Any good alternative to Juno Reactor?

juice99

juno reactor is like 'blue rotten cheese'  .. at small doses maybe but nah

245832[/snapback]

Will you SHUT UP already? We KNOW what you think, you've said it every 5 minutes in this topic. :angry:

That's the question i ever searched a response for since i discovered Juno with Transmission.

Juno Reactor sound is unique. You can find alternatives for CPU, Silicon Sound or even Sphongle but not for Juno.

Anyway, it's still possible to point the finger to some projects which remind sometimes Juno stuffs.

So i'd say :

1 - Holeg & Spies (Notinism & Reality Drift) is the project i find closest to Juno sound, Tribal, indus & eclectic. One of the best trance act from France.

2 - Some Koneveljet tracks too, particularly trance oriented stuffs, like Boadans, Natas, Ner Vegas, Romulus (Brothers in machine), Glorya & Arro in the last "Hoax" album.

3 - Also Menis stuff can be brought closer to Juno (Beyond the Infinite in that case) but i have no news from Nick Smith since his Semsis album on Atomic Rec.

4 - Cydonia "In fear of a red planet"

5 - Element Over Nature "Brain filter", project by Kris Kilven (Faithhealers) which has always claimed Ben Watkins as a mentor.

6 - Some more indus projects like Male or Female (Front 242 side project) or Kloq & Control F (Oz morsley from Empirion)

By the way i recommend this compilation from Atomic Reactor : "Magnox" at sale price in Chaos Unlimited.

Finally, i remember the Valleyman "Virtual environment" on the Pondou Fever mix by Dara Lee (Koyote), i could'nt have never put a name on that track, but wow!

hey greg those are some strong recommendations....

holeg and the spies.... yes i can definately agree its close to remind this ultra smart and emotional juno sound..

gotta find my copy its somewhere in the house but where ? ? ? :blink:

n/p: juno reactor/odyssey/god is god

man wtf... why does people always want to back-off from the mainstream and keep it underground? you love an artist but when he reaches sucess and climbs for the mainstream people start to throw rocks on him. why man? because he's having sucess and earning money? what do you want then, him to spend his whole life earning misery and loving his music? give a serious break for christ sake...

so what if Juno's a big sucess, so what if their song is on Mortal Kombat crappy movie, and if one of the best animatrix chapters starts with a great song from the Bible of Dreams? they deserve it, their music is unique, fine productions, magical as above said... stop complaining and start respecting please...

and about this cheesy stuff... damn it, if a melody, a sample attaches to your brain, sometimes is because the song is so good, the artist went deep into your feelings that you can't remove it from your brain easily as that, then you call it cheesy... oh fuck... unfortunatelly lots of crappy songs get attached to brain all time and then you keep remembering and want to hit your head on the wall to see if then it vanishes huahaua...

will check your recommendations greg then I'll feedback... cheers, said more than enuff

bariz0n is right.but what the hell stop bothering.u can;t convince idiots of their own narrowness.

i remembered to recommend something to juice99 a good,mature,incredibile album-PHAEDRA from TANGERINE DREAM.those who know it can agree with me.it's from 79.gotta try it

i get goosebumps everytime i listen to it.

thanks for the support man, and about these narrow close mind bastards that say bad things about Juno, be sure I don't want to open their minds... what if a lot of shit comes out?

:P

You're not forced to like it, but yes you should respect who does.

man wtf... why does people always want to back-off from the mainstream and keep it underground? you love an artist but when he reaches sucess and climbs for the mainstream people start to throw rocks on him. why man? because he's having sucess and earning money? what do you want then, him to spend his whole life earning misery and loving his music? give a serious break for christ sake...

so what if Juno's a big sucess, so what if their song is on Mortal Kombat crappy movie, and if one of the best animatrix chapters starts with a great song from the Bible of Dreams? they deserve it, their music is unique, fine productions, magical as above said... stop complaining and start respecting please...

and about this cheesy stuff... damn it, if a melody, a sample attaches to your brain, sometimes is because the song is so good, the artist went deep into your feelings that you can't remove it from your brain easily as that, then you call it cheesy... oh fuck... unfortunatelly lots of crappy songs get attached to brain all time and then you keep remembering and want to hit your head on the wall to see if then it vanishes huahaua...

will check your recommendations greg then I'll feedback... cheers, said more than enuff

246020[/snapback]

Amen to that brother!

All my brains agree :D

I like Shango best. It's not cheesy at all, except the worst tracks like Master of the Universe and Pistolero and like. Best tracks like Hulelam and Insects are just wicked.

But why to search alternative if you like Juno anyway. Or is it missing something in your point of view? If someone would copycat Juno-sound, it would be so unoriginal that I think at least I would not listen to it, and Juno has so versatile tracks that it's impossible to name someone that would sound like Juno. They're unique.

You could try some Japanese or Aussie bands, like Rovo (I've only heard Flage), Soft or AOA, or some Shaolin Wooden Men, they're pretty unique but doesn't sound like Juno. But they do combine electronic and acoustic sound. And be sure to listen to Texas Faggott! :D

btw. I like blue rotten cheese. It's not good to put it in your ass though, you can't taste it there.

and you will be crapping it out your mouth... as eric cartman has proved...

-------

But why to search alternative if you like Juno anyway. Or is it missing something in your point of view? If someone would copycat Juno-sound, it would be so unoriginal that I think at least I would not listen to it, and Juno has so versatile tracks that it's impossible to name someone that would sound like Juno. They're unique.

246046[/snapback]

i think juice wants to find more good music, in which case you gave helpful references!

btw,

i just put a shaolin w m - supermindway sticker on my laptop the other day ; )

For me cheezy means that the artist tried too hard to convey an emotion through the artwork. Being hit over the head with something does not work for me. And imo, Labyrinth is rampant with such obvious grandiose-instilling almost patriotic feelings even if well-executed at times. It sounds too much like music that is meant to raise your self-confidence.

I like Shango best. It's not cheesy at all, except the worst tracks like Master of the Universe and Pistolero and like. Best tracks like Hulelam and Insects are just wicked.

246046[/snapback]

Ahh! WORST tracks? :blink:

• 5 years later...

try this guys :) :)

http://www.discogs.com/OTX-A-World-In-Red/release/1046222

dont take too serious the description just listen the samples

of course there is many groups even with better sound than juno

here is news from otx's page

''The soundtrack of your secret mind ...(new albumm)

OTX is planning an unlikely fusion between a cinema atmosphere, EBM (Electro Body Music), Psychedelic Trance and industrial rythmics balanced with Electronica.''

:lol: wasn't there a balkan nation group of people who preformed a awefullly (pund intended) suspiciously similer track to a Juno Reactor track on Eurovision a few years back :P

anyway:

Juno Reactor - Lu.ci-ana :wub:

KOXBOX - The Great unknown, the ebst choise, his last album from 2006 is to avoid at all cost

Every artist from Timecode may still sound as juno, the 3rd album from Artifakt (though i don't have it right now to make myself clear)

Also try Principle of Flight, Trentmoller, and some Various Artists disc may just sound right (like VA-Open, but with some IDM and industrial things)