Travel - Your Best Destinations?

Shpongled247

as i'm from europe, all of it is a bit boring as a travel destination to me (also on the expensive side for sure). if i had to reccomend cities i'd probably say lisbon or amsterdam.

i've also travelled quite a bit in asia. my favourite cities there were chiang mai, kandy, vientiane and penang.

generally thailand imho is an excellent country for a first trip to asia.

NY. Loved her.

Places you should visit at least once: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Bali, Rio de Janeiro

Budapest :D

Colombia:

Berlin.

Since you are in London, a trip to Berlin with RyanAir, EasyJet and AirBnB costs nothing.

I've been to most of the EU and the only country I feel very intrigued to explore is Spain, the rest (can't say bout Greece since I'm Greek) I wouldn't care much.

Of all the places I've been so far my favourites are:

Rome - probably the most amazing place I've been. Every street or corner has the most amazing buildings/fountains etc

Bali - Just loved it there. Love to go back

Estonia - Tallinn is a beautiful city and well worth a look.

Really enjoyed singapore while I think about it.

I want to explore germany some more.

funny someone mentioned toyko

I spend a day there once and it really didn't do anything for me.

Currently in Czech Rep.

http://instagram.com/totalfuneral

Tough to say, I am going to say China, Georgia and USA

:wub: Thailand and Cambodia (weather, nature, food, atmosphere, ...) .... Also did enjoy very much the south of Morocco ....pleasantly surprised by the people there (many problems with Moroccons in my country) ....

I've mostly traveled in the U.S. and been to Mexico.

akula.gifakula.gifakula.gifakula.gifakula.gifakula.gif

This thread shows what I´ve been observing for a long time now. Many people don`t have much of a personality and the only important thing to them is, please their friends and people arround them. Theyd do whatever neccesarry in order to get positive feedback back from others, don`t caring about their personallity. Otherwise this thread would not be full with India and Japan as a favourite destination, ingoring all the other beautiful countries, mountains and islands in the world.

Stfu, radi. More bullshit from you.

@topic:

1. Japan, especially Nikko, Kamakura and Kyoto. I fell in love with this country, that's why I majored in Japanese language and social sciences and stayed there for 7 months. Nikko, Kamakura and Kyoto...what can I say...the nature, the culture, the architecture, the history, the food, the people. It's just too much awesomeness. I will have to return one day, for sure. Tokyo is great, too. But to me it's basically threatening to humans to live there :)

I travelled a lot and I have to say that every region I've been to has its charms. There's only one country I really had a hard time enjoying, and that was India. Having only been to New Delhi and Noida that's probably not being representative of the whole country, but I've never seen so much poverty, anguish, suffering, dirt and garbage before. It really made me close the curtains of my window during the bus rides and in my hotel room. I just couldn't stand it.

Singapore: absolutely love it, this is one of the place i would love to live in, clean, great people, you feel very safe... but very expensive.

how long did you stay there? the first time i visited the place i thought the same way, but the second time their whole thing with the constant reminders about what to do to stay safe and how to be a good citizen kind of get on my nerves after a few days. the place is too structured and organised for me; i called it "more european than europe" ;)

prices depend a lot on the area, having a meal on clarke quay costs the same as eating for 10 days in the indian quarter.

There's only one country I really had a hard time enjoying, and that was India. Having only been to New Delhi and Noida that's probably not being representative of the whole country, but I've never seen so much poverty, anguish, suffering, dirt and garbage before. It really made me close the curtains of my window during the bus rides and in my hotel room. I just couldn't stand it.

new delhi or old delhi? i've found new delhi to be one of the cleanest and wealthiest places i've seen in northern india. old delhi on the other hand was pure horror, nearly as bad as agra.

generally the north and the south of india are wholly different places. i'd reccomend for anyones first visit to india to go to the south first. i haven't seen all of it yet, but goa and especially kerala will spare you of seeing a lot of the awful things you inevitably encounter in the north. there will still be beggars on the streets or people crippled by polio (and of course the contaminated food :( ), but still it's not anywhere near what you see for instance in delhi.

how long did you stay there? the first time i visited the place i thought the same way, but the second time their whole thing with the constant reminders about what to do to stay safe and how to be a good citizen kind of get on my nerves after a few days. the place is too structured and organised for me; i called it "more european than europe" ;)

prices depend a lot on the area, having a meal on clarke quay costs the same as eating for 10 days in the indian quarter.

Oh good point, indeed i stayed there only a week, for holidays, between my vacation in Thailand and Philippines. I believe you... i was with a friend and he felt a bit the same way you did.

Well, I do look, but my look does not come to me, since I am not the one, who is limiting my choise of vacation places to one country from more than 200 countries in the world.

you don't know how to read then, read again at least 15 different countries have been mentionned.

Have you visisted the monkey forest ? and munt Batur ? (if i remember the name correctly)

If I remember correctly, yes to both.

Another good one is Vietnam. Good food, got to go see ho chi mhin's preserved body and this:

681x454.jpg

very cool. Ankor Wat Cambodia is worth seeing, however I'm not sure what the weather is like in February.

it's usually about 30˚C in the day and 25˚C at night. however when i was there two years ago it was 40˚C at day and over 30˚C at night. needless to say i didn't see as much as i hoped to and spent the most time at the pool of our guesthouse.

playa-del-carmen.jpg

Yea, well there isn't much more to see than the temples they have around that area anyway. Another good destination is the yucatan peninsula. I usually stay in Playa del Carmen because its a lot cheaper than Cancun. Its also closer to Xel Ha a bay where you can do some badass snorkeling

4394449-Xel_Ha_Playa_del_Carmen.jpg

playa-del-carmen.jpg

Yea, well there isn't much more to see than the temples they have around that area anyway. Another good destination is the yucatan peninsula. I usually stay in Playa del Carmen because its a lot cheaper than Cancun. Its also closer to Xel Ha a bay where you can do some badass snorkeling

4394449-Xel_Ha_Playa_del_Carmen.jpg

I can state that Xel Ha is pretty awesome and very beautiful. You can spend the whole day in the water snorkeling and it still wont be enough. But I recommend going there by yourself and not with a tour group or anything like that. They waste about half the time explaining stuff that doesn't really matter and things that you would be able to learn if you explored the place yourself. I also like the Pacific side of Mexico, specifically Los Cabos. Really awesome place.Love the desert landscape there.

• 1 year later...