Heresy

Zebedee Gherkin

After the post about Hallucinogen I thought I'd put up one of psy's other sacred cows for discussion -Astral Projection

I used to have all of their albums but found I could never listen to any one of them all the way through. I used to turn off the CD player after the third tracks. I like AP's stuff in small doses such as within the context of a various artists compilation but IMO their material is pretty samey and too straightforward for my liking. For me they never did anything better than 'Mahadeva'.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the post about Hallucinogen I  thought I'd put up one of psy's other sacred cows for discussion -Astral Projection

I used to have all of their albums but found I could never listen to any one of them all the way through. I used to turn off the CD player after the third tracks. I like AP's stuff in small doses such as within the context of a various artists compilation but  IMO their material is pretty samey and too straightforward for my liking. For me they never did anything better than 'Mahadeva'.

222260[/snapback]

What about Liquid sun? Power Gen? Searching for UFO's? Aurora Borealis? People can Fly? There are lots and lots of examples.

I have all their albums, and I like them all.

that's one of the rarest old school bands i still can listen to and still am amazed by their music.

kabalah (my favourite)

mahadeva (of course, i 'll never get bored of it)

people can fly

liquid sun

Power gen (live) (live is ten times better than the original, just me)

no one ever dreams

dancing galaxy

so many tracks...they were from another planet...

cmon man , you´d better seal off your lips after saying that , i respect your taste , but at least respect the great goa pioneers , that in fact one of them were AP.

AP suxx large now , but their works were marvelous in the time , so like Seraph said , you´d better shut up. ;)

it's true that they have their typical formula of creating morning trance... It seems you don't like it... So :rolleyes:

The fact that you stopped listening at the third song tells me you don't have a clue what's old skool about... It has to grow on you... You know the first time I listened to pleideians I didn't like it all... After 4 months I listened it again and damn right it's one of my fauvorite for almost 4 years now...

goatrance is for homelisteners with patience and the need for mystique and expectations...

Try fullon you'll get satisfied directly and it's like totally not boring... :rolleyes::P;)

After the post about Hallucinogen I  thought I'd put up one of psy's other sacred cows for discussion -Astral Projection

I used to have all of their albums but found I could never listen to any one of them all the way through. I used to turn off the CD player after the third tracks. I like AP's stuff in small doses such as within the context of a various artists compilation but  IMO their material is pretty samey and too straightforward for my liking. For me they never did anything better than 'Mahadeva'.

222260[/snapback]

Screw the anti-criticism dorks here, I'm with you man. I grew tired of astral in 1996. Their music lacks the depth that I still find in many other productions from that era. Sure they're not technically bad and the songwriting skills are there, but it just doesn't work for me. Almost every single song they've ever made has some element that annoys me.

They may be the inspiration for many and old-timers and blah blah blah, I still don't fancy their music much. Again, it's not necessarily bad, but "ok" music isn't anything to get excited about.

I may be wrong, but aren't most astral fans people who got into the scene in 97 or later?

now flame on, kids!

The fact that you stopped listening at the third song tells me you don't have a clue what's old skool about... It has to grow on you... You know the first time I listened to pleideians I didn't like it all... After 4 months I listened it again and damn right it's one of my fauvorite for almost 4 years now...

goatrance is for homelisteners with patience and the need for mystique and expectations...

Try fullon you'll get satisfied directly and it's like totally not boring...  :rolleyes:  :P  ;)

222497[/snapback]

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

222501[/snapback]

& what does bollocks mean ?? :unsure:

cause If it's ment in negative way I was just' joking check out 'the 3 smiley's'... I don't bash of fullon, and I'm against bashing old skool... Everybody has got his taste and understand If you don't like something,

Understand it 50% that you need to open a topic about it... :rolleyes:

but you can expect pro but also contra replies with such a topic !!! :P

Newsflash.

Astral projection were total shit back in the day, and even moreso today.

Why should you revere something that you find utterly boring and formulaic, because it has been around for a long time??? I didn`t like them in 1996 and I still don`t like them.

And, those "seal your lips" -kind of comments are very lame, this is music, which afterall is a matter of taste. Your melodic goa or whatever has no more inherent value than e.g a britney spears` song.

Especially coming from a spanish guy who calls himself "Amithaba Buddha" , that`s food for thought, really.

wow.

Newsflash.

Astral projection were total shit back in the day, and even moreso today.

Why should you revere something that you find utterly boring and formulaic, because it has been around for a long time??? I didn`t  like them in 1996 and I still don`t like them.

And, those "seal your lips" -kind of comments are very lame, this is music, which afterall is a matter of taste. Your melodic goa or whatever has no more inherent value than e.g a britney spears` song.

Especially coming from a spanish guy who calls himself "Amithaba Buddha" , that`s food for thought, really.

wow.

222510[/snapback]

yay :lol:

it's true that they have their typical formula of creating morning trance... It seems you don't like it... So  :rolleyes:

Try fullon you'll get satisfied directly and it's like totally not boring...  :rolleyes:  :P  ;)

222497[/snapback]

and im with you B) the same happened to me.

there is no point of bashing people that doenst like the stuff we like but i recommend you to go listen some full on if you dont like goa. and Late , fullon is indeed your spirit. sorry you´re not my cup of tea.

wow.

222510[/snapback]

I see no reason to get personal here dude <_< ... no smilley's so you're not being ironic... chill out :ph34r:

what is wrong with u people....

i mean seraph, amithbaba and the others ...

like the first guy said it is a matter of taste...

look, i have to admit that astral has talents, i like some of their songs a lot (like liquid sun for ex.) but i just can't listen to most songs cause they ruin them with those cheezy goa melodies.. many times i like the first 2 or 3 mins and then bam here comes the cheeze...

so let people be.. people have different taste.. one doesn't have to like astral projection..

and no it doesn't grow on u rain and amith baba.. maybe it grew on u guys, but it doesn't grow an anybody.. it never grew on me and same for many of my friends...

and last but not least ...

"there is no point of bashing people that doenst like the stuff we like but i recommend you to go listen some full on if you dont like goa. and Late , fullon is indeed your spirit. sorry you´re not my cup of tea."

well amithbaba, u have been bashing people who like full-on for weeks now, u can barely make one post without saying that fullon sucks, so maybe u should look at urself before u say stuff like that... just because someone deosn't like goa and astral projection they are fake or something... man that attitude is really getting to me lately...

& what does bollocks mean ??  :unsure:

cause If it's ment in negative way I was just' joking check out 'the 3 smiley's'... I don't bash of fullon, and I'm against bashing old skool... Everybody has got his taste and understand If you don't like something,

Understand it 50% that you need to open a topic about it...  :rolleyes:

but you can expect pro but also contra replies with such a topic !!!  :P

222504[/snapback]

Well you said "you don't have a clue what's old skool about" which is just bullshit. There's no way you can come to that conclusion from the fact that he doesn't enjoy Astral Projection enough to listen to a whole album of theirs. And there were no smileys anywhere near that statement. Thus I call bullshit on your post.

And you guys telling people to chill when you get all fired up by the fact that someone doesn't worship astral projection... oh please.

well amithbaba, u have been bashing people who like full-on for weeks now, u can barely make one post without saying that fullon sucks, so maybe u should look at urself before u say stuff like that... just because someone deosn't like goa and astral projection they are fake or something... man that attitude is really getting to me lately...

222527[/snapback]

That needed to be said, thank you.

222260[/snapback]

I respect your point of view Zebedee Gherkin as I was the one who started that topic about Hallucinogen. I can say I like AP very much and they're in my top 6-7 of psytrance groups. The reason is that I find most of their songs to have a nice feeling to them. They have nice melodies that float through the tracks which usually peak to the end of the songs, releasing the full energy of the track.

I never find that in Hallucinogen. I find Hallucinogen to just be very detailed with some fast psychedelic swifitng but it just goes on and on in my opinion, such as in Snakey Shaker. That's the reason why I like AP but don't fancy Hallucinogen so much.

Well you said "you don't have a clue what's old skool about" which is just bullshit. There's no way you can come to that conclusion from the fact that he doesn't enjoy Astral Projection enough to listen to a whole album of theirs. And there were no smileys anywhere near that statement. Thus I call bullshit on your post.

222528[/snapback]

after reading my topic again , true... I misplaced the statement understand what you mean... It's sometimes hard to reproduce the intention by writing post replys...

And you guys telling people to chill when you get all fired up by the fact that someone doesn't worship astral projection... oh please.

222528[/snapback]

I don't worship AP at all but I like some tracks a lot but like I said before... If you open a topic like this you can expect pro's & contra's... so :rolleyes:

what if I say I never heard anything from them............. ?

:P

but still u need to chill man...

we know how u feel... yes u r frustrated b/c u don't like full-on... then i would say don't listen to it... put ur negative energy into making goa music that u like, and please stop polluting this forum with ur anti-fullon comments...

be respectful to others, otherwise maybe u need to create ur own forum called "i love goa" or smthg and stay with goa lovers (who btw don't seem to be more open-minded that people who r very much into full-on...)

I absolutely love Astral Projection, I have 600+ other old school cds lying around but if I had to make a top 100 of tracks of all those cds, Astral will have at least 10 tracks in it!

The first two album are just pure goa trance, Another World and Dancing Galaxy a littlebit less phrenetic and crazy, but such great trancy melodies... this topic made put on Another world again... Listen to Aqua Line Spirit! That intro is just perfect :)

I just did hear 2 tracks which were well commented here (mahadeva and people can fly) and didnt like it at all.....

not one little bit...

its not my taste

edit: and no I dont like full on either