Jump to content

abasio

Global Mod
  • Posts

    18651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by abasio

  1. Western Rebel Alliance - Fly Can't wait for the new album, hope it's not a let down. Twisted hinted that it's quite commercial
  2. In the record shop a cool cover catches your eye (but I suppose so does a shit cover) I often buy music riskily ie not knowing the style or quality of the music. sometimes Im disappointed but often Im pleasantly surprised. I usually pick albums this way based on track names and number of tracks. If there are cool names and few tracks I'll usually buy it. I try not to buy anything I dont know with more than 10 tracks. For example an album with 25 tracks called things like baby love or killaaarrggh music isn't going to be right for me.
  3. I liked almost evrything on this album. the tracks are great except the 1st minute of "Look Honey It’s The Vitties!!!". When Im relaxing to downbeat stuff it just has all the noises I don't want to hear. All the rest of the tracks though are all great BUT they just don't flow together for me as an album. But hey it's RANDOM thoughts AY!
  4. Tip Records - Black Compilation! Now it's on manmademan and tristan - Purple Merlin
  5. abasio

    V/A - Kodama

    Kodama Nice reviews guys.
  6. The new androcell Album Great stuff!
  7. I second that, listening to it again right now. I liked the 1st album but this is MUCH better.
  8. Maybe they'll surprise us with a hip hop album.
  9. The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing (Album)
  10. Very nice CD which I still enjoy listening to 8 years on. The tracks are all good. Deep emotional and melodic but Spiritual Healing is one of the best tracks ever. A track that has true emotion in it. Fantastic.
  11. Tokyo Tekno Tribe are oldschool. Lots of synths and acid usually. The Japanese artists stayed true to old school for quite a while but have recently become more progressive sounding. Still one of my favourite areas for producing quality music though.
  12. Trust in Trance 3 Astral Files Dancing Galaxy Another World Are all fantastic albums which Im glad to own. Amen was okay but 10 was a big dissapointment. Anytime an artist releases a remix album or a "Best Of" you know they are not going to release anything good again. IMO
  13. I recently had a rush of blood to the head and bought KURO - Revolution for 50 pound and Tokyo Tekno Tribe 1 for 26 pound Adding the postage it came to over 80 pound for 2CDs. Okay I really wanted both but for me this is a little expensive. No food this month
  14. That Whole Albums Good I like China (Clouds not Mountains) and on CD2 Kinkajou (Duck! Asteroid) 36 Minutes long. Definately worth buying if you liked last train to lhasa.
  15. I buy to much music sometimes and some releases (like the loan deranger) I listen too once or twice, aren't impressed and they go on the pile. Months later I'll pick them out and give them another listen, quite often it's BAM!! Absoluely amazing this time. I think some stuff just needs time or more listens. Perserverence is good. I should probably pick out some of my CDs that have gone years in this state. Still haven't gotten into posfords younger brother - flock of beeps album but I'll probably put it on some day, love it and cane it for years.
  16. Healer - Wonderground Very nice relaxed album from flying rhino
  17. Shaolin Wooden Men - Shaolin Wooden Men (Album)
  18. 1st I heard was a Dragonfly CD in about 1993 called Project II Trance. I don't think I knew what an mp3 was back then, or an MD.
  19. Shaolin Wooden Men - Shaolin Wooden Men
  20. Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy (Album)
  21. Androcell - Efflorescence (Album)
  22. Well I got it in the post this morning and Im just giving it it's 2nd listen. Sounds good so far. Not amazing yet but it took months for me to truly appreciate the 1st album so hopefully this will get even better. I don't understand what some of you were saying above about the plastic beats. I don't hear any of that.
×
×
  • Create New...