Brand new Shpongle just released!

Lemmiwinks

Mate, I responded to comments you posted on a forum. If you don't want people to respond then don't post. I'm not you're "yes" person.

Secondly, I have a very happy & well adjust 15 month old son. A word of advice do not f*cking ever judge a parent. You have no right to do this, and even before I had my own child I always hated people who stood around judging parents. It's just wrong.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get this topic back on topic, I think this album has all the typical Shpongle magic in terms of Simon's production values. The dude just knows and is a genius at mixing and getting that 3 dimensional aspect to his music. Unfortunately the album seems less varied and developed than any of the other albums. Nothing Lasts still blows my mind with all its glorious glitchy, effects driven intricacies. Museum of Consciousness is a nice listen for the most part, even euphoric, but nothing that makes me think an alien wrote it. It lacks the subtlety of Ineffable Mysteries. I will probably give it the Shpongled Test at some point soon and write a longer review but this is my first initial reaction.

@ Rotwang not at all. I just find it fascinating that you feel the need to step in & regulate a healthy albeit mildly aggressive discussion between two grown men. Kind of like the secret police who insert themselves into a situation waiting for the right moment to arrest, albeit as the newcomer my guess is Antic at most would get awarding if he responded in kind & I'd probably be banned for life?

I'm just curious how the culture of moderation works here compared to say Isratrance. Years before I signed up I recall the era of Nemo and was it Mars that ruled with an authority that the North Koreans would've admired? Is it still the same?

If so & if healthy arguments are not encouraged I'll happily leave now.

Guest antic

@Makka, forgive me if you understood it that way, but I never meant to suggest you're a bad parent or anything. I simply don't like the attitude "don't support it if you don't like it" as in "once you bought it, you're not allowed to say a bad word about it". I'd not support Twisted if they had 3rd world 5 year olds painting the cover art for their CDs for next to no pay, but it's something completely else when I only have issue with details of their marketing / distribution strategy. I have the right to criticize that, especially because I love their music and care about their future - a bit like parent would.

So, sorry again if I upset you :)

Ok now I get what you meant. I too am sorry for being overly sensitive. I guess that it's because I'm a stay at home Dad and I've been copping shit left right & center from health professionals, Mums & other ppl as Australia is very conservative in many ways about such things. I'm a bit sensitive when ppl comment on parenting.

Apologies to all & everyone. If this can be forgiven can we go back to the music? :) cheers to y'all

@ Rotwang not at all. I just find it fascinating that you feel the need to step in & regulate a healthy albeit mildly aggressive discussion between two grown men.

How did I "regulate" anything? I just stated some facts.

Kind of like the secret police who insert themselves into a situation waiting for the right moment to arrest, albeit as the newcomer my guess is Antic at most would get awarding if he responded in kind & I'd probably be banned for life?

I'm just curious how the culture of moderation works here compared to say Isratrance. Years before I signed up I recall the era of Nemo and was it Mars that ruled with an authority that the North Koreans would've admired? Is it still the same?

Did I threaten to ban you? No. Did I give any indication that I intended to use my mod powers against you in any way? No. And yet apparently you think that my voicing an opinion is a reason to launch into a diatribe about the Psynews mod team. You are flying off the handle at nothing.

Guest antic

Arrived today. Listening as we speak.

Why you waited for the CD to arrive to listen to it?

I assume you received a purchase confirmation with link to full 320kbps mp3 download?

Guest antic

Because I don't want the mp3's. End of discussion :P

Don't worry - I know perfectly what you mean. For me music doesn't exist until it's released on a physical media, regardless whether the download is free or paid for. Funny thing is, as soon as I buy the CD I rip it to high quality mp3 for my phone / tablet / laptop, etc. and barely use the plastic anymore. But in this case I caved and downloaded it, because I new I'd have the CD in few days.

I actually find this practice (ordering a CD + immediate mp3 download) to be great and would love others doing the same, because that ensures fans purchasing directly from the label and I'm sure it equals to bigger profit.