Antichrist of Psy/Goa

Cinos

senpsy - you have heard X-Dream's RADIO, right?

Because you didn't list it there...  And if you haven't heard it...  Then well you are truly missing out.  It's like the Led Zeppelin IV of psytrance (IMO) ;)

211252[/snapback]

oh wowo!!

:o

Man, i didnt even know that x-dream released an album called "Radio" !

When was this released and on which label??

ive looked around and around and all i can find is those 3 releases!!

senpsy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

radio was released on blue-room,

and yeah u should really get it!!

killer stuff!! their best album for me, really psychedelic...

as far as irritant is concerned i didn't like it either...

i mean it is crative, and some tracks are pretty good, but it gets boring..

i even saw them live playing this stuff and i could hardly dance...

Personally I thought Irritant was good when I first heard it, but then after going into other albums new and old, it quickly lost its replay value after that initial rush of "new X-Dream!" They just went a little toooooooo minimal (boring)

And the new album, ugh, the voices annoy the hell outta me... I can only listen to the instrumental tracks, as the vox ruin the tracks for me... I just can't see (or hear) past them

Radio was perhaps the release that started shifting psytrance into its minimal phase (of which much was horrible and some was fucking cool), from which the scene is somewhat recovering... This is my understanding of the album's importance. (Kind of like how after Nirvana got big, everyone tried to sound like Nirvana)

"It's like a radio station, or several radio stations, inside my head!!!"

Yup this album is one of the best psy albums I have heard...

I can add Azax Syndrome, Chemical Mafia Crew, Void...in fact all of the non sense dark energetic trance where there is no real energy, just adrenalin pumped silly copy/paste music...

I really hope Simon Posford gives thought to returning to the psy scene, it needs him. Bad. I agree with most others here in that the shit out there today isn't psychedelic at all. The genre has become redefined from a sonic exploration into mysticism... certain sounds were found catchy by people, and artists stopped exploring, just going for a sound...

• 2 weeks later...

Worst 'psy' realease to my taste (that I have heard): Guiterminator - Dark Force. That track is :ph34r:

Some more popular stuff I don't like: 9.9 out of 10 new releases, maybe more. :lol: The previous year I only really enjoyed Talpa, The Misted Mupept and Filteria albums from psytrance. (though I haven't heard even half of the 2004 realeases <_< )

I really hope Simon Posford gives thought to returning to the psy scene, it needs him. Bad. I agree with most others here in that the shit out there today isn't psychedelic at all. The genre has become redefined from a sonic exploration into mysticism... certain sounds were found catchy by people, and artists stopped exploring, just going for a sound...

212024[/snapback]

Have you given "Blowfish" and "Prometheus" a changse? Blowfish seemed boring at first, but after a couple of spins in my discman with good headphones, I got addicted. This cd is filled up with great psychedelic particles. Escpecialy the track "Mekong Delta" I had to smile when I heard it.. It has a sample from He-Man.. When his "airscooter" thingy flies or a gun sound.. Cant really recall at the moment. But it is a sound from He-Man. :) Simon is good (among the best there is), but there are so many others that are equaly good and that deserves some attantion. Very curious about Hallucinogens new sound. He is making a new album now I think.

There is a new interview at hallucinogens webpage now.

Back to topic:

Antichrist of Psy/Goa.... hmmmmm... *thinking*

Duvdev and his sidekick Astrix (or the other way around)...?

I (hyssj) think Duvdev and Astrix brainwashed Erez to make Plastic Fantastic music ... . . . This is not a 100% serious theary. But who knows? :lol:

Someone mentioned Xenomorph...

well i think is one of the best and most respected psy-artists around.

Altough his music is very dark, he created his own style which imo has psy written all over.

Listen to Cassandras Nightmare Album or a few of his singles "gnomes" "bizarre temporary dissociation".

Someone mentioned Xenomorph...

well i think is one of the best and most respected psy-artists around.

Altough his music is very dark, he created his own style which imo has psy written all over.

Listen to Cassandras Nightmare Album or a few of his singles "gnomes" "bizarre temporary dissociation".

215451[/snapback]

Thats a standard,Mark Petrick is DA Mastah!