Great parties vs poor parties..

Shpongled247

Soo what makes a party special to you? When you leave with that inspired, magical feeling, rejuvenated...

And what makes a party fairly rubbish?

Living in London atm I can tell you a great thing is the sheer number of parties... However... There is just No Musical Progression throughout the night :(

What that means is, what you hear when you walk in at 10pm is the same full on you will hear when you leave at 6am :( The BPM doesn't even seem to change... No journey.. No new sounds, nothing exciting at all.. :/

Same goes for the prog room or the "dark" room or the "hi tech" room...

So for me, what makes a great party is what London misses, a musical progression throughout the night that takes you on a journey...

I haven't been to the parties you're describing, but it sounds like part of the problem is that there are full on, prog, dark, and hi tech rooms in the first place. The difference between full on and most prog, or dark and hi tech, is miniscule to begin with. A one room party with DJs playing different styles for different hours of the night would be closer to the original party spirit.

That's my answer: don't book several DJs with the same style of music, book DJs with complementary styles and let them play off of each other.

yeah.. know that kind of party.. and also hate it^^

really like it when they start at 135 and than it move to up 180 until sun come up and evrything breaks down :D

but for me a party isn't only about music.. mean if the right people are there you can have your'r fun nevertheless.

My tip: try smaller parties, even free entry stuff if there anything arround on your area.

Think the reason why they only play one singe style of music, is to get house full.. sad but true most people stick to one and only one flavor of music. They don't like progg and dark or goa and hitech.. <select any combo>

So they rather try to not annoy anyone and write "fullon party" onto the flyer and play the sane 10 tracks by different DJs in a loop..

> Same goes for the prog room or the "dark" room or the "hi tech" room..

Well if you are on a party with different floors.. try making your own story by simply chaning the room :P

What makes a party special to me?

- Friends and people who might become friends during the night
- A lot of booze, especially rakija after 02:00
- Positive vibe, without the presence of hillbillys (is that right term for Uruk-Hai alike human beings who got agressive behavior?)
- Proper afterparty with some ethno/folk music playing while disscussing how life can be cruel and beautiful at the same time
- Trees, creeks, grass, the Moon and the clear view onto The Milky Way (probably not possible if you're living in London (for example) or any other big city)
- Pain in the legs afterday (because of proper mosh) pain in the neck (because of proper headbang)

What doesn't makes a party special to me?

- A bunch of people who came to be seen there or just because they found to be cool part of something that they actually don't get that much or aren't that much into it.

- Uruk-Hai's and their yelling and showing how badass they're.
- Loudness, especially if the PA is shitty.
- Strenous, annoying drunkheads, acidheads and hippies
- Rakija shortage

I haven't mentioned music, because I don't have a luxury to go at various types of psytrance gatherings during the year, but what i find interesting, i'll attend and check it if i have enough of free time and proper resources to afford the good/fun times there. Afterall i can enjoy in various types of parties and gatherings if things from my first list are fulfilled.

• Like 1

What doesn't makes a party special to me?

- A bunch of people who came to be seen there or just because they found to be cool part of something that they actually don't get that much or aren't that much into it.

- Uruk-Hai's and their yelling and showing how badass they're.

- Loudness, especially if the PA is shitty.

- Strenous, annoying drunkheads, acidheads and hippies

+ zillion

Specialy about drunkheads and uruk-hais (i call them hicks) :lol:

A one room party with DJs playing different styles for different hours of the night would be closer to the original party spirit.

we have that over here and i hate it.

in reality this almost inevitably turns out as follows:

22:00-23:30 - progressive

23:30-5:30 - various kinds of darkpsy

5:30-end - morning fullon

so if you don't like darkpsy you have to option of coming early and dancing to one set of progressive as the only person because people rarely come before midnight, waiting six hours and then dancing to some mediocre fullon while fighting the urge to go to sleep. or you can pay the full 15-25€ just for one dj set; either the one at the beginning where the party hasn't really started yet or the one at the end where the party is basically over.

i have nearly stopped going to parties because of this. so bring on the different rooms with different styles!

we have that over here and i hate it.

in reality this almost inevitably turns out as follows:

22:00-23:30 - progressive

23:30-5:30 - various kinds of darkpsy

5:30-end - morning fullon

so if you don't like darkpsy you have to option of coming early and dancing to one set of progressive as the only person because people rarely come before midnight, waiting six hours and then dancing to some mediocre fullon while fighting the urge to go to sleep. or you can pay the full 15-25 just for one dj set; either the one at the beginning where the party hasn't really started yet or the one at the end where the party is basically over.

i have nearly stopped going to parties because of this. so bring on the different rooms with different styles!

In Australia the dark psy often only starts around 2-3am giving much more time to prog or melodic full on earlier in the night. You would dig it :) Wish London would get the same idea though!