What synth and settings used to create this bass?

What synth it is doesn't really matter (also I do understand that some synths have characteristic sound but this isn't the case imo) Instead of asking others to present you with all the answers on a silver platter, train your ears to recreate these sound you're posting(they aren't complex). Just get the waveform right to mimic the overtones of the bass then apply an appropriate filter with the correct attenuation slope, resonance, envelope.

magic and you'll feel better when you're done knowing its all you.

your link takes me to a french site and i dont understand crap.

please give a proper link if u want proper answers

<_< ohh, these lazy English native speakers. They are born with, automatically, the most spoken language in the world. On the other hand, us - estrangeiros, gaijin, etranger, etc..., we can call them bad names in our mother language with a smile in our faces. And they will smile back at us :D

FYI, the link is broken. en francois.

please give a proper link if u want proper answers

I don't understand French either but I managed to get the file. There's nothing 'improper' about the link.

The sound could be made with a variety of synths I'm sure. It's a saw wave with filter modulation with a moderate decay time, a little bit of noise, a slightly longer release time than usual for bass. Maybe I'll try to recreate it tomorrow.

Are you aware that Psynews is a French site?

FWIW, every time I've tried to download the file the CAPTCHA has refused to display.

Sorry, I couldn't get very close. I think switching to a pulse with width a little over 50% helped, but there's a tonal quality in the sample I just can't recreate. Probably the filter of whatever synth made it. Possibly some kind of effect.

What I thought was noise at first is actually distortion/fuzz.

some psynewsers should know about it. there was a remix contest for trance africa express after all. at very least elysium should know ;)

my guess is that it's a "typical" sh-101 style bassline (probably not on a sh-101 though) with saw and square sub-osc, but i could be wrong.