20 YEARS

RTP

Yeah. Simon talked about it on the old goa mailing list-serv from the 90s/early-2000s.

goa@party.net and 604@party.net

He had an account (whiningtrancer@yahoo.com if memory serves)

He posted a list of corrections and songs and such

Gumbo had an entire album recorded but was abandoned. I could be mistaken about the song being attributed to Gumbo vs Hallucinogen, but I very much remember him mentioning that Shamanix is a remix of an earlier song that he is entirely embarrassed by and that it would never be released.

This is also where I read about that 15 or 20 minute remix of Slinky Wizard (that I finally got to hear at ZNA a few years back)

Continuing on the subject of remixes and Hallucinogen, here's how to COMPLETELY ruin the original track. If anything, this proves that you can't just take whichever track you want, strip out the original kick/bass and replace it with a modern polished fullon bass section and expect it to work. That, and sprinkling in random bits of the original and littering the remix with tired psytrance clichés.
The original track (referring to part 2) is such an organic entity that trying to pick it apart just ends in failure. I mean, I don't recall hearing one single decent *trance remix so far (Ott's dub version is of course nice). You're welcome to prove me wrong.

15 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Yeah. Simon talked about it on the old goa mailing list-serv from the 90s/early-2000s.

Gumbo had an entire album recorded but was abandoned. I could be mistaken about the song being attributed to Gumbo vs Hallucinogen, but I very much remember him mentioning that Shamanix is a remix of an earlier song that he is entirely embarrassed by and that it would never be released.

This is also where I read about that 15 or 20 minute remix of Slinky Wizard (that I finally got to hear at ZNA a few years back)

Ah, the good old days! I was a regular on that mailing list. I vaguely remember the conversation you're referring to, and I definitely remember Simon's presence. I thought I had saved all mails from that era, but it seems I can't find any mails from Simon. No results on whiningtrancer@yahoo.com, and as far as I can recall he used to sign his emails with "Si", but no luck.

It would be excellent if we could find that e-mail. This is important background information.

Seems like I only have e-mails from 2006 and onwards. Probably lost the rest when I switched to gmail. 😞

@ukiro, do you have a complete 604 mailing list archive?

18 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

2 hours ago, Trolsk said:

Ah, the good old days! I was a regular on that mailing list. I vaguely remember the conversation you're referring to, and I definitely remember Simon's presence. I thought I had saved all mails from that era, but it seems I can't find any mails from Simon. No results on whiningtrancer@yahoo.com, and as far as I can recall he used to sign his emails with "Si", but no luck.

It would be excellent if we could find that e-mail. This is important background information.

Seems like I only have e-mails from 2006 and onwards. Probably lost the rest when I switched to gmail. 😞

@ukiro, do you have a complete 604 mailing list archive?

Even if Shamanix was indeed a remix of an old track never released, there is no way the Domestic and Space cat remix should qualify as a remix of the 1993 track since they wouldn't know about it anyway.

1 hour ago, Prana4ever said:

Even if Shamanix was indeed a remix of an old track never released, there is no way the Domestic and Space cat remix should qualify as a remix of the 1993 track since they wouldn't know about it anyway.

Of course, Domestic & Space Cat remixed the remix, but the Shamanix track is still from 1995.

• 2 weeks later...