Remember Eyal Barkan ?

angular_sound

Wrong forum! (there ain't any good forum for this kind of music, unfortunately :P)

Respect for remembering him btw!! Some of his tracks and collabs with Oren Barkan (aka Reverse Psychology) were a godsend!

Good Morning Israel / Crazy Dafna come to mind... :)

I sure remember him. The older albums are not really my cup of tea but I like the Mr. Clubtrance album (I hope I got the name right). It sounds like it is named but that's fine for me. There also is a track done with Yahel on it and it's quite good (if you like that type of music).

I sure remember him. The older albums are not really my cup of tea but I like the Mr. Clubtrance album (I hope I got the name right). It sounds like it is named but that's fine for me. There also is a track done with Yahel on it and it's quite good (if you like that type of music).

That's when he started riding on the waves of success of west-european Uplifting Trance! I actually never checked out those later albums tbh, after the Crazy Summer album of 1999 I kind of lost interest in him...for that kind of trance music, there's better artists around.

However, when it comes down to catchy israeli Nitzho, he was _THE_ name to remember. Even today a lot of israeli's do remember his 98-99 tracks. Check out this small video made during a dj set by Shivax, playing Reverse Psychology (=Oren & Eyal Barkan) - Crazy Dafna on an outdoor party in Israel, some months ago! :)

Oh and @angular_sound: thx :)! appreciated!!!

Agneton#6 : "That's when he started riding on the waves of success of west-european Uplifting Trance!"

Really ? i didn't know there were many uplifting trance artist in EU. To me only Push qualified for this on a few tracks. Who are the others, i may have missed em.

Uplifting club-trance artists from Europe around 1995-2005? There are shitloads of them and, if you like the style, lots of very good releases. I was into trance before I discovered psy/goa so here are a few names from different countries (the Dutch were a leading force back in the day btw): Ayla, DJ Tandu, DJ Mind-X, DJ Tatana, Airwave, Binary Finary, Paragliders, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, ATB, Rank 1, Armin van Buuren, Mauro Picotto, Thrillseekers, Jürgen Vries, YOMC, Cosmic Gate, Kaycee, Diver & Ace...

Tastu#9 : " Ayla, DJ Tandu, DJ Mind-X, DJ Tatana, Airwave, Binary Finary, Paragliders, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, ATB, Rank 1, Armin van Buuren, Mauro Picotto, Thrillseekers, Jürgen Vries, YOMC, Cosmic Gate, Kaycee, Diver & Ace."

I've always considered these artist to be more techno or techno trance. Yet i've seen the uplifting genre on soundcloud and it correspond to the kind of sound the artists you mention are producing.

Unfortunately this sound doesn't work on me...

Maybe it is a bit of a regional thing how a certain sound is called but the artists I mentioned belong to the trance genre and their releases were sold under that label back in the days. Techno was way less melodic and uplifting back then. I can't come up with a suggestion to hear the difference since I wasn't into it. I also can't make any suggestions for other Trance artists since I don't really know what sound you are looking for.

• 2 months later...

eyal barkan crazy dafna was my high school ring (the get out of class one) for like 3 month's.

back then his tracks were all over israel,every second car near a high school was playing his tracks.

fun times.