what are they yet to re release, what should they?

technosomy

was talking with someone the other day, about all the remake movies that have been flooding in for some time now, especially the comic books.

realised

they have not done flash gordon...............yet! very surprising as it's huge in comic book world

also robocop!

what else should they, shouldn't and why?

WHAT???!!???

Flash Gordon - 1980

An absolute classic, indeed. Watched it again last year as my lady hadn't seen it and we both laughed throughout the movie. It didn't quite have the same effect on us as it did back in the '80s. (I remember my dad being all stoked about the movie and the special effects.)

I was thinking Dune as well, maybe because i saw it in the thread below though.

Also I don't really Like when they re-make stuff most of the time... Total Recall.. Evil Dead.. Etc... omg.. :(

Some things are better left untainted in my memory :)

also robocop!

They are remaking Robocop. It's due out in February. It was going to be made by Darren Aronofsky but his script would have been too expensive to make so they gave it to someone else who's making it for half as much. The general consensus is that it's going to suck.

They are remaking Robocop. It's due out in February. It was going to be made by Darren Aronofsky but his script would have been too expensive to make so they gave it to someone else who's making it for half as much. The general consensus is that it's going to suck.

The director is Jose Padilha of the Elite Squad fame. It may turn out good.

I hope there'll be a sequel to Dredd. One of the few comic adaptions that didn't sucked big time.

Highly doubt it since unfortunately it bombed .

I'm really surprised that there's no adaptation of Lovecraft stories and/or Cthulhu mythos is general. There are only a few mostly loose adapations like Dunwich Horror, Re-animator or Cthulhu influenced like Dagon and In the Mouth Of Madness, but given the popularity of Lovecraft and Cthulhu it boggles my mind how they haven't even tried yet. I guess it has to with the difficulty to portray cosmic horror in a movie.

BTW there was supposed to be a At The Mountain Of Madness movie directed by Del Toro, but Universal decided to ditch it for...Battleship.

Yea, I was thinking they need to make a big-buget movie out of 'At the Mountains of Madness' that was a cross between The Thing and Prometheus.

The story:

Excited by the discovery of new species of life within a lake trapped beneath the ice sheet a team of scientists head to Antarctica to search for more undiscovered life forms. While doing a survey, they discover something at the base of an ancient mountain range trapped in ice. Excited by the prospect of something really unique under the glacier they drill a tunnel down through the ice cap and stumble across some sort of strange door. At this time the summer is ending and the team is supposed to leave but a small group of them decide to stay though the long, dark Antarctic winter and see if they can open the door. When they finally get the door open they unlock far more than they bargained for...a huge catacomb with alien writing they can't decipher and scenes of a giant battle between an ultra-advanced alien race and their slaves.

The story:

Excited by the discovery of new species of life within a lake trapped beneath the ice sheet a team of scientists head to Antarctica to search for more undiscovered life forms. While doing a survey, they discover something at the base of an ancient mountain range trapped in ice. Excited by the prospect of something really unique under the glacier they drill a tunnel down through the ice cap and stumble across some sort of strange door. At this time the summer is ending and the team is supposed to leave but a small group of them decide to stay though the long, dark Antarctic winter and see if they can open the door. When they finally get the door open they unlock far more than they bargained for...a huge catacomb with alien writing they can't decipher and scenes of a giant battle between an ultra-advanced alien race and their slaves.

So... it's Alien Versus Predator, then?

• 1 month later...

Oh snap. Really gotta re watch the robocop movies.

I was afraid of robocop 2 when I was kid.

The scene were they cut that guy open.

And the scene were the robot moved really fast up the staircase or elevator shaft or whatever it was, chasing robocop.

And many many other scenes.

It sure wasn't a movie for kids :D

Gonna re watch them tonight I think :D

I'LL BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR

Robocop 2 was probably the first 18 cert film I saw, it scared me too. Still a great film IMO.

e: Huh. I had no idea until just now that it was directed by the same guy as The Empire Strikes Back.