the goa constrictor

ZNA 2019?

Yeah, it's a bit of money but I don't travel much and don't take vacations often. I decided I really love good goa trance and we just don't get the shows I like out here in the USA. It's worth it to me to travel and hear the music that moves me from time to time.

Do this this year.

2020 is the eclipse down in South America.

2021 can be Boom or Ozora or something. Now that I have a real job, seems nice to actually get out to hear good music once a year. =)

The main floor line-up has finished posting!

A mix of artists I am super excited to see, some I've never heard of that I'm excited to see, a few I'm less engaged about but will gladly check out, and a few I can definitely miss while sleeping or eating or whatever... =)

One's I'm excited for: Color Box, Dino Psaras, Elysium, James Monro, Juno Reactor, Mark Allen, Menis/Semsis, MFG, Miko, Man with no Name, Quirk, Ray Castle, Shaolin Wooden Men, S_Range, Star Sounds Kontinuum, SUN Project, Total Eclipse, Tromesa, Tsuyoshi, Ubar Tmar, and Vibrasphere!

There are definitely others I'm happy about seeing (like Jaia and Atmos) but I'm not a super fan of and would be okay if I somehow missed their sets.

Got my flight tickets, so I'll be getting to Portugal a day or so early and renting an AirBnB for a night or two. Will allow me a chance to go buy some food locally so I can bring it to the event with me. Get to spend some time in France before the event and Scotland afterward. August is gonna be a blast! I'm taking the ZNA bus out to the site on the 18th to hopefully secure a good camping location. If anyone has tips on where to post up for shade and such, please let me know =)

Anyone know if there is a big concern for security? Should I be super paranoid about leaving stuff in my tent and such? 

staffan    35

ASTRAL PROJECTION, ATMOS, BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS VS KA-SOL, Color Box, DINO PSARAS, DOMINO, Elysium, GMS vs SYSTEMBUSTERS, HALLUCINOGEN, JAIA, JAMES MONRO, Juno Reactor, KoxBox, Mark Allen, MEDICINE DRUM, Menis & Semsis, M.F.G., MIKO, MAN WITH NO NAME, NOOSPHERE, Paulo Lopes, Protoculture, QUIRK, RAY CASTLE VS SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN, SHPONGLE, S_RANGE, STAR SOUND KONTINUUM, S.U.N. Project, SVEN LOOPING, Toï Doï, TOTAL ECLIPSE With Loic & Stephane, TRISTAN vs MANMADEMAN, Tromesa, Tsuyoshi Suzuki, UBAR TMAR, Vibrasphere, Xenomorph.

That is insane, so many amazing artists. =) Hallucinogen and Koxbox. My two favorites and Total Eclipse that I haven't seen live in almost 20 years. MWNN is back, the sound last time wasn't the best when he played but his choice of music was perfect. MFG, Tsuyoshi, Juno, Astral, Dino and... yeah, fantastic line up.

I'm really looking forward to see Quirk and Noosphere for the first time.

2 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Got my flight tickets, so I'll be getting to Portugal a day or so early and renting an AirBnB for a night or two. Will allow me a chance to go buy some food locally so I can bring it to the event with me. Get to spend some time in France before the event and Scotland afterward. August is gonna be a blast! I'm taking the ZNA bus out to the site on the 18th to hopefully secure a good camping location. If anyone has tips on where to post up for shade and such, please let me know =)

Anyone know if there is a big concern for security? Should I be super paranoid about leaving stuff in my tent and such? 

You are going on the 18th so I don't think you will have any problem with finding a good spot. I've been to ZNA two times before and always found shade for my tent. The festival isn't that big either, no long walking distances.

No need for paranoia. =) I keep passport, money, drivers license and stuff like that in my pockets just to be sure, but nothing has been stolen from my tent on ZNA land.

Trunksan    78

In terms of where to camp, I think the best place is at the left of the entrance. There's a small slope with very tall pine and maple trees. You have the showers, toilets and maing stage right in front of you and since the speakers face the opposite direction it's not loud at all. 

There's also a nice shaded area after the chil-out stage but it's a bit of a hassle to get to the main stage, you have to either go to the river bank or pass through the creek and the market stall. 

I'm realy knit picking here, the festival is small so it's all very close.