Recommend me some Eat Static

Cinos

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

-Hybrid (TIP remix) [ultimate rec]=>goa

-Critical Mass [Atomic]=> intereting mix of fat psytrance & drum & bass

-City Of Sin [bNE]=>long, fun & melodic weirdo eclectic stuf with freejazz feeling

-Race To Space [solstice]=> fun spatical race melodic universe

Guest Astro Cortex

I see you have Abduction already.

You should get at least these 4 as well:

Implant

Epsylon EP

Science of the Gods

The Alien EPs

Essential.

I see you have Abduction already.

You should get at least these 4 as well:

Implant

Epsylon EP

Science of the Gods

The Alien EPs

Essential.

354913[/snapback]

Yeah, what he said. You have to be a little open-minded though, as it's not all 100% psy/goa trance, but include some drum & bass and techno elements. But it's all brilliant music for sure. Also the live album B-World is worth getting hold of.

As I have every single release from them, I can only recommend ALL of them.

Be it Psy/Breakbeats/House/whatever. What EatStatic Touches, gets holy for me.

Oh, and I didnt see anyone Recommend the Gulf Breeze remixes, nor the Bony Incus release :)

Science of the Gods - there are some tracks on that one that capture their whole breakbeat/d&b side perfectly. Funny you should ask for Eat Static recommendations since I just dug out that album about one hour ago. ;)

As I have every single release from them, I can only recommend ALL of them.

355128[/snapback]

I can only agree with Tekk on this one. They might not always strictly (or even slightly) psy-trance per se but always quality. All the early stuff is fantastic (and all still available from Planet Dog records) and pretty psy. Some later stuff is all over the place, but I love it, especially Crash and Burn which is my favourite. If I'm feeling low, I just put on Mondo A Go-Go and immediately feel better :-)

It sadly seems that their stuff isn't compatible with me. Especially the stuff after Science Of The Gods is plain obnoxious.

Alien Artifacts seems pretty nice though - what's more like that one?

Guest Astro Cortex

I haven't heard Alien Artifacts, but since it is a collection of very early (i.e. pre-Abduction) ES stuff I suppose it's quite similar to the Alien EPs disc.

It sadly seems that their stuff isn't compatible with me. Especially the stuff after Science Of The Gods is plain obnoxious.

Alien Artifacts seems pretty nice though - what's more like that one?

355979[/snapback]

ye the newer stuff is quite different, I'd say from Science of the Gods onwards...specifically when this album was released it was so different I was a bit 'uh-oh dunno if I like it' but I have to say it quickly grew on me and now I think it's a classic.

I think you'd like some of their earlier stuff for sure, I have an EP called 'Epsylon' which is coolies, and their album 'Implant' which is also very good.

I love eat static, they were the first live 'dance-act' that I ever saw, they have a place in my heart. They have an excellent live show.

Banco De Gaia - Lai-Lah (Eat Static Kitchen Sink Remix)

Also a very good track ... although it reminds me of Shpongle (because of the voices) and I hate Shpongle, but I still like that track :)

Banco De Gaia - Lai-Lah (Eat Static Kitchen Sink Remix)

Also a very good track ... although it reminds me of Shpongle (because of the voices) and I hate Shpongle, but I still like that track :)

358341[/snapback]

uhoh... the whole Head & Shoulders mafia hates you now. but that's ok, they are just posers.