Facebook & music labels...

Anoebis

I was wondering, lately I am trying to make our Suntrip facebook group as active as possible :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suntrip-Records/205061476205185

But I was wondering, what would you people find interesting to see/read on such a fb page!? :) Please, react on following questions :)

- How many updates? Every day 1, every week 1,...?
- What to post? Pics, tracks, info of artists, promos, party info,...?
- do you really read those fb groups?

You really need to give reasons to stay tuned on it. Update every week at minimum. Also what drives a good page is to get people involved, I don't know, do occasional give-aways/contests, polls, questions that you actually care about. Party pic of the week, interviews(maybe let people make the questions), comments!? All sorts of stuff if you really wanna get into it.

I'd suggest you plan ahead a little bit so you don't run out of content immidiately.

You really need to give reasons to stay tuned on it. Update every week at minimum. Also what drives a good page is to get people involved, I don't know, do occasional give-aways/contests, polls, questions that you actually care about. Party pic of the week, interviews(maybe let people make the questions), comments!? All sorts of stuff if you really wanna get into it.

I'd suggest you plan ahead a little bit so you don't run out of content immidiately.

Cool, thanks for the feedback! :)

So far I managed to do updates every 2 days more or less, there is enough news luckely, and if there is no news its always easy to play a massive track from the catalogue :) But yeah, thanks for the ideas :)

At Neogoa facebook page (not group) I tried to create a community where followers will be involved in any way possible and not just that, to receive as fresh as possible news and updates in anything related to Goa trance music, so we got these things:

- Question of the week - usually questions about psychedelic trance music and culture where people can post and share their opinions
- Exclusive track previews and updates for each release

- Free download slots from Graviton and pre-downloads for regular Neogoa releases

- Interviews with other labels and artists
- Daily Goa trance news, new tracks, releases annoucements

- Contests where people can be involved somehow in releases (for example DG3 description)
- Exclusive news from other labels who are part of Neogoa Facebook page and our promotional platform offered to other record labels including: Suntrip Records, Sita Records, Cronomi Records, Timewarp Records, Anjuna Records, Zion604 Records, Dimensional Records, Underground Alien Factory Records, Goa Madness Records, Graviton/Neogoa.

- Polls and various topic disscussions, usually started by me because it's important (at least to me) to have 120% honest and open contact with people who actually care about your work.

Neogoa Facebook page is unique and unlike other facebook groups it does support other artists and labels and that is something that we're trying from the day 1 to push - a community and that is reason why over 1800 people are following that page. Also, there is a special 'secret' *illuminati* Neogoa group on facebook with 50 members, but that one is dedicated to artists, DJs, reviewers and people who are doing serious stuff in promotion of goa trance music.

I've got ideas for 2014 and how to get people more involved into my/our work and it will be groundbreaking i think, not only that people/followers will read, disscus or enjoy the music, they gonna be an important part of the netlabel and releases directly. Ain't gonna speak more about it, but overall i think it will be fun doing it. Anyway, here is NG facebook page in case you're not follower yet: https://www.facebook.com/Neogoa

I was wondering, lately I am trying to make our Suntrip facebook group as active as possible :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suntrip-Records/205061476205185

But I was wondering, what would you people find interesting to see/read on such a fb page!? :) Please, react on following questions :)

My post above was slightly offtopic, so I'll try to answer your questions here:

Posting more than once per day is useless unless you pay for extra reach and promotion (don't do it, it's better to have proper content than gain some 'fans' with promotional posts'). Facebook in last year or so is limiting reach so my answer would be: 1 post/day. Ofc, don't post YouTube tracks every day and all will be fine. Serious updates, previews and news is the content that i personally like to read the most.

People usually like to check something that has not been published already, so my pick would be exclusive track previews, exclusive artwork previews. Infos about artists can be easily found on your (Suntrip) website or on discogs or on last.fm or on artist facebook page. Party annoucements are also great idea but remember, not all of your followers will attend some party in let's say... Netherlands. Better option is to create a special photo album and to add only flyers for parties there.

Yes. I read fb groups (and pages), only 20 pages are atm on my fb feed and only important and interesting stuff, others are listed into special lists created by genre/style/type that i'm checking usually once per week. FB groups are also cool but unfortunaley many people are abusing and flooding them with youtube tracks, i mean ok, you like some track released long time ago, but why you have to post it in the group where people actually want to hear something new, fresh, or just to be informed with latest news from label/artist/dj. I tend to use thoose groups to post promotional material (usually soundcloud links) for Neogoa/Graviton.

-Once a day sounds ideal.

-All of them.

-Not really. :P But I rarely visit fb, so I don't count.