't be surprised. You know already my arguments...

X-Dream “Out Here We Are Stoned” Shpongle Remix i have to hear this!!!! just found this in Alex's chart!!!

Alex Tolstey (Psychedelic - Progressive Chart)

1. X-Dream “Out Here We Are Stoned” Shpongle Remix /TIP World :o:o:o:D

2. Prometheus “Peek” /Twisted

3. X-Dream “Best Of” /Solstice

4. Spirallianz “Isn’t” /unreleased

5. Midimiliz “Phenomena” Atmos Remix /Boshke Beats

6. Kino Oko “Dead Birds In The Sky” /Horns and Hoofs

7. Hujaboy album /TIP World

8. Triac “Vaporized Triangles” /Domo

9. Triple Distilled “Midnight Circlulator” The Delta Remix /Boshke Beats

10. La Baaz “Asirion” The Rockitmen Remix /Coldgroove