i mean on sound like this one...Full of squeky sounds and acidish

atmosphere;))...Well this CD takes off with "Breathe"

which is very nice dreamy song...and one of my favourites here...Next is

"Pyramid"...well do I need to say anything

else about this one? I think not...;)) 3rd track here is "Kozmotron (1 And

2)"...it has litle more bass and it's kinda harder,

but it has melodies too...After that is "Synthetic Flesh" but let's go straight

to "Skinflint"...it's a song that could be released

even today...it sounds like it's relased nowdays from some isra-alien...;)))

GREAT track.........."VTOL." is a fast track with

nice melodies and it's pretty easy to listen...(it remainds me on some

Hallucinogen's work)...Next one, "Pleiadian Landing"

is pretty nice too...it sounds really oldschool (like whole album..;))) and has

some really (for me) atmospheric GOA samples.

And there are just two tracks left..."Elektron Blender" and "Chug"...while

"Chug" is litle slower tune..."Elektron Blender" is

great song...full of psychedelic melodies...and releaxed strings....with great

samples...complete full on track...

Conclusion, if you're sick of minimal sound of 2000nd then try to find this

CD...it's great psychedelic trance like we used to

like...and it's pretty refreshing to play it once in a while...Grade: 10/10...

Guest Zoltar   
Guest Zoltar

I totally disagree. I bought this album in 97 and still think that it's one of

the *baddest* releases ever. Unoriginal/linear patterns, boring

evolution/construction... Yes it's old school, and who cares? In 97 I remember

so great releases but for this one, Flying Rhino did not apply his quality

control. R.I.P. the old Technossomy! 'Pyramid' is a classic track. 'VTOL.' and

'Elektron Bender' tracks are okay but you could find them (better/longer

versions) on the 'Make It Fit EP' which is excellent. If you want to discover

Technossomy, just get this 3-track EP CD available on Flying Rhino Records

(1996 AFR012)and you won't be disappointed. The CD cover is AWFUL, the design

really sucks. Don't pay more than 5 bucks for this crap. [ 5.0/10 ]

Anoebis    432

VTOL kikcs ass!! Really great song!! The others are mediocre... 6/10!! Bom

Shankar

Guest ASIDAMUS   
Guest ASIDAMUS

The whole cd kicks ass , as in many other reviews if you were truly listening

to the sound of goa in the days of this albums release you would chherish this

album for its representation of that time plus the artwork is awesome u must

be blind or something

Guest Quetzalgoatl   
Guest Quetzalgoatl

I only heard VTOL and Synthetic Flesh...And they kick ass. Absolutely the true

sound of goa. Can't wait to hear the whole release.

Guest Marcello   
Guest Marcello

Some of the best psychedelic music i've ever heard!! Keep it up Technossomy!!!

Ktrance    1

A very inportant piece in my collection, anyone that were walking on the dance

back in 96-97 will remember Pyramid. In my opinion VTOL is one of the best

tracks ever made, its long but never boring, and takes some interresting

twists along the way. The cd [8/10], VTOL[10/10]..

Love and Light

Guest lunari-san   
Guest lunari-san

LOL .. i really adore VTOL .. but what the heck does it mean ?? .. V.T.O.L

????? anyone who knows that ?

the rest of the cd is ok .. Pyramid is very good too.

seraph    14

Vertical Take Off And Landing...

Guest goafan   
Guest goafan

the jocker!!!!!!!!!!!pure GOA TRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goa-Head    77

LOL .. i really adore VTOL .. but what the heck does it mean ?? .. V.T.O.L

????? anyone who knows that ?

the rest of the cd is ok .. Pyramid is very good too.

Vertical Take-Off And Landing

Drosophila    104

Fantastic CD... I wish it was re-released! Had to get from the net... would really like to have a real one!

Pure classic... all the way! :wub:

its just PCG! :rolleyes:

abasio    231

I have the original of this & yes it is an amazing piece of work.

Gave it a spin this morning & had to change my pants 5 or 6 times!

;)

If you ever see this pick it up, if you see more than one get them all :lol: it's that good.

saturn    1

Stunning album, one of the best I own. Along with KoxBox and Psychopod, Technossomy has made the most psychedelic music in Goatrance IMO.

The favourites:

Synthetic Flesh is among the weirdest, trippiest tracks I know. I almost laugh out of joy every time I hear it. Kozomotron 1 & 2, mindbending full-on psychedelia, great track! Pyramid, beautiful, mystical Pyramid. VTOL, though it has lost on me over the years. It started out as unbelievable perfection, but has declined to sometimes feeling a bit too harsh and lacking in sound quality for true enjoyment.

Divine    0

V.T.O.L.- Vertical Take-Off and Landing? :lol: is one of the most deep goa i know of, brilliant track...pyramid and elektron bender are also very good tracks but the rest of it is average goa, taking this into consideration this was somewhat dissapointing for me, it could have been a classic.

Oopie    166

I think the album is pretty average apart from VTOL which is, as said by many, a brilliant tune! :)

seraph    14

I think the album is pretty average apart from VTOL which is, as said by many, a brilliant tune! :)

Don't underestimate the power of PYRAMID and ELEKTRON BENDER. ;):D

Oopie    166

Don't underestimate the power of PYRAMID and ELEKTRON BENDER. ;):D

If I had to choose top-3 technossomy trax those would follow fo'shu ;)

Jon Cocco    96

TECHNOSSOMY - SYNTHETIC FLESH

FLYING RHINO RECORDS

Posted Image

Track list:

01. 05'12" Breathe

02. 09'43" Pyramid

03. 09'34" Kozmotron (1 And 2)

04. 09'19" Synthetic Flesh

05. 08'53" Skinflint

06. 12'37" VTOL

07. 07'20" Pleiadian Landing

08. 08'39" Elektron Bender

09. 07'28" Chug

How is Technossomy's first and final album date? The reviews on here seem to mention few tracks from off this album being worth hearing to me. The most noted track is clearly V.T.O.L. but is it as good as everyone seems to say it is?

01. Breath is a sweet, gentle and continuously moving, emotive Goa track. It's slower than most Goa songs too in the fairly chilled sense. A opera-esque, ghostly melody carries the song around a transition. Some juicy melodies form a delectible rhythm throughout. It is the impact from the combination of these few things that I find so effective. I think this is a great track actually. It stands out. It's just nothing super or spectacular. B+

02. Pyramid is the first harder, more aggressive dance song on the album. The melody and sound work present is strong throughout. At first I wasn't hooked as this is a song with multiple variations and sound combinations throughout. There is a general melody and beat throughout and I find that the song changes structures upon the foundation rather than build. It's like multiple, smaller yet intricate buildings on the same lot if that makes sense. I realize I make little sense. This is one of the best tracks on the album. B+

03. Kozmotron (1 And 2) opens with emphasis on the beat, more dynamic relative to combination than previous tracks. The beat couples with less juicy, more staccato melodies. They aren't that exciting or catchy and the beat combo becomes repetitive. I don't care for the first several minutes of this song. The melodies begin to develop and evolve as the track progresses, and at around 3:55 the song is beginning to sound good. A second had joined the initial lead. The flow is strengthened but not complete. The more aggressive rhythm becomes less tough. A downtempo, maybe mid-tempo transition with little going on takes place, removing virtually everything taking place before. The music soon returns and slowly comes into focus as a different body and rhythm than before. It's changed. I find the melody more personable, flexible, friendly, and enjoyable during the second part of the song. A sweet echoed hit incorporated some definition in the muscles of the music. There seems to be some an oriental influenced melody too. It's catchy. I like this part. The overall track is like two songs in a sense, one before and one after the middle transition. So far this is a very good album. B

04. Synthetic Flesh beings with a standard beat and some tribal drums coupled with squeeky psy-sounds. I don't care for the first leading melody because it sounds thin and weak to me. The voice samples are pretty forgettable. Something about braincells. I heard it three times and still can't remember it. The song is basically a bunch of psy-sounds around a beat. Some fairly nice melodies arrive in the second third. The atmosphere becomes more aggressive and dark. Some interesting melodies arrive and a sample seems to intimate that these "Normal People" are not normal at all. They're uninvited evil aliens I presume. But I presume to presume. I don't care for this song because the sounds and melodies are less engaging than the initial three tracks. It's a decent song with some cool ideas. B-

05. Skinflint is a slow, dull ride with a beat. This beat continues aimlessly, pointlessly and little sound bits litter the path. A melody around 3:27 brings us closer to a beating heart but it's far from good and soon forgotten. This sounds like a poorly done experimental track. A beat plays as random melody and sound sets seem to come and go. Each combination is disappointing. A sustained melody enters around 6:48 and gains volume attention. It sounds gentle and basic and the beat actually plays to it's advantage. The melody is gone by 7:40 however and I'm left with an aimless return to uninteresting sounds. At around 8:03 there's a pretty cool fusion of sounds but they're short lived and nothing great. This is a bad track with several decent to good moments. I'm will not generalize those moments to make this out to be more than it is. The album has begun to go downhill after the previous song in relation to the first three. D

06. V.T.O.L is superb. This one song is comprised of four extremely well crafted parts as if each part is a marvelous tower. Each is connected to the other. And each has a different design. In this regard, the sections involve different leads, melody structure, sounds, and God knows what else. Any one of these parts could have been a full, well done, albeit one-dimensional Goa track if the artists added several minutes to it. But no. Technossomy decided to go all out on this one. At the end of the forth tower or section, they combine together for a 5th part. It's like a final showdown sound fusion bursting with energy! It's beautiful and so creative! This is one of the most involving, thought out, ambitious, and well constructed Goa songs ever made. This is a super song and my favorite track by Technossomy ever made. I don't mean to sound like the general consensus but what's not to get? This is an awesome song. Bravo Technossomy!! A

07. Pleiadian Landing is a nice return to melodic rhythms but after hearing the marvel of V.T.O.L. I find this song disappointing. Hearing it again I can say that it's one of the better songs on the album. The melodies are cool at least. There are multiple leading gradualy added on top of each other. The music cuts out towards the end and the combination returns as energetic as before with a rising melody in addition. I think the previous track spoiled my appreciation so much that I enjoy this less than I should. It's good. B

Electron Bender is groovy and one of the most musical songs on the album. I really enjoy the combination of melodies and how they sound in this one best since super Track 6. They're great. The sound is eventually becomes engaging and juicy. The voice samples are catchy thanks to a cool male, echoed voice. They make the song feel more old fashioned or mid evil to me. The melody beginning at around 3:08 is great. The melody work around 4:55 is a similar pattarn to what begain at 3:08. Ambient deepens the track, making it the most honest and open about its feelings since track 6. I think this is a great track. No more. No less. B+

09. Chug is a slug. It's an uninteresting, slower track with, unlike the first, no emotion, heart, or engaging melodies or sounds, at least not how they're utilized and combined to me. This is not a good song. It actually reminds me of a bug. A boring bug with no friends. He's become quite introverted and anti-social. I don't know what story the artists are telling with this one, but if you can't make the story interesting and enjoyable most reader will eventually stop reading or not bother. I'm bored while listening to this. I want to go outside and breath fresh air. I want to press stop. I want to die! No I'm just kidding. It isn't the worst track out there but it's I don't like it. For an ending track on an album with such great and superb work [at times] this is not good. It's an example of what I consider below average. D

In conclusion, I feel like the only person on here who likes the opening track on here with exception to the first reviewer from 100 years ago who seemed to think every track was wonderful. No I'm just kidding. Unfortunately all is not perfect in Technossomy's land of Synthetic Flesh. However there is several seeet locations and one gorgeous dynasty, primarily during the Vertical Take-Off And Landing. :)

But what these artists did was make an album which starts fairly strong on top and then dumps like a bad relationship before hitting the ground where there lies an amazing line of fresh, uncorrupted cocaine. Oh my God the high after the fall has rarely been so stunning as we lift through the clouds and space comes into view. The rest of the body past the six range down is like a yellow light leaning into green occasionally. It's too bad the album ends with a flat out mediocre (at best) beat. This is an album with highs and lows. It's far form perfect and what I consider excellent. Nonetheless, there is one superb track and let's not forget about the several good and great ones.

Favorite Songs: 1, 2, 3, 6, 8.

B

• Like 1