Heresy

Zebedee Gherkin

Why? because I think a lot of people are like sheep and  accept things without questioning them. I like to question everything.

223181[/snapback]

How clever of you perceiving this site and members like that. You must be so happy cause you saw our reactions. And what did you achieve with them ? If you are guy that likes to question everything, why don't you question your point of making lousy points ? Pretentious and dirty answer that was...Do you really think that everyone that like some group is liking it beacuse they are sheep ? You are out of your pretentious mind ! People choose whom to like, it is their taste, no one decided one day to like Astral or Hallucinogen, they just did. You have sheeps in mainstream and pop music, not here. That is why I couldn't agree with your silly post at first place. Peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP suxx large now , but their works were marvelous in the time , so like Seraph said , you´d better shut up

Well, this is ridiculous - Astral Projection are in my opinion the most noticeable EVER trance and goa artists. As for me, their works are still marvelous, even though I`ve already heard some amount of other psychedelic/goa trance artists.

pedro : And I am the first one to jump forward and state how 'Amen' was awful.

And here I have exactly the same opinion... Maybe they are getting more commercial, I don`t know...

Cheesy melodies ? I prefer cheesy melodies than some completely inoriginal melodies... For me, the genuinity of the melody plays a great role.

Spindrift : They sure kick ass compared to hallucinogen

Yes, that`s quite right, but should we compare them? In my opinion Hallucinogen is maybe typical psychedelic, and AP are goa trance ?

My Favorites are ::

H2H3

We`re controlling transmission

Allah Acbar

Still On Mars

Mahadeva

Maian Dream

Jerusalem

Utopia

Indeed. Likewise I wouldn't start a post about every band I didn't like either. However, I like to get FRIENDLY debates going about anything that's generally regarded as great, classic, the best of its kind, most popular whatever e.g. Harry Potter books, the Beatles, Lord of the Rings films, Princess Diana. Why? because I think a lot of people are like sheep and accept things without questioning them. I like to question everything.

LOL, and if you would ask me about Harry Potter, I`d answer f***ing pure crap... but let`s do not go offtopic ;):lol::lol:

You have sheeps in mainstream and pop music

Well, that`s quite right !!!! This does not mean I don`t listen to such music, but sometimes when some mainstream song, which is annoyingly famous already, is being played somewhere, I think : "Wtf, this is not the real music, the music I`d listen at home..." So be sure guys, this type of music we discuss here, is the REAL music. :):)

Well, this is ridiculous - Astral Projection are in my opinion the most noticeable EVER trance and goa artists. As for me, their works are still marvelous, even though I`ve already heard some amount of other psychedelic/goa trance artists.

And here I have exactly the same opinion... Maybe they are getting more commercial, I don`t know...

Cheesy melodies ? I prefer cheesy melodies than some completely inoriginal melodies... For me, the genuinity of the melody plays a great role.

Yes, that`s quite right, but should we compare them? In my opinion Hallucinogen is maybe typical psychedelic, and AP are goa trance ?

My Favorites are ::

H2H3

We`re controlling transmission

Allah Acbar

Still On Mars

Mahadeva

Maian Dream

Jerusalem

Utopia

LOL, and if you would ask me about Harry Potter, I`d answer f***ing pure crap... but let`s do not go offtopic  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

Well, that`s quite right !!!! This does not mean I don`t listen to such music, but sometimes when some mainstream song, which is annoyingly famous already,  is being played somewhere, I think : "Wtf, this is not the real music, the music I`d listen at home..." So be sure guys, this type of music we discuss here, is the REAL music.  :)  :)

228900[/snapback]

Jerusalem????

i never heard about an astral track called jerusalem....

where have you heard it?

Astral Projection: Nice to hear once in a while.

Gets pretty boring after a couple tracks though. Maybe they need a greatest hits album?

Yeah yeah yeah they WERE good back in the day. But the day has come and gone, and they're.... still making new albums.

I still think their new releases are somewhat alright, they aren't BAD, it's not quite as bad as Duran Duran or Def Leppard making new albums (and these bands are still at it!). But revolutionary psy/goa/whatever? Not anymore, and not since before the millenium.

I dunno I'll listen to their stuff again I suppose I'm due for a re-listen... But last time I listened to an album of theirs I turned it off after track 3 or 4...

Morning trance has its time and place. But not in my listening collection! (with some exceptions) Morning trance is best when you're dancing to it in the morning after dancing all night to the killer dark stuff!

Kind of like the trip within the trip... A good psy track has these buildups and letdowns, then it builds some more and lets down a little, then it climbs up to the climax, explodes, and then lets you down gently. Just like a good set should be. Just like good sex should be.

Well I still enjoy Astral Projection. Nilaya is still one of my favourite tunes of all time.

I think it reminds me of what I felt when I was first introduced to Psy and Goa. Happy times.

If I play AP exclusively for too long then I can get a bit bored but that applies with many artists for me.

Just my opinions :)

Zebedee Gherkin, shut up.

222470[/snapback]

well, just got around to reading this thread....

seraph, i noticed that earlier you got on someone's case for calling their girlfriend a "bitch" in a playful manner (but i understand how it could be perceived as being hateful). anyway, it seems hypocritical to the spirit that I associated with the defensiveness to someone using the term "bitch" to also be able to tell someone to "shut up" for merely voicing an opinion. unless there is some underlying dissention between you two that i don't know about, i think this attitude is somewhat rude and hateful.. at least i'm perceiving it that way :(

-ensign

So how would you define it then  :blink: I`d just like to know, because I don`t know ...

229407[/snapback]

Out of the ordinary, ass-kicking psytrance.

Jerusalem????

i never heard about an astral track called jerusalem....

where have you heard it?

228930[/snapback]

Well, fairly said, I am not very sure about it.. I have some compilation, in which the 5th track is Chi A.D - Eye am the I, the 8th is Astral Projection - Electronic, and I think the 4th track is Astral Projection - Jerusalem. But I`m not sure about it! This track is about 9 minutes, it`s pretty fast too. I`ve asked a friend, who`s told me it`s called Jerusalem... If this is wrong, could someone correct me :blink:

Well, fairly said, I am not very sure about it.. I have some compilation, in which the 5th track is Chi A.D - Eye am the I, the 8th is Astral Projection - Electronic, and I think the 4th track is Astral Projection - Jerusalem. But I`m not sure about it! This track is about 9 minutes, it`s pretty fast too. I`ve asked a friend, who`s told me it`s called Jerusalem... If this is wrong, could someone correct me  :blink:

230445[/snapback]

The only CD where Eye Am The I is track 5 is this:

Destination Goa 6

...but it only has 7 tracks so there is no track 9. Track 4 on there, by MFG, is indeed pretty fast though. Then there is a compilation with Eye Am The I where track 9 is by Astral Projection:

Destination Goa - Best Of

...but here Eye Am The I is track 1 and track 4 is Sheyba - "Ganesh" which doesn't sound even remotely like anything by Astral.

I may be wrong, but aren't most astral fans people who got into the scene in 97 or later?

now flame on, kids!

222498[/snapback]

nope, astral was one of my earlier encounters with psy/goa and that was about 2-3 years ago

nope, astral was one of my earlier encounters with psy/goa and that was about 2-3 years ago

233062[/snapback]

'

I said 97 or later so you do fall into that category...