Best Hux Flux Track

Voted for Time Slices as thats the first of his tracks I heard and it really really got to me. I say 'his' because that one is made by Dennis himself, as is my runner-up, Degauss.

psy trance you listen to at night... and not during the day...

349002[/snapback]

The whole genre is a joke. There isn't any specific kind of psy which sounds more "night". It all fits at any time of the day. :angry:

The whole genre is a joke. There isn't any specific kind of psy which sounds more "night". It all fits at any time of the day. :angry:

349008[/snapback]

Said the great dancefloor wizard. Just put Astrix in the night and see how people on the dancefloor will react :angry:

Or even better put some Kindzadza in 12PM.

Cinos: Don't you think night psy captures the feeling of night rather than that of morning or day?

349012[/snapback]

There is no "night psy". The closest thing to that would be Phutureprimitive - Sub Conscious. But all the stuff people call "night" is just normal psy.

There is no "night psy". The closest thing to that would be Phutureprimitive - Sub Conscious. But all the stuff people call "night" is just normal psy.

349014[/snapback]

You're amazing.

You're amazing.

349015[/snapback]

So are you. Your genre-whoring is very impressive.

Hell, let's make more nonsensical subgenres. I personally like epic psy and cyber psy a lot. And what about Midnight psy, early morning psy, evening psy and brunchtime psy? Heck, my all-time favorite has to be breakfastpsy. It just describes that breakfasty feeling so well.

349008[/snapback]

i know thus my weak answer...

but to try to answer your question a little better... night-time psy trance is more focused on the groove not the actual melodies, is a bit more 'mindless' kind of affair... to simply go and dance...

day time or (brunchtime ;) ) is more focused on melodies... whenever i hear the term i think more like... electro sun for some reason (probably word association)

but yes you are right there is no clearly divisory line between them both... and half time im not sure what goes where...

Hell, let's make more nonsensical subgenres. I personally like epic psy and cyber psy a lot. And what about Midnight psy, early morning psy, evening psy and brunchtime psy? Heck, my all-time favorite has to be breakfastpsy. It just describes that breakfasty feeling so well.

349016[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Errorhead is my favourite...

349057[/snapback]

'we're dealing with a phenomenon which violates our sense of reality'

Mine as well. This is the obvious answer to the poll. Of course I was an idiot and voted for Lex Rex Perplexer by accident...they were on the same 12" and I always get them confused.

This track might actually be in my all time top 10... :)

Cinos: if many people are making music that sounds excactly the same, it's easier to make a genre (ie darkpsy) instead of describe in each review: "this is a kind och trance with dark, monotonous bassline, many qwirks and stuff and usually no melodies, with more focus on effects. It makes you think about the colours brown, black and red. Sometimes darkish green too. Or i dunno what you think about when you listen to it but...." and so on.

But genrewhoring to me is when people think they're superior because they know genres and hate people who call lets say hallucinogen morning.. or whatever.

Cinos: if many people are making music that sounds excactly the same, it's easier to make a genre (ie darkpsy) instead of describe in each review: "this is a kind och trance with dark, monotonous bassline, many qwirks and stuff and usually no melodies, with more focus on effects. It makes you think about the colours brown, black and red. Sometimes darkish green too. Or i dunno what you think about when you listen to it but...." and so on.

But genrewhoring to me is when people think they're superior because they know genres and hate people who call lets say hallucinogen morning.. or whatever.

349102[/snapback]

There are just too many subcategories, with too little differences in between to warrant a separate genre. For example Night psy and Dark psy are exactly the same. Generic psy is very damn close too, it's only minor differences.

So are you. Your genre-whoring is very impressive.

349016[/snapback]

Genre whoring? So making any kind of discerption between for example human blue and derango is genre whoring? Because this is what you wrote:

The whole genre is a joke. There isn't any specific kind of psy which sounds more "night". It all fits at any time of the day.

If you can't tell that there are different moods in psy-trance and connect them to moods derived from darkness and sunlight respectively, you're musically retarded. I don't think that is the case however, since I think you're just pulling your ordinary trolling routine. But thats just a different kind of retarded, so my point still stands.

And fucking of course there's borderline stuff and of course you can play kindzadza whenever the hell you want, but to state that there is no stylistic fraction within psy-trance that is emotionally more geared towards nighttime moods just shows that you have absolutely zero grasp of the genre... or music in general, for that matter.

And yes, sub-sub-subgenres are just ridiculous, blah blah blah. Thats not what I'm on about.

Genre whoring? So making any kind of discerption between for example human blue and derango is genre whoring? Because this is what you wrote:

If you can't tell that there are different moods in psy-trance and connect them to moods derived from darkness and sunlight respectively, you're musically retarded. I don't think that is the case however, since I think you're just pulling your ordinary trolling routine. But thats just a different kind of retarded, so my point still stands.

And fucking of course there's borderline stuff and of course you can play kindzadza whenever the hell you want, but to state that there is no stylistic fraction within psy-trance that is emotionally more geared towards nighttime moods just shows that you have absolutely zero grasp of the genre... or music in general, for that matter.

And yes, sub-sub-subgenres are just ridiculous, blah blah blah. Thats not what I'm on about.

349118[/snapback]

Look. Morning trance is just a name. If it didn't have that name, you'd think it sounded like night. The night isn't necessarily groovy and unmelodic, it can be melodic and calm as well. The problem is that "night psy" could be ANYTHING.