Astral projection vs MFG (> 10 years later)

Sideffect...

Astral Projection or MFG?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Your preference...

• Astral Projection
    • MFG

One of the oldest goatrance debates I guess :)

I'm talking about 90's releases not new stuff..

I've listened tot the 1996-1998 releases again the last 2 weeks and Astral projection is still winning.

Tracks like like Axis, people can fly, Mahadeva, Burning Up (Instrumental), Kabalah etc are still doing more then MFG's best tracks.

Also the concept of listening to entire albums Astral projection does it more.

With MFG I tend to get bored at the end.

Of course MFG has it's classics :)

We already have it, hehe. :D But it's nice to see more opinions.

For me this is one of the toughest poll ever. It's really impossible to choose between those two. If I was forced to I would choose AP. They are one of the first Goa acts I've ever listened and they are responsible for being a Goa/Psy fan today.

MFG made some killer tunes : New kind of world, When we dream, Magnetic activity, To eternity, Overload, these tracks are probably my favourites from MFG, but when it comes to AP old stuff there are just so many brilliant tracks. The only thing i don't really like about AP old stuff is that they always used that same kickline, which can sound boring after a while, but anyway my vote goes to AP.

Overal I would say AP, but MFG made some of my absolute favorite tracks ever... Overload, Why? and Shape the Future are really damn good... But then again AP has so much damn good tracks... The rebel in me chose to vote MFG none-the-less :D

The rebel in me chose to vote MFG none-the-less :D

+1 .. It was Astral all the way till i discovered MFG. Their sound is exactly what i was looking for in oldschool which i always found lacking in some way or the other in most Goa trance.

I would recommend to get deeply into the following enviroments...

Black & White, Flying into a star, Life on Mars, Visions of Nasca, Techno Drome

this is indeet a very hard question to answer since both bands are incredibly good. The new MFG stuff Message from God album for example is very good aswell. The older MFG stuff like psychic resonator, illumination, the prophecy, Experience, Why, Beyond the Planet are som4e incredible goa tracks which are very emotional and really sound like goa trance should sound.

but Astral projection on the other hand have release so beautiful tracks that I just can't say MFG can compete with them. Astral projection have released some of the best racks among Goa Trance and for me some of the best tracks of all music. The following tracks by Astral projection are the reason MFG does not get my vote, Ambient Galaxy, Tryptomine dream, Unbelievable Technology, Virtual Booster, KABALAH, MAHADEVA 99, When we Dream, People can Fly, COSMIC ACCENSION REMIX and some more. Those tracks are just out of this world in my opinion and they have something MFG does ot have. The euphoria and the uplifting vibe, yet the very dense atmosphere makes you feel like you are outisde or at a place and here many voices and see many different colours, like at the bitch with intersting water and so on. it is very emotional music and it is unbelievably fresh, that is what I like aobut them. I think MFG are not that similar to Astral Projection, Astral Projection sound mroe like MWNN and old Boris Blenn in my opinion. But MFG are pretty close to Astral Projection for sure and they are one of the top bands, big respect for them.

Guest neurogen

is it my dream or did AP and MFG actually share the same studio?

I read that somewhere in 2001 or so. Or like i said, I dreamed it.

I would recommend to get deeply into the following enviroments...

Black & White, Flying into a star, Life on Mars, Visions of Nasca, Techno Drome

wierd, i find black & white to be one of their poorest tracks. :)

I have listened to Mahadeva. I wasn't sold.

Strange. How about the track Dancing Galaxy? imho in top 5 of all tracks all time

wierd, i find black & white to be one of their poorest tracks. :)

Many dislike repetiveness, but when it is done with sound-depth creating atmosphere, and not flat or soullessly, then is highly psychoactive.

Strange. How about the track Dancing Galaxy? imho in top 5 of all tracks all time

Indeed strange. How many tracks this all time top 5 has? :D

Andromeda is ot a dark track at all. The melodies are very uplifting and happy so dark is not a term in musical langauge you can use for that track at all, I can't understand why wrong vocabulary is being used in this forum to explain musical terms. Instead of saying dark you could say the track does not have a lot of synthlines playing at high frequencies, since people seem to mean that by dark here, tracks that do not have a lot of sounds with high frequencies. But dark at least in Germany and in Bulgaria means a track with sad and negative mood towards it which Andromeda is not at all. If you thin Andromeda is a track to provoke negative feelings than you should type in sad music or listen to some metal tracks by Rammstein for example or other bands, however most Rammstein stuff is not very dark. so Andromeda is not a dark track at all.