Samples

Cinos

Samples don't make your tracks better, they just cheapen them.

Anyway Elysium, 1) It wasn't just about your track, I mentioned others as well. And I didn't say YOU were the single wrongdoer, but that both you and Posford were.

2) Yeah, I've made a few tracks, effectively making me a musician if you feel that non-musical people shouldn't judge shit. Then I lost all inspiration. And sadly the tracks are very amateurish... but I HAVE made music. :P

Cinos' Music

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium

Anyway I am done with this topic. I said what i wanted to... And I will for sure continue make my music the way I like to make it. No matter if I make the huge unforgive sin to use a sample that comes from a sample CD or have been used by another artist before me. Ce la vie. Dont listen to my music if it annoy you or piss you off so much that you need to open up topics about it.

Have a nice day all. :)

Anyway I am done with this topic.  I said what i wanted to... And I will for sure continue make my music the way I like to make it.  No matter if I make the huge unforgive sin to use a sample that comes from a sample CD or have been used by another artist before me.  Ce la vie.  Dont listen to my music if it annoy you or piss you off so much that you need to open up topics about it.

411729[/snapback]

You may have noticed that your track is only 25% of the ones I mentioned, and only 1/8 of the ones I complained about. An example, not the point.

Dont listen to my music if it annoy you or piss you off so much that you need to open up topics about it.

411729[/snapback]

And how, prey tell, are we meant to know whether we like it or not without listening to it?

Guest Elysium

You may have noticed that your track is only 25% of the ones I mentioned, and only 1/8 of the ones I complained about. An example, not the point.

411730[/snapback]

ok let's nitpick a little (and then I am out of here.. got to go shopping).

Where are the rest 7/8 ?

This is what you wrote dear Cinos. And please be aware of that i got pissed off because of the way you choosed to express yourself. It was in my opinion a quite arrogant "betterwisser" way of critisising my use of a sample (You did not mention 7 other artists tracks names BY NAME- only my track!!!!)

AAAAAAH!

I'm so INCREDIBLY tired of psy artists using vocals from sample CDs! Seriously, after hearing the vocals from Ott's Splitting An Atom in more than four other tracks and the stuff from Younger Brother - Magic Monkey Juice in Elysium - Fairytale, I'm at the edge of suicide.

Not to mention Ely's track is great, but those vocals go a long way in ruining it.

If you can't afford new vocals, THEN DON'T FUCKING USE THEM!  :angry:

*whew*

411082[/snapback]

Edited by Elysium

ok let's nitpick a little (and then I am out of here.. got to go shopping).

Where are the rest 7/8 ?

This is what you wrote dear Cinos. And please be aware of that i got pissed off because of the way you choosed to express yourself.  It was in my opinion a quite arrogant "betterwisser" way of critisising my use of a sample (You did not mention 7 other artists tracks names - only my track!!!!)

411734[/snapback]

And Splitting An Atom by Ott, and Magic Monkey Juice by Younger Brother, plus saying that there were an additional four tracks that use those samples. I also mentioned Tiesto later on.

Guest Elysium

And Splitting An Atom by Ott, and Magic Monkey Juice by Younger Brother, plus saying that there were an additional four tracks that use those samples. I also mentioned Tiesto later on.

411737[/snapback]

I meant that you did not mention any other "sinful" artists by name

You mentioned that some had "copied" samples from Ott's track and wrong assumed I had listened to Younger Brothers track and "sinned" by using the same sample.

Other than that you still do not get my point why I got pissed off by the way you expressed your "anger".

And yes you later mentioned Tiesto.. big deal Cinos. Your first post still seem bitchy to me. I saw my name 2 times in your post... No other "wrong doing" artists got mentioned by name... Got it ?

Edited by Elysium

I meant that you did not mention any other "sinful" artists by name

You mentioned that some had "copied" samples from Ott's track and wrong assumed I had listened to Younger Brothers track and "sinned" by using the same sample.

Other than that you still do not get my point why I got pissed off by the way you expressed your "anger".

And yes you later mentioned Tiesto.. big deal Cinos.  Your first post still seem bitchy to me.  I saw my name 2 times in your post... No other "wrong doing" artists got mentioned by name... Got it ?

411739[/snapback]

Except Ott, Tiesto and Younger Brother you mean? I mentioned them as using samples, as I did you, which was the point. They use samples.

Guest Elysium

Except Ott, Tiesto and Younger Brother you mean? I mentioned them as using samples, as I did you, which was the point. They use samples.

411748[/snapback]

ok one more time just for you.

You mentioned that 4 unnamed artists had used the same samples as used in Ott's "Splitting An Atom". You did not write that you thought that Ott was wrong to use the sample.

You mentioned me "wrongly" using the same sample as Younger Brother used in their "Magic Monkey Juice" (I have still not heard the track - sorry)

So the way i interpretate your post is that you did NOT mention any other "wrong doing" artist except for me in your first post...

But you did indeed mention my name 2 times!!!!!

Again I quote you so you can see what you yourself wrote. I hope you get it this time... (who am I kidding?)

AAAAAAH!

I'm so INCREDIBLY tired of psy artists using vocals from sample CDs! Seriously, after hearing the vocals from Ott's Splitting An Atom in more than four other tracks and the stuff from Younger Brother - Magic Monkey Juice in Elysium - Fairytale, I'm at the edge of suicide.

Not to mention Ely's track is great, but those vocals go a long way in ruining it.

If you can't afford new vocals, THEN DON'T FUCKING USE THEM!  :angry:

*whew*

411082[/snapback]

Edited by Elysium

wtf... do I need to write the word "wrong doing" for you get it? It's clearly what I mean. I complain about samples usage, and thus I complain about all the artists I mention, no matter if I specifically said so or not.

Sigh.

ok one more time just for you.

You mentioned that 4 unnamed artists had used the same samples as used in Ott's "Splitting An Atom".  You did not write that you thought that Ott was wrong to use the sample.

You mentioned me "wrongly" using the same sample as Younger Brother used in their "Magic Monkey Juice" (I have still not heard the track - sorry)

So the way i interpretate your post is that you did NOT name any other "wrong doing" artist except for me in your first post...

But you did indeed mention my name 2 times!!!!!

Again I quote you so you can see what you yourself wrote.  I hope you get it this time... (who am I kidding?)

411749[/snapback]

Guest Elysium

wtf... do I need to write the word "wrong doing" for you get it? It's clearly what I mean. I complain about samples usage, and thus I complain about all the artists I mention, no matter if I specifically said so or not.

Sigh.

411751[/snapback]

It's not at all clear what you meant in your first post Cinos... Dont unsult my intelligence... as I said... You did not once mention any other names than my name when it come to your opinion about using samples that are "wrong"...

You never wrote IN YOUR FIRST POST that you thought Ott or Younger Brother were also wrong to use the samples!!!!

So stop all the "I DID say"...NO YOU DID NOT Cinos... Capice?

Now I am really out of here.. No Popcorn fun from my side Heva...sorry ;)

And Cinos next time you want to bitch and tell the artist how they should make their music or what samples they should not use at least do it in a polite way.

That's all from me. I have had it with this topic. On to better things :)

Edited by Elysium

And Cinos next time you want to bitch and tell the artist how they should make their music or what samples they should not use at least do it in a polite way.

411754[/snapback]

Again, hypocrisy.

You're telling Cinos what's wrong (in your opinion) with his posts and at the same time asking that people don't tell you what's wrong (in their opinion) with your music.

Cinos music is nice....amaturish as he says, but very nice

416463[/snapback]

Hm? :)

It's too bad I can't (try to) remaster them anymore without actually doing the whole thing from scratch since the project files are lost. :(

But I try to keep a similar feeling in possible upcoming tracks. Thanks.

I think that if a musician considers that a sample makes his/her music better then go for it. It has not always have to be done the hard way to be good. I find this a common thing in many forms of art. Somehow people are afraid to tell that something that they could use themselves can be good and right to use. But in music as in every artform it´s the end result that counts. Not how you get there. Don´t listen to those damn sample CDs if they destroy your listening...

Hm?  :)

It's too bad I can't (try to) remaster them anymore without actually doing the whole thing from scratch since the project files are lost.  :(

But I try to keep a similar feeling in possible upcoming tracks. Thanks.

417257[/snapback]

yeah, i listened to your musics and i thought that they were peacfull, warm and melodic

but not chessy, its in a beautiful way........ typical elitist caucasian music :P

i was quite impressed :)

My favorite was Turning Grey, then followed by Memories of the Sun

Noon Lake is nice too, but someone has to be last

-I- think its quite funny

to dislike samples

and listen to electronic music

sample cd s or whatever

even hardware synths can have samples on them

and why do you care

I had the samples shpongle used

it didnt irittate me it inspired me to hear how he used them

and from single hits to vocals, pads... much of stuff we hear are samples anyway

do you people make every single drum sound out of your own recordings or completely out of analog synths :o

its like fsol said we re not musicians we re collage artists

and i dont care what artists they are or what art it is, it is the aesthetic experience that takes me beyond my natural states, f*ck the rest

I like listening to music and floating and going beyond

not thinking how it is done, who did it, why he did it

THE MUSIC is there to experience at all