Lol @ Astral Projection

http://www.boadistribution.com/NEWS/COMPACT/CPCD-IL027/

See here, i don´t know if i should laugh or wine, Astral Projection, one of the best psyrance groups start to make worse fullon, lol at Israel :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: , and give you that, this compulation is under the LABEL of trust in trance, i don´t trust in trance anymore

What is exactly commercial? Is that supposed to be something bad? The fact that a bigger, wider audience opens to us shows commercialization? We do and always did only what we believe in. We are our own bosses, and nobdy dictates to us what to do, that is why all that comes from our heart and from our studio, are only things we are satisfied with and love. The remix to Faithless' God is A DJ, is a track we really like, we decided to make it because we like the original, and we think it came with out compromising on our behalf, it is very Astral. Faithless just gave us Rolo's singing, and all that is around it is totally Astral. They are happy of the outcome, and so are we.

they say that they make all of their heards, but i don´t think so because they make what all other artists make. And i really can´t believe that trust in trance release full on artists and set the genre of this cd to full on psychedelic, is psytrance dead?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they say that they make all of their heards, but i don´t think so because they make what all other artists make.

Check out the sample of their lone track on the compilation - doesn't sound like full-on. Sounds like typical Astral. Obviously they haven't changed *their* style to the overdone full-on sound, even if they select some full-on tracks to go on a compilation.

And i really can´t believe that trust in trance release full on artists and set the genre of this cd to full on psychedelic, is psytrance dead?

377624[/snapback]

It's just one CD. Just don't buy it and quit over-reacting. :P

Anyways, this CD isn't being released by Trust in Trance as you said in your post - it's being released by Compact which I'm pretty sure is a full-on oriented label. Why is it so shocking that there are full-on tracks on this CD?

"We do and always did only what we believe in"

LOL thats a proof that they dont make "the style that they belive in" (I mean, they DID their style, but not anymore)

If they "ALWAYS" had been doing their style they would have said "We alwayes do what we belive in" :ph34r:

Guest run lola

LOL thats a proof that they dont make "the style that they belive in" (I mean, they DID their style, but not anymore)

If they "ALWAYS" had been doing their style they would have said "We alwayes do what we belive in" :ph34r:

377669[/snapback]

Dude i think u fell in your own trap, read the sentence again..

:D:D:lol:

"we DO and always DID"

do yu got the do and did

and don't talk shit about Faithless :angry::angry:

In this compil the Lish remix of Wizzy Noise sounds very good. The Astral Projection track sounds full on but at least you recognize theis sound and their energy. All the other tracks are typical full on, they sound the same.

It doesn't worth it.

Check out the sample of their lone track on the compilation - doesn't sound like full-on.  Sounds like typical Astral.  Obviously they haven't changed *their* style to the overdone full-on sound, even if they select some full-on tracks to go on a compilation.

It's just one CD.  Just don't buy it and quit over-reacting.  :P

Anyways, this CD isn't being released by Trust in Trance as you said in your post - it's being released by Compact which I'm pretty sure is a full-on oriented label.  Why is it so shocking that there are full-on tracks on this CD?

377661[/snapback]

the melodies on their track are astral, but listetn to the kick or the bassline, they are full full on crap. to produce full on is stupid because i have read in many forums that most people don´t like full on at all and i have talked with many people, too that have said full on is worse so if they would make their REAL classic style but with more sounds or more melodic or more dark more people would buy their albums.

I haven't really liked anything from Astral Projection since the extremely disappointing "Dancing Galaxy" album, but the sample of "Open Society" actually sounds pretty darn nice to me. Surprising. I also like the sound of the Lish remix of Wizzy Noise :)

the melodies on their track are astral, but listetn to the kick or the bassline, they are full full on crap. to produce full on is stupid because i have read in many forums that most people don´t like full on at all and i have talked with many people, too that have said full on is worse so if they would make their REAL classic style but with more sounds or more melodic or more dark more people would buy their albums.

377717[/snapback]

Yes full on is bad because a lot of people have said it on forums !!!

Astral Projection died after Trust In Trance (3) was released on TIP Records.

Therefore, who cares? They're dead and I don't give a rats ass how big they become or how commercial. They suck, end of story. The past is just that, the past. :)

Aaron

Astral Projection died after Trust In Trance (3) was released on TIP Records.

Therefore, who cares?  They're dead and I don't give a rats ass how big they become or how commercial.  They suck, end of story.  The past is just that, the past. :)

Aaron

377868[/snapback]

They have made some good tracks in dancing galaxy and the album after it, i havn´t lked in the mix and ten, but Amen was a pretty good album because the guality.

I haven't really liked anything from Astral Projection since the extremely disappointing "Dancing Galaxy" album, but the sample of "Open Society" actually sounds pretty darn nice to me. Surprising. I also like the sound of the Lish remix of Wizzy Noise :)

377742[/snapback]

What alo make me sick is that he have add the standart full on elements like the repeating vocals with stopping of every synth without the vocal. And i don´t think that they have made the track only because the full on compilation, they want to release an album with the name new sociecy and i think that they will add other full on crap in this album, too. Astral Projection aren´t astral projection anymore.

Dude i think u fell in your own trap, read the sentence again..

:D  :D  :lol:

"we DO and always DID"

do yu got the do and did

and don't talk shit about Faithless :angry:  :angry:

377700[/snapback]

ehh lol.. dont you get what im trying to say?

if you dont.. just forget about it!

I dont mind full-onish kicks and basslines. What i dont like about full-on is it lack of personality. And IMO Astral Projection got enough personality to give away.

378023[/snapback]

Do astral projection read opinions of their albums or no, they should notice to yet that nobody likes their new stuff at all.

Do astral projection read opinions of their albums or no, they should notice to yet that nobody likes their new stuff at all.

378088[/snapback]

If they like what they're making i dont see why stop. Music is not made to fulfill listener needs, but only the musician's spiritual needs. Theres always something that a listener will like. But if a musician dont like his own stuff, he's doomed to suck.

If they like what they're making i dont see why stop. Music is not made to fulfill listener needs, but only the musician's spiritual needs. Theres always something that a listener will like. But if a musician dont like his own stuff, he's doomed to suck.

378099[/snapback]

I strongly disagree. Music is not made to fullfill listeners needs ? Sorry, but if someone wanted to make music only for himself than he wouldn't release it to the public. And if music wasn't made for me, i surely wouldn't spend my time and money on it.

Music is a two way path. It is made by the artist for the people, a process were they both have something to gain.

I strongly disagree. Music is not made to fullfill listeners needs ? Sorry, but if someone wanted to make music only for himself than he wouldn't release it to the public. And if music wasn't made for me, i surely wouldn't spend my time and money on it.

Music is a two way path. It is made by the artist for the people, a process were they both have something to gain.

378109[/snapback]

true, but i think they don´t watch what the public want or they are stupid and read only the postings on their site, if you have noticed yet, on their site you can see only previews like you are the gods of psy and so on, :lol::lol::lol: they really should check out the well known sites like here or Isratrance, because the people on Isratrance alzo say that new Astral Projection is crap.

true, but i think they don´t watch what the public want or they are stupid and read only the postings on their site, if you have noticed yet, on their site you can see only previews like you are the gods of psy and so on,  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  they really should check out the well known sites like here or Isratrance, because the people on Isratrance alzo say that new Astral Projection is crap.

378114[/snapback]

Sorry, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. Since when was psynews and isratrance a reliable source for what's popular? I can guarantee you that this cd will sell much much more than any "good" psy cd released this year. Either you like it or not, full on sells, open your eyes fgs. :ph34r:

Sorry, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. Since when was psynews and isratrance a reliable source for what's popular? I can guarantee you that this cd will sell much much more than any "good" psy cd released this year. Either you like it or not, full on sells, open your eyes fgs.  :ph34r:

378144[/snapback]

They buy the CD because astral projection have an image, like most people buy a mercedes instead of an japanese as good car that is much cheaper. Can you understand me?

They buy the CD because astral projection have an image, like most people buy a mercedes instead of an japanese as good car that is much cheaper. Can you understand me?

378149[/snapback]

Of course I see what you mean, and we all would want them to make better music. My point is just that your claim of them selling less cds this way is wrong. It's rather the opposite. The kids crave full-on, sad but true.

the melodies on their track are astral, but listetn to the kick or the bassline, they are full full on crap.

OK, I can hear a rolling-ness about the bassline similar to what you hear in full-on, but I this track overall is still miles away from full-on. There is subtlety, emotion and that definite elegant Astral flavor that was absolutely oozing out of Dancing Galaxy. To be honest, I really dig the sample - best thing I have heard from them in years (and I've been really disappinted by their output lately).

to produce full on is stupid because i have read in many forums that most people don´t like full on at all and i have talked with many people, too that have said full on is worse so if they would make their REAL classic style but with more sounds or more melodic or more dark more people would buy their albums.

377717[/snapback]

I'll agree that there is too much generic full-on out there, but again, this track is definitely not full-on crap IMO. It seems to be a step back from the whole super-cheesy clubtrance vibe they were starting to take on and going back to the elegant euphoric feeling of their late-90s tracks. Or at least that's what I get from the 3-4 minute sample on the site. ;)

And just because some people on forums say that full-on is bad doesn't mean that it's "stupid" for producers to make it. If that was the case, then it would be "stupid" to make just about any type of music since every style has its haters.

378088[/snapback]

Well, if they were to read this topic, they would see that there are more people posting that like this track than those who don't. ;)

Like I said, quite over-reacting and just don't buy it. :P

Don't like that -Open Society- track. Like you said, rolling bassline, but not that bad as most fulll-on, but still YUCK!!! The melody doesnt "say" anything, it's just one sound in the background, which sounds for my taste too (normal) trancey.

Also they seem to have started some new (new..sure) tricks that you can hear in most of full-on tracks, these 1-second breaks of silence and then the track continues again & other tricks that we have heard million times before.