The return of Sandman...

Trolsk

A lot of us have been waiting for Sandman to return and deliver new psychedelic music. His two albums, Witchcraft and Psycho Toons, both had an individually unique sound.

Psycho Toons was released in 2000 and since then there hasn't been any Sandman tunes. In 2004 there started to appear a couple of collaborations featuring Sandman.

Now, finally, there's a new Sandman tune on the latest TIP World compilation, Imagi:nations Part 1 Night. The unique Sandman sound is however gone, now it's full on all the way. Not badly executed and above average compared to full on in general, but still a confirmation to the established sound of the israeli psy scene.

Sandman must be an unknown name to most kids these days, and those of us who do recognize his name will be disappointed. I'm all for change, but this change is such a huge departure from his former sound that it would have been a wiser move to start another project from scratch and let the Sandman project fade away with its dignity intact.

That´s a pitty to know that a great artist like Sandman was converted to the israeli pop-full-on...always the same formula.

I haven't listened to his songs yet but however they sound, his dignity is lost now with this convertion to the evil full-on side =(

No, seriously, full-on isn't evil but when every new artist makes full-on, every artist gradually forgetting their origins and all comebacks by old artists are in full-on style, it feels kinda pointless to follow this scene.

Last tune i heard from him was a collaboration along with Xerox and Illumination on the last chapter of the Full On series by Hommega which was preety good actually.

I havent heard his latest tune on TIP but i cannot imagine him making typical israei full on,this is not his style at all both as a person and musician.

P.S I miss so much his Green House Effect project :(

I'm all for change, but this change is such a huge departure from his former sound that it would have been a wiser move to start another project from scratch and let the Sandman project fade away with its dignity intact.

284599[/snapback]

yes i agree,

why don't those artists change their project names in "full on artist 1" "full on artist 2..."full on artist 57696" ...instead of making us believe they will release something different and original and then disappointing us?

damn when i opened this topic i was hoping for some good news.. but now you are leaving me with bad news... :(

now playing: Sandman - Bad News (New way)

Why Izik, whyyyyyyyyy!?

if it is Izik Levy , damn i just checked out the sample @ psyshop and it is pure crap / mediocre happy shit full-on (i hate it!) ... it doesn't sound like him at all... i hope its not him... and i hope he reads this.

Last tune i heard from him was a collaboration along with Xerox and Illumination on the last chapter of the Full On series by Hommega which was preety good actually.

It's not as good as that tune.

I havent heard his latest tune on TIP but i cannot imagine him making typical israei full on,this is not his style at all both as a person and musician.

For 1 minute and 6 seconds it's the return of Sandman, but then, there's the bassline we all love to hate followed by the usual full on break trickery. As I wrote above, not badly executed and above average, but full on none the less.

Seeing as this is the first actual Sandman release in five years I can't help but feel disappointed.

P.S I miss so much his Green House Effect project :(

284697[/snapback]

One of my alltime favorite albums.

Witchcraft must have been the album I listened to the most in 1998. My favourite Matsuri release!

I suppose Izik has decided to go with the flow...if this is what people want to hear, then he will provide it.

Pedro

Green House Effect - End Of The World Remix is a classic. With the most recognisable Bill Hicks sample in the break.

Today a young man on acid....

Classic.

284758[/snapback]

you'd better check out the original ... Sandman - End of the world :blink::blink::o scary shit..

Now, finally, there's a new Sandman tune on the latest TIP World compilation, Imagi:nations Part 1 Night. The unique Sandman sound is however gone, now it's full on all the way. Not badly executed and above average compared to full on in general, but still a confirmation to the established sound of the israeli psy scene.

284599[/snapback]

damn

and i ordered and am waiting for delivery of the whole imagi:nation night album just for that sandman track.

well there is x-dream as well in that compilation

and logic bomb and johann

I'm all for change, but this change is such a huge departure from his former sound that it would have been a wiser move to start another project from scratch and let the Sandman project fade away with its dignity intact.

284599[/snapback]

many many acts should do this. A few good examples must be Infected Mushroom, Dark Soho and .... well. These two especially. I think Simon as in Hallucinogen did the smartest thing. Make different projects so that he can "express different feelings", and most of all. Try to always make good, non new-Isratrance music (Full-On) ... He gets respect, honer and glory. AND he makes a shit load of cash! How perfect isnt that? ... I dont know how many people live in Isreal, or how their "Coca-Cola" Topp 20 list looks like. But Vibe Tribe, Skazi and Co makes alot of money ... Their next target, England. After England, New-Isratrance (Full-On) will be all over the world clubs. :ph34r:

But my point was that, it's "ok" to have a wish about making money to secure a future. It's pure human instinct. But as you said. "I'm all for change, but this change is such a huge departure from his former sound that it would have been a wiser move to start another project from scratch and let the Sandman project fade away with its dignity intact." ...

many many acts should do this. A few good examples must be Infected Mushroom, Dark Soho and .... well. These two especially. I think Simon as in Hallucinogen did the smartest thing. Make different projects so that he can "express different feelings", and most of all. Try to always make good, non new-Isratrance music (Full-On) ... He gets respect, honer and glory. AND he makes a shit load of cash! How perfect isnt that? ... I dont know how many people live in Isreal, or how their "Coca-Cola" Topp 20 list looks like. But Vibe Tribe, Skazi and Co makes alot of money ... Their next target, England. After England, New-Isratrance (Full-On) will be all over the world clubs. :ph34r:

But my point was that, it's "ok" to have a wish about making money to secure a future. It's pure human instinct. But as you said. "I'm all for change, but this change is such a huge departure from his former sound that it would have been a wiser move to start another project from scratch and let the Sandman project fade away with its dignity intact." ...

285090[/snapback]

I mean ... Even Yoni Salach (Psydrop) changed name to "Hypersonic" when he desided to make crappy psy-dance.

What a shame !

I sensed some change in few of his last singles, the ones he did with Xerox and I could only hear some of his old sounds but if he also switched to full on, then I am really forgetting alltogether Isreali trance scene, scene that I respected so much before... :huh:

His brilliant first album was followed by an average one Psycho Toons.

One of my favourite of his songs is G-Force, now, that is scary stuff Nightmare Trancer, even more then End Of The World which is plain brilliant too...;)

One of my favourite of his songs is G-Force, now, that is scary stuff Nightmare Trancer, even more then End Of The World which is plain brilliant too...;)

286346[/snapback]

I cannot find that tune, what i did see is this:

Posted Image

damn, <_<:o

Guest .::E.P

Face it. Most israeli artists have been infected. It's funny because Israel have very nice ambient/chill artists but when it come to trance most suck. Sad though.

Face it. Most israeli artists have been infected.  It's funny because Israel have very nice ambient/chill artists but when it come to trance most suck.  Sad though.

289635[/snapback]

I say its time for you to get back here and slap some sence with your....

ahh it wont help <_<

people here are after money in the easiest way... even though their product quite sucks

ppl dont worry the man is back with new shit in his lap top

the sound will get darker and darker

the studio CD will be dark couse i love it DARK

as for the tune in TIP's killer compilation

ther's more sandman sounds then you admit !

( the killer JUNO 60 bass line with the small pac man arppeg sounds )

ther's new darker tracks : "holy flip" & "bounty hunter"

i will help you hear it ( and save you time and monny ) and uplaod it to Emule

anyway you fuckers dont buy a single CD :)

looking farward to hear you thouhgt after the uplaod

any recomended bit rate to upload

:P

ppl dont worry the man is back with new shit in his  lap top

the studio CD will be dark couse i love it  DARK

as for the tune in TIP's  killer compilation

ther's more sandman sounds then you admit !

( the killer JUNO 60 bass line with the small pac man arppeg sounds )

ther's  new darker tracks :  "holy flip"  &  "bounty hunter"

i will  help you  hear it ( and save you time and monny ) and uplaod it to Emule

anyway you fuckers dont buy a single  CD  :) 

looking farward to hear you thouhgt  after the uplaod

any recomended  bit rate to upload

:P

293313[/snapback]

Hello, is this Izik? Great to hear that at least the album is going to be dark! :) *gets his hope of oldschool artists back up again*

Edit: We don't buy 13 in one dozen full-on cheesy psytrance that has been done already a millions of times ;)

ppl dont worry the man is back with new shit in his  lap top

the studio CD will be dark couse i love it  DARK

That is great news!

What we don't like is the full on bassline that everyone is using these days.

ther's  new darker tracks :  "holy flip"  &  "bounty hunter"

i will  help you  hear it ( and save you time and monny ) and uplaod it to Emule

looking farward to hear you thouhgt  after the uplaod

any recomended  bit rate to upload

293313[/snapback]

192 kbit would be nice. We do buy music, but there's just too much of it that do sound the same.

Btw, are there any plans for a new Green House Effect album?

293313[/snapback]

If it's the genuine goodness of Sandman, I'll be first to purchase it. Keep the original style, bust out the dark tunes, and you will have an incredible amount of new fans. Just don't follow the standard path at all - dare to be different as you always have been :)

Eagerly awaiting it!

Peace.

If it's the genuine goodness of Sandman, I'll be first to purchase it. Keep the original style, bust out the dark tunes, and you will have an incredible amount of new fans. Just don't follow the standard path at all - dare to be different as you always have been :)

Eagerly awaiting it!

Peace.

293443[/snapback]

Amen!

In order to be successful, you need to do your own thing and do it well. Sounding like everyone else is not a recipe for success. Sandman has always been something unique and special - it might not appeal to everyone, but if you're making psy-trance you are in a niche genre anyway, so why not make the most of it? I find it difficult to see how anyone could be disappointed with a Sandman album that is dark, weird and eclectic - The darker and weirder, the better! It will just show how flat and dull the current full-on is, and someone really needs to show that...

Psy-trance shouldn't be everyday music, it's special music. And Sandman has always been among the most special, so I think the Sandman fans are very open for strange and mindfucking music.

As the scene is today I believe that artists (and especially the old ones) have to choices.

1)Make crappy,similar,copy-paste music (not just Full On) and get a load of money and new fans

2)Make original,intelligent music,music THEY like but sell less and get less-less money

Most of the artists choose no.1

Let's hope Izik will choose the second one.