the official slayer appreciation thread

technosomy

this thread has been started laying tribute to one of the greatest thrash guitarists of our time, who sadly passed away yesterday at 49 from liver failure, possibly caused by a spider bite some time ago.

i don't quite know what to say, am devastated right now as this band have been a huge influence on me for almost 30 years.

i loved his style, he was a great guy, as i had privelege to meet the group touring australia in 2000

FUCK!

Ivan help me out here bro

this thread has been started laying tribute to one of the greatest thrash guitarists of our time, who sadly passed away yesterday at 49 from liver failure, possibly caused by a spider bite some time ago.

i don't quite know what to say, am devastated right now as this band have been a huge influence on me for almost 30 years.

i loved his style, he was a great guy, as i had privelege to meet the group touring australia in 2000

FUCK!

Ivan help me out here bro

jeff.jpg

So sad news indeed, Slayer has been one of the most influental bands in metal genre and a milestone in thrash metal scene. One of the greatest guitarists passed away and i feel so sad, yesterday whole day playing Slayer.

ripjeff.jpg

Was shocked and saddened to hear of Jeff's passing.

First saw Slayer at the Birmingham Odeon in 1987 on their Reign In Pain tour. They were so intense, just awesome and Reign In Blood remains one of my absolute favourite albums of any genre. It was perfection and has never been bettered, IMHO.

I an so sorry to hear this some days ago. Slayer has been a huge influence in my life, aswell as the early Deathmetal grups such as Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Entombed, Napalm Death etc...

Rest in peace Jeff... you will always be remembered!!!

yup, saw them first on the reign in blood tour!

the last, 2 years ago, and they only got better on the stage!

i screamed black magic to tom up front from song 1, then with only 2 songs to go, he delivered, pointed at me, and screamed...............

BLACK....(POINT)...........MAGIC!

besides meeting them, and having a 10 minute conversation, about everything thrash to gardening the highlight of my life!

rest in peace jeff!

you are a true metal god!

i will now leave you with jeff at his best! check out the shredding on second solo!