Posted Image

Artist:Baron Samdi

Title:Cursed Bloodline EP

Label: Underground Alien Factory Records

Date: June, 2011

01. Cursed Bloodlines (8:59)

02. Mississippi (9:10)

03. Ouija Es-Tu La (7:41)

Between UAF and Neogoa you should be so full with new school goa trance goodness. They just give and they give...till it hurts. And it obviously hurt because Neogoa is undergoing a transformation. Still, there is plenty to enjoy. So what's this? PharaOm is pulling an Antares and releasing some darker themed goa under a new name? Color me interested. You can get it at Ektoplazm like always and like always, it is FREE.

Cursed Bloodlines- Damnit this first track is noisy. Hey people...shut the f*ck up, I'm trying to hear the music. Noisy whistling sounds and I've heard one of those melodies before. There is so much reverb that everything seems to get drowned out. Is this mastered or what? F*ck this, it hurts my ears.

Posted Image

Mississippi- With the pipe organ beginning it's like a backwoods Phantom of the Opera. The title is Mississippi and it is dark and haunting. Like I imagine living in Mississippi would be. The hi-hat is too loud for me, but I like the melody. Creepy with some good moments, but again it's TOO F*CKING LOUD.

Ouija Es-Tu La- Here are some more dark vibes with a spooky music box and minor key melodies. I think this track relies more on samples for sure but the strings in the middle were creative as the distorted pad moans. The percussion sounded weak though, not in volume (oh hell no!) but in quality. There is a goa"ish" melody near the end, but I wasn't impressed.

This is not your grandmother's goa. Hell, I don't think it's goa at all. Dark themed with voodoo samples, moody organs and horror movie child music boxes, but I'll be honest, I can't enjoy any of it because of the way it sounds. Way, way too loud. It comes off as harsh and amateurish. Love your work as PharaOm Oswald, but I can't get into this. I don't know if Keamia f*cked your sh*t up or if it's supposed to sound like this, but it ain't for me.

Posted Image

Ektoplazm

Mdk

There is a lot of interesting moments but in my humble opinion, Oswald should focus more on his PharaOm project. This release in really interesting but there isn't any epic moments that I'll remember as something special/unique, plus mastering for this one isn't good as (let's say Trinodia's LP). However, it's nice to see that netlabels and artists slowly explores darker side of goa trance and hopefully there will be more dark-themed releases by the end of 2011.

I enjoyed this EP quite a lot compared to the usual EP releases. Interesting dark movie like atmosphere for ... goa I guess. Whilst the tracks seem to be on par with each others, the first track is the best. I never get tired of those 80s like crystal synths. From 6.39 the track turns into such coolness. Wicked groovy 80s atmosphere with some real emotion. I think there is room for improvement, namely the literal production sounds flat and hollow, but as I said, this stands out from the norm of EP release. This EP tells so much more of a story and is very interesting, which makes me occasionally coming back. A cool interesting take on goaish production at least. I don't actually know how to really classify this, but I liked it.

Though I'm wondering what's with the loud problem? If it's loud then turn it down. The sound level of these files is actually quite low if I compare to other release with same settings and obviously if you turn it up it'll sound tad harsh. So just turn it down? :huh:

Don't worry about it Imba. Maybe I'm in the minority or maybe that's just the sound Oswald is going for. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean it wasn't good. It's free and people should use their own tastes. So for me then, what's the score?

Good UAF releases >>>>>> bad releases.

You are still the man, as is Oswald.

Mdk

I just want to say that this project wasn't "goa" when I made it, it was an experimental way to explore trance ! I just tried to bring something unusual, with a strong emotionnal and "story" part as Penzoline said.

Sorry for the sound quality, it was ok for me when I heard it, but maybe I made a mistake !

For those who prefer my work with PharaOm just be patient my solo album is almost done, and this time don't worry it's hardline goa ;)

Thanks for giving your opinion on my work, whatever it's bad or good, it helps me a lot ! :)

Don't ever stop being creative Oswald. So what if I didn't like it, I'm just one schmuck at a computer. Penzo liked it and I'm sure there are more who did also. You are the artist and you make what every you feel like. When I write a review that may not be so positive, I still have respect for the artist who created it. They built something from nothing and that's pretty impressive.

Mdk

Don't ever stop being creative Oswald. So what if I didn't like it, I'm just one schmuck at a computer. Penzo liked it and I'm sure there are more who did also. You are the artist and you make what every you feel like. When I write a review that may not be so positive, I still have respect for the artist who created it. They built something from nothing and that's pretty impressive.

Mdk

Would you like PharaOm new EP? Sure, we prepare some 4-5 tracks to put out in month or two :))