LSD and darkpsy

GaySatanicHippie

I just saw that theres a compi out to celebrate Albert Hoffmanns 100 birthday, and apprently the whole thing was written on LSD and is dedicated to that. The whole thing is 148+ darkpsy. Also Goa Gil, and all the other darkpsy afficionados, are always talking about LSD and tripping all the time.

I wonder, whats the connection between lsd and aNd 150bpm audio sodomization? when im tripping i need something nice and trippy and fluffy, like psychill or something very melodic. for example, i heard lish while tripping very hard, that was awesome. and ive been to festivals where i tripped and was subjected to darkpsy, that was awful, i hate darkpsy anyways, but on acid it was just fucking scary and even more obnoxious. is it because the digifarts sound more real, can you actually smell them on acid?

Sometimes when you´re on acid and hearing dark psy it takes your trip to another level...a more intense and trippy one. It has happened to me in past times.

I don't think it's impossible that LSD makes the connection between the thoughts in your head and the music you write that much closer than it would otherwise have been. This might link into the fact that certain countries produce proportionally more dark music than others, Russia for example, as each country has its own internal situation.

Personally I much prefer the music I write to describe the world I want to live in.

well it seems to me dark psy is a lot more atmospheric and complete and rides a more complete journey... especiallu fucked up, is like a movie, you are just along for the ride... and i think we can all agree scary/misterious movies can be very interesting now and again, when the people take the time do them right ;)

well, ive seen ppl describing darkspsy as "trip" and goa trance as "visuals".

wtf, darkspy is nothing imo, ok, IMO, i mean - scary? <- oh, oh, im shaking, imo in the meaning of deepness and insightfull moments how can something "scary" and "dark" been related to deep trip, it works on your fear, you loose your mind, your will, its psycho.. not psyche.. music imo. theres nothing that could scare the shit out of me, darkpsy is only imo "music to pump out of your cars subwoofer" to look cool and showoff like a child, no inner space exploration.

note that this is only my opinion, based on very little darkspy listening experience, yet knowing the concept of it :).

Edited by reger
  • Like 1

wtf, darkspy is nothing imo, ok, IMO, i mean - scary? <- oh, oh, im shaking, imo in the meaning of deepness and insightfull moments how can something "scary" and "dark" been related to deep trip, it works on your fear, you loose your mind, your will, its psycho.. not psyche.. music imo. theres nothing that could scare the shit out of me, darkpsy is only imo "music to pump out of your cars subwoofer" to look cool and showoff like a child, no inner space exploration.

note that this is only my opinion, based on very little darkspy listening experience, yet knowing the concept of it :).

391023[/snapback]

I agree.

IMO, Dark is hardcore. People listening to Dark are hardcore and Dark itself has evolved as opposite to Fluffy Hi-Tech Neo Teenage Isra Disco Ecstacy Ibiza Trance stuff.

So here we have *Heavy Junkies* and *Fluffy Glowing Kids*. The first exploring hard drugs and huge dosages, the others just smiling and not giving a damn about what 'psychedelic' stands for.

The first are often 'oldschool' (having been in this culture for a long time), new more intelligent people that arrived here not so long ago or just heavy junkies. The first of this group, given the wide variety of fresh releases can't stand not psychedelic (mostly pop and mass-culture music) have no choice - dark is the closest to them.

That's why, imo, they refer to it as the most psychedelic of them all. And I agree.

Personally, I stand between them, but abit closer to the dark. This dark stuff is just too radical... sometimes ridiculous and stupid, and the most sad thing is that Suntrip isn't enough.

I can name only few releases this year to about hundred dark horror killthemall trance and disco trance.

. o O (•) Theo

is it really cool signing all your posts like this?

I've yet to hear any dark psy (unless the Lemurians - Dark Secret album is considered dark psy) but feel it might be something I like. What are the best examples of the genre?

391047[/snapback]

The ones I like are (2005)

Para Halu - The World Of Peace

Derango - Tumult

Wizack Twizack - Behind the Trees

Ocelot - Vectorselector

VA - Moon Unit

VA - Schlabbaduerst 007

VA - Run Motherfucker Run

. o O (•) Theo

Derango - Tumult

I was just thinking about that while reading this thread :)

There is alot of bad darkpsy out there (but then, is this not true for all genres) but the better ones are IMO liked because they are a different kind of stimulus. Its just another form of intensity, and why it works well with LSD is something I've recently gotten curious about. The reason its appealing is that its simply another form of experience and it offers another form of intensity that some people enjoy.

Its not like all people who listen to darkpsy are all black-clothes-wearing evil motherf*ckers who headbang to psyfarts (great term to describe the fx in that music :lol: hahaha), there is some truelly psychedelic stuff in darkpsy in my opinion, its very rare, but its still something that captures my eye, or ear I should say (or both... ;) ) And like some people have said here, its not really scary, just obnoxious, I would say its more of a thrill than something scary. If it was scary it would not be doing 150BPM through various dance friendly grooves, if it was to scare your wits they would be doing entirely different things with the music (psykovsky - wooden child)

391023[/snapback]

to a degree, i agree... (hah)... there's a lot of bullshit stuff coming out this days, but i think you have some of those ideas wrong... but there is stuff out there that is very much meant to be heard from the other side. Take derango, Procs, v/A - Schizm... for example, there's much more to it than it meets the eye and once you are in that state of mind music does take a different dimension. Some of it is just wierd noises... and like i have said before it's turning way to 'psy' for my taste... too much randomness, too much abstraction... you want something in between give v/a namaste from russia a try, you might be plesantly surpriced.

ps: you can still pump your car subwoofer if with asstrix you play it loud enough ;)

I've yet to hear any dark psy (unless the Lemurians - Dark Secret album is considered dark psy) but feel it might be something I like. What are the best examples of the genre?

391047[/snapback]

Ah. I have JUST the thing for you. go to Psyshop.com and look up this album and listen to the samples.

VA - Lethal Doses.

The Quacken loves all things Dark.

Artists such as Kindzadza, Penta, Damage, Psykovsky, Zik, Kerosene Club, Paranoize etc. Good stuff.

VA Schizm is not scary, it is amuzZzzing  :lol:

391169[/snapback]

ys exactly there's this new stuff... called forest trance, that's like... dark psy, but not really. It's kind of amusing and wild and not-scary... but really funkay!

:D

The reason its appealing is that its simply another form of experience and it offers another form of intensity that some people enjoy.

391051[/snapback]

agree :).

to a degree, i agree... (hah)... there's a lot of bullshit stuff coming out this days, but i think you have some of those ideas wrong... but there is stuff out there that is very much meant to be heard from the other side. Take derango, Procs, v/A - Schizm... for example, there's much more to it than it meets the eye and once you are in that state of mind music does take a different dimension. Some of it is just wierd noises... and like i have said before it's turning way to 'psy' for my taste... too much randomness, too much abstraction... you want something in between give v/a namaste from russia a try, you might be plesantly surpriced.

ps: you can still pump your car subwoofer if with asstrix you play it loud enough ;)

391052[/snapback]

it could be so, you never know :), because as i said - i havent heard much of so called "dark" psychedelic trance

ill give it a try ;).

btw, i dont have a car, nor drivers license :ph34r: