Filteria-style

Riton

Hey everyone,

From "0-day", and the first time i heard "snuggling snail" i was hooked...

However y'all wanna call it, Neo-goa-melodic-fullon, it's great and i love it.

And i know a lot of you guys do too!

I liked the Killer Buds - Interfiber Skunk but i dunno if it's really that similar...

What do y'all have to say? Any similar releases?

Take it away!

PLUR

Dav

Insejn, that's the smart thing to do, i should have thought of that. thx :)

Detector, i know lol, im not completely lost in psy but Filteria just has this new more... well... fullonish sound that i need to go all out. As much as Pleiadians is awesome, it's just old, but old is gold... ahh u know what i mean right...

i mean recent stuff u know...

dont go giving me old goa names like Sarolta Monspart lol

Some nice old-school sounding stuff is the Ypsilon 5 album, the Blissful Moments compilation and the Pure Planet compilation. The tracks are not as wicked as the stuff from Filteria but definitely old-school sounding.

I dont like his 1st album.. all tracks are very identical, melodies are OVERused and sometimes TOO predictable, heh, neo-melodic full-on fits it perfectly.. not much to do with the oldskool sound i think...

If you like something new that still has the oldskool flavour check Etheral - Anima Mundi [2003, Tranceform Records]

I dont like his 1st album.. all tracks are very identical, melodies are OVERused and sometimes TOO predictable, heh, neo-melodic full-on fits it perfectly.. not much to do with the oldskool sound i think...

422254[/snapback]

Grrrrr ! No, they are not VERY identical, melodies aren't predictable, he is just using similar melodic structures as used before so that is why they seem predictable.

But, as everyone has their own taste, that is how it would end, but don't bring too judgemental conclusions...( other words, go and listen to the album again )....:P;)

Grrrrr ! No, they are not VERY identical, melodies aren't predictable, he is just using similar melodic structures as used before so that is why they seem predictable.

But, as everyone has their own taste, that is how it would end, but don't bring too judgemental conclusions...( other words, go and listen to the album again )....:P;)

422619[/snapback]

:)

I could dance to it for 10-15 minutes max , but that's it...

No concept, no story-telling, no mind-travelling , no atmosphere...

;)

IMO

of course i hope his 2nd fits my taste..

I think I know what you might be looking for, but there's not much of it out there. If you want the neo goa stuff then the essentials have already been mentioned, if however your emphasis is on full on (the good old way) my personal recommendations would be

The Misted Muppet - From the Legend

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

Some would recommend:

Droidlock - Elefantronika

Talpa - The Art of Being Non

Xerox & Illumination - Temporary Insanety

but I don't think they were all that, definitely ok, but not more.

You could also look for individual tracks like:

Killer Buds - Everything Is A Copy

GMS vs. Dado , Dino Psaras & Dimitri Nakov - D.D.D. 'N' R & B

...and anything by Gappeq.

Have fun!

This might make me look dumb, but why don't you try some of the more melodic psy albums lately?

Twisted System - The Dealers

Talpa - The Art of Being Non

The Misted Muppet - From the Legend

These albums are highly melodic, but still fresh (they are all from 2004 i think). And they don't sound very much like the old goatrance.

:)

I could dance to it for 10-15 minutes max , but that's it...

No concept, no story-telling, no mind-travelling , no atmosphere...

;)

IMO

of course i hope his 2nd fits my taste..

422624[/snapback]

I have to agree with you, after track 2 filteria released all his secrets and brings nothing new anymore further in the ablum so the concept 'boring' start at track 4, and the cd switch to another is at track 5 :D

I see people filteria comparing to khetzal :blink:

not all newschool is similar like not all fullon is similar or progressive,

the difference between filteria and khetzal is imo huge !

ok it's suntrip records and worth trying, so it wasn't a bad tip to give if somebody is looking for good new school music but still it's not the same as filteria,

even the opposite for me imo :unsure:

I find Khetzal's style much more unique. The track "Djaningar" is really great, on par with the best old school tracks in terms of musicality.

And of course he has a slow track and a mega-fast track on the album, a bit more variation.

I find Khetzal's style much more unique. The track "Djaningar" is really great, on par with the best old school tracks in terms of musicality.

And of course he has a slow track and a mega-fast track on the album, a bit more variation.

427832[/snapback]

khetzal tells a story, he doens't wants to be the fastest, hardest and most melodic all the time but can get you into trance with other elements too,

I like that :)