New goa track - Onyx

Aeros

ive been trying to make music like this for a while and fail miserably

I've been trying and failing miserably for an even longer time than you I'm sure ;)

I use Fruity Loops, this song uses two tweaked (well..everything is tweaked) pads from FM7 and the nice plucky highlights are this synth I love and use in every song I made from Sytrus and another one used in here from Albino (its the last synth that plays before the song ends if you want to recognize it). The 303 and bassline and most everything else is TS404

Alot of people think Fruity is an inadequate program, and to be honest I don't disagree, it takes alot of care to push and maximize sound quality (but then I'm sure the same applies for other software too) - however the comfort and ease of use is what wins me over so I can spend more time on melodies and composition...or maybe I'm just impacient to learn Reason and Cubase when I'm happy enough with the meager songs I can put together with FL. I guess when I feel I can learn and improve no more with FL, i'll switch over to Cubase (I really don't like Reason's lack of support for VSTi)

In reality though I think all three progams, FL, Reason and Cubase can give you good results if you just know how to use them, I'd really like to get into Cubase later on and once you learn one of these programs, learning the others shouldn't be much work since you already recognize the theory and practice behind it.

And apologies psynewsers, heres an MP3 :) I typically try to get people to listen off acid planet since that raises my # of listens and raises me on the charts - therefor giving me more exposure and potentially more input ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/5576209/Synogen_-_Onyx.mp3.html

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback :)

For the past couple of days I've been working on this...

http://rapidshare.de/files/6212641/Synogen...oaster.mp3.html

145 BPM - The first half of it is psytrance, the ending half is all goa....see if you can figure out why I called it Goa Coaster :) The song is very dynamic jumping from style to style to style.

I'm extremely happy with how well the song turned out - this my friends is what happens when you decide to stop using the native synths in Fruity Loops and use real ones! :P Muon Tau for the bassline, Albino for most other synths, Vanguard for trancey highlights, and Sytrus layered with some TS404 for some goa stuff towards the end.

Please check it out and let me know what you think, I'm looking forward to hearing from manuser and shaft who've been quasi-following my progress here and patient enough to drop a few comments letting me know so :)

This isn't the final version by the way, the delay lamma vocals are too low I think and theres still some polish and mastering that needs to be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

"Goa Coaster" is very good goa sound, good production (with must be a master in FL :) ) and very good spiritual story.

Keep it up man! great work

Gonna check your other tracks

Boom

Serguei :: Swan X-1

wanna check our tracks?