Deedrah / Transwave Mysterious Goa Track

GeorgeMoonstoneD

Here is a 4' sample, posted by Dreake of DAT Records 1,5 year ago...

It is titled Deedrah - Optic Eye, but according to the comment, Dado said that it isn't one of his tracks..

A couple of days ago, I accidentally found this track (titled as Deedrah - No Name) in an old CDr, copied from DAT. Since then, I have been listening to it

again and again and I cannot be convinced that it has nothing to do neither with Dado, nor with Transwave.. <_<

Needless to say that it is an AWESOME track from the golden era, which instantly brings to mind the unique Transwave sound of '96 - '97..

If anybody knows anything about it, it would be very nice to contribute towards the identification of this storming track, as it absolutely deserves it..!!

Resembles very much to Transwave & Co., but if the man himself says it's not him why you wouldn't be sure?

Of course i don't question Dado's claim.. I am just wondering, out of curiosity... :)

In addition, I cannot think of any other artist with so similar and mature sound as the one of Transwave...

Well, for what it's worth, I've mistaken early Talamasca for early Transwave in the quiz contests... Might be, Talamasca.

It doesn't sound like Talamasca to me at all...

What about Jaia..? I recognize many similar elements, especially at the melodic parts of the track..

what do you think..? anybody familiar with Yannis' possible unreleased goa stuff..?

I will try to contact him and ask.

I don't think this is Jaia works at all, and if it is not Dado, then it might be someone copying his sound... so far Dado always gave us precise and correct answers.

Unless this maybe is a track that Christoff did and he is not very talkative about the past material, but maybe you could try to ask him?

Maybe it's a very early Absolum track, although I am convinced it might very well be someone else...

I don't think this is Jaia works at all, and if it is not Dado, then it might be someone copying his sound... so far Dado always gave us precise and correct answers.

Unless this maybe is a track that Christoff did and he is not very talkative about the past material, but maybe you could try to ask him?

Maybe it's a very early Absolum track, although I am convinced it might very well be someone else...

Indeed, the "sound copy" scenario is very possible Federico.. You are right..

Despite i can't hear any Christof (alone) sound in the track, i ll give it a try and ask..

Anyway, i insist in recognizing it, as i think it is a real gem and has to be identified and maybe released one day..

Don't you agree..?? ;)

• 1 year later...

The track was made on 1997 or earlier, as i recorded it in dat tape on February 1998 and it is 100% Transwave or Deedrah, as my resources back then, were almost unmistakable. I believe it is an unreleased Transwave, a track that Christof didn't like, so it stayed unreleased. Now, Dado says that is not a Deedrah track (which is probably correct) and i guess he didn't wanted to mention Transwave tracks because of Christof. All those are just guesses of course but they have a good point i think!

Furthermore, it is very professional and has ALL Transwave elements, so it can not be a copy-cat from an unknown artist. So for me the track is:
Transwave - Optic Eye (Unreleased) :)

Well the hihats are quite Transwave-y :)

Definitely not. That's more far off than anything suggested here.

MUST YOU ALWAYS CONTRADICT ME YOU DAMN GUY

jk, yeah i guess ur right about filteria.

but still, fitlerias unreleased is rarely heard but i know for a fact, being swede and all, that he experimented with ALOT of styles before releasing Sky Input.

meh I guess the hihats are a bit transwave-y, but the kick and bass isnt, and thats the trademark of transwave.

Is there something behind the scenes that I'm not aware of, if I may ask?

yeah, what gives?

doesnt sound a THING like Transwave. Not even Deedrah for that matter.

Jaia is closer, Talamasca is way off, Filterias unreleased stuff, why not,

sorry to say it bro, no offense, but if you can not see Transwave elements in this track, you should go back to basic Goa school class one...

i am talking (and judging) as a musician and dj, not as a listener

Is there something behind the scenes that I'm not aware of, if I may ask?

Always the most important things happened behind the scene bro.... not only in Goa trance but everywhere ...of course in our case, all these is between artists, not for public gossip ...privacy protection, human rights, etc... you know? :)

Well the hihats are quite Transwave-y :)

...well, just listen the LEADS from 2:40 and forward, is the top evidence here.... and btw hi-hats are never a serious clue when we search for an ID :)

Always the most important things happened behind the scene bro.... not only in Goa trance but everywhere ...of course in our case, all these is between artists, not for public gossip ...privacy protection, human rights, etc... you know? :)

Well of course, but you hinted at something so we get curious and start asking questions :)

...well, just listen the LEADS from 2:40 and forward, is the top evidence here.... and btw hi-hats are never a serious clue when we search for an ID :)

Well I haven't heard anyone else do hihats like that besides Transwave, hence my comment (Helium was the first goa CD I bought in 1998 so I guess I know what I'm talking about).

sorry to say it bro, no offense, but if you can not see Transwave elements in this track, you should go back to basic Goa school class one...

No, It dont sound like transwave. Transwave sounds like transwave. the mixing is way different, Transwave eqs his kicks in a completely other way, same with his basslines.

This is colder, and dryer than transwave mixing.

Secondly, the melodies are not as 'intelligent' as Transwaves.

But the main thing is the kickdrum is all wrong, hihats kinda similar i guess

If its extremely early transwave, hmm , by that way of thinking might aswell be ANY artist in that style-range, trying out his or her sounds.

But to the current way Transwave sounds - I dont find many similarities at all.

And this comes from a music producer who has been producing on and off since 2002 and has been listening to Goa since 1995.

Since you claim who you are I will too.

edit: comon where is the love, im just speakin the truf'

It was confirmed on FB not to be Transwave or Dado/Deedrah production by the artist himself.

definitely sounds like transwave
do we have the full version of the track somewhere? i like it

this is me on my way to basic goa school. .......

Zjwo4.gif

edit: i bet five to one had i been wrong i would be getting it from 3-4 users but i was right and getting it from 0, well fukit :)

• Like 1

...well, just listen the LEADS from 2:40 and forward, is the top evidence here

Very much so. Someone learned to copy well.

• 2 weeks later...

It cannot be Filteria as this track was in circulation in 1997 and I don't think Jannis made music back then.

About the possible Transwave track, maybe. It is curious people had it as Deedrah though, at least two people.

The track is good indeed but if it cannot get identified, it won't be released or shared publicly.

Remember, we do things in the right way: we find out who it is, and if agreed we (DAT) or the artist (bandcamp maybe) release it.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay guys, indeed was confirmed By Dado that it is not Transwave / Deedrah, after i asked him personal in our secret Rare & Unreleased Goa group on Facebook. However, i insist that the track has a lot of Transwave elements. -_-

so, who ever made this is a good copycat, but a good musician also... and the track is definitely unreleased, as it is unknown to over 1000 "experts"... so no matter what it is, its a treasure :)

i guess im alone then - in the opinion of it not sounding like transwave.

Just to be clear, im listening to the mix - and not the content.

The mix usually tells the story.

Also I cant judge if you were being sarcastic when you said "secret rare & unreleased goa group".. at least it sounds hilarious .