New Pink Floyd album!

sidetrakkt

Maybe this subforum should be named "Other Music"? I don't understand why only electronic music discussions are allowed.

This subforum came about shortly after the original off-topic was closed. Mars wanted an outlet for people to discuss stuff that was off-topic-but-not-very-off-topic.

Now that there's a new off-topic there's no reason why one can't just post about non-electronic music there, but I think Other Electronica is an appropriate place for a topic about Pink Floyd (think about how many times On the Run has been ripped off by electronic artists, for example).

from what i understand alot of these trax were composed back in division bell era.. with no roger waters and rick wright.. not expecting much

i think they should have called it a day a long time ago... just happy i had the chance to see them in their glory

Actually, from my understanding, much of it is based on Rick Wright compositions that were recorded around the time of Division Bell; in many ways it is a tribute to him, so his music is very involved even though he obviously is not involved in the final product... But yes, no Roger Waters... I read somewhere it is inspired by music made during the Division Bell era, but 60% is brand new, or something like that... I also heard that David Gilmour has said this will be the final Pink Floyd album and there will be no tour, so perhaps this is it for Pink Floyd... (still hoping for a chance to see them live, though, but I know I probably missed my chance...)

from what i understand alot of these trax were composed back in division bell era.. with no roger waters and rick wright.. not expecting much

i think they should have called it a day a long time ago... just happy i had the chance to see them in their glory

Did you get to see them with both David and Roger? Or even just David??

I have only seen rogers tours in the last ten years in aus, still i am grateful for that even!

Best I can hope for to see DG (and he is my favourite guitarist) is his possible upcoming solo tour next year I think.

On topic: I am thinking of actually saving this album, to listen to all at once at an opportune time, for the first time. Never thought my favourite band would release another album, now I almost don't want to listen to it until the time is totally and utterly perfect... if that makes sense. :)

yep, just ranomdly stumbled on it on Spotify yesterday, didn't even know these guys were still in business lol Hmm well, a nice stroll down memory lane and I'm sure that old Pink Floyd fans will love it but it just sounds too old for me, if you're gonna listen to music that sounds exactly like it did in the 70s why not just take out your old CDs and give them another listen?

Did you get to see them with both David and Roger? Or even just David??

I have only seen rogers tours in the last ten years in aus, still i am grateful for that even!

Best I can hope for to see DG (and he is my favourite guitarist) is his possible upcoming solo tour next year I think.

On topic: I am thinking of actually saving this album, to listen to all at once at an opportune time, for the first time. Never thought my favourite band would release another album, now I almost don't want to listen to it until the time is totally and utterly perfect... if that makes sense. :)

was this tour in 88... auckland nz

amazing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Momentary_Lapse_of_Reason_Tour