303-sound dissapered..

Filteria

Hello all :)

Yesterday i got myself a TB-303.. What an evil kick ass sound..

Then i started to think about something..Where did all the 303-sounds go?? If I use a 303 in one of my tracks, people will be like :o

It got like a fashion to disslike it..Is there anyone today in our secene using it?? Why did it dissapear?

I can't forget the old days with all this kickass tracks with lots of screaming 303 (not to mention Green nuns of the revolution, which i persnoally associate with the 303-sound. And i am pretty sure everone like/liked the Green nuns :))..Don't people miss that sound? :huh:

I have no clue why it disappeared, maybe because people got fed up with those screaming acidlines and were longing for something different. I personally really love a decent use of 303 sounds. However when the tracks are too overloaded with it, it can make you go up the walls, especially these high pitched acidlines.

Acid is another style of music... and before I discoverd goa they were my favourite going out parties... the acid sound is very strong but very limited to variate... and after a while you had it... I believe...

still that typical 303 forumala that also is used by goa artist is still present no ????

but more to be found in retro... true...

goa spirit 3 has got some typical tracks in that direction...

Hello all :)

Yesterday i got myself a TB-303.. What an evil kick ass sound..

Then i started to think about something..Where did all the 303-sounds go?? If I use a 303 in one of my tracks, people will be like  :o

It got like a fashion to disslike it..Is there anyone today in our secene using it?? Why did it dissapear?

I can't forget the old days with all this kickass tracks with lots of screaming 303 (not to mention Green nuns of the revolution, which i persnoally associate with the 303-sound. And i am pretty sure everone like/liked the Green nuns :))..Don't people miss that sound?  :huh:

199582[/snapback]

hi Filteria , im also a goa producer and im always using 303 on my works.. :)

take care.

I'm sure there's tons of people who'd like nothing better than getting back those old-school sounds. I know I would. If you like that too then go for it, a musician should do what he likes, not what's in fashion.

199584[/snapback]

Seems everyone here atleast likes that sound :)

Of course I do the music I like, I dont care about the fashion one bit (if you hear my tracks, you will probably notice that i take distance from the regular Full On sound)

I didn't buy the 303 just to have it there collecting dust, but to use if of course :)

I just wanted to see if people are feed up with that sound..seems not :)

Mindtwister: Man tackar :) (means thank you in swedish, for the non swedes)

BTW: Filteria album out in the end of November...Full info tommorow :)

Sorry to be the only negative one in the thread, but I've had a aversion to very obvious 303 sounds for a long time, since around 1990.

It's been overused, overused again, and again.

Completly destroys a track for me many times.

Otherwise I am really into old-school stuff.

And I can still listen to some orginal 303 stuff , just went thru some old frontline aseembly (goa precursor in end of 80's) yesterday, and was amazed how good their tracks still sound.

I miss them a lot too! Trance music began with 303, in very begining of nineties. I will never get fed up with that sound cause it puts you straight to trance no matter how it is used. I liked it in the original trance, psychedelic trance, goa trance, it is simply the sound that should be there, if you're making that sort of music I mean. We all miss good old days of Green Nuns, Cosmosis, Pleiadians and other great old school artists.

Am i the only one who think that TB303 is "a bit" overrated?

OK, it got it's unique sound... back in the days, like 15-20 years ago or something like that but nowdays it's all evolved which means there is new instruments to explore.

I also like the 303 sound a lot. It is a very strong effect and it would be nice to hear some new songs using the 303 machine. One of the tracks on the new IM album has also 303 effects (or something that sounds similar to my ears) and I really love that. If you use the effects with a bit of variety and not always using the same effect, it will sure be possible to creat new stuff. Anyway, tell me when there are any news on your albums, it sounds very promising!

"Replying to 303-sound dissapered.. why??"

well why do u think acid core sound like Chris Liberator is dead? There is not much to see ...(i agree with you Rain)... and i think it is the same for 303s in psytrance...

i know my answer is radical :D

Where did all the 303-sounds go??

well I'd say it's still there... Try out IM's last album or Cat on Mushroom 2004... if people like Erez and Duvdev are still pushing it then believe me, it won't go away...

BUT when someone says "a 303 line" he usually refers to an "acid line". It is possible to have MUCH more different sounds from a 303 than what is labelled "acid". Actually if you hear stuff made with a 303 in the late 80s and early 90s acid techno (like Armando - Land of Confusion ) and after-95 goa with 303s, those sounds are COMPLETELY different!

And yes, 303s have been WAY overdone... yes, that acid line sounds good but there are like a million and one unexplored sounds you can get from a synth (actually I think that even the possibilities of a TB-303 haven't been fully discovered). So why continue to use that saaaaame acid line people have been using for like 15 years?? (that doesn't mean that the crappy GMS-like soft-synth sounds should be the norm either...)