Label: Tip Records
Format: Digital
Tracks: 3

8372752.jpg

Listen samples/Buy release here.

Tracklist:

01. Feeling Very Weird [06:21]
02. Feeling Very Weird Feat. Raja Ram (Astral Projection Remix) [11:00]
03. Feeling Very Weird Feat. Raja Ram (Astral Projection High Freakage Cut) [10:20]

I think Astral Projection, TIP Records or The Infinity Project doesn't need any introduction, anybody who is familiar with goa and psychedelic trance should know about these goa super-groups and legendary label. It's really hard job to do a any proper reviewing without going back into time and golden age of projects mentioned above.

This release got three tracks, first one is orginal mix while 2nd and 3rd are lenghty remixes by Astral Projection. It's not a strange thing to see TIP Records going back into their early catalogue and release remastered material, they had even compilations with remastered tracks, and now they're offering Feeling Very Weird single alongside with 2 remixes.

Firstly I must say that I was pleasntly suprised by these remixes, not because Astral Projection finally released something, but more with the sounding of the remixes, it certanly got that unique/retro vibe and atmosphere of good old Astral Projection, and believe it or not, it's a first time I've felt it since In The Mix. I know that there are people who actually love their new sound aswell started with Amen, but I still prefer their trademark sound more.

Both remixes got psytrance and full-on influences but not in the rhythmic structure, or on basslines, but more on various background effects which is kinda cool, it's good to see they're doing good balance between 2 crucial elements and doing something like this will please more people.

Conclusion: I mentioned that both AP remixes are lenghty and I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with the fact that they sound somehow too similar, and it would be much better if they decided to do more relaxed or downtempo version and place it on number 3, and that is a minus for this release. But overall, I'm really positivley shocked (or should I say I'm feeling very weird, but in positive way?) and this release brings hope and faith for the eventually new Astral Projection album, but we all know that we could maybe wait for it another 10 years. Let's hope that Avi and Lior will keep this formula and stick to good old Astral Projection sound!

Rating: 4 out of 5 *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MvCKBuWeC8

• 4 weeks later...

1wtOJzC.jpg

Artist: The Infinity Project

Title: Feeling Very Weird EP (Astral Projection Remixes)

Label: TIP Records

Date: October, 20013

1. The Infinity Project - Feeling Very Weird

2. The Infinity Project - Feeling Very Weird (Astral Projection Remix feat Raja Ram)

3. The Infinity Project - Feeling Very Weird (Astral Projection High Freakage Cut feat Raja Ram)

f6Xg4mv.gif

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!!

If an old school melody plays in the forest and no hippies are there to hear it does anyone actually give a sh*t?

At long last there are signs of life from goa trance icons Astral Projection. True it's just a pair of almost identical remixes, but for those of us who are won't to close the door on this project it offers a glimmer of hope. It still sounds full ony to me, but it's also the most old school sounding stuff we've heard from them in over a decade. The High Freakage Cut is a 10 minute trip down memory lane reminding us we've reached the age of science friction.

I'm feeling very weird. I think it's called optimism. Almost as if there might actually be an album in the future. The near future. But let's not put the cart before the horse. Just like the ones who preceded it this is still just an ep of remixes. Maybe the euphoria is merely the presence of anything from Astral. The true test will be of course if they decide to come out with any new material.

But you gotta crawl before you can walk.

Beatport

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

an album of remixes coming....and some killer work in there! The effort and time spent doing these is phenomenal. Actually they are cover versions.All tracks they recreate from scratch so don´t dismiss lightly! Astral have their Mojo back.. Wait and see!

In the mean time check this new killer new promo on Tip:

https://soundcloud.com/tiprecords/martian-arts-chaos-before#t=0:00