Label: Neogoa

Date: May, 2011

1. Supernova

2. Sunshine Reborn

3. Tranceship to the Sun

4. Dancem Macacos, Dancem

5. Innertrip

Posted Image

Ivan Richpa is the hardest working man in the goa trance business. Yeah I dropped the new school because it has been going on for a while now. His site Neogoa is really setting itself up as the one stop shop for all things goa. You've got info on labels and artists, reviews, and now several releases under his belt. This is their latest release, Natan Bueno from Brazil. Man I've always wanted to go there. Brazil is known for four things:

4.) The Christ the Redeemer Statue overlooking the city.

3.) I suppose they have a pretty good soccer team.

2.) Carnivale

1.) But let's be honest...all that other stuff is really of secondary importance

Posted Image

Richpa scored a major get in Tim Schuldt for the mastering and I'm quite sure he didn't do it for free. The artwork is again beautiful prepared by Ivan himself. Back to Natan, he released an EP in 2010 called Dance 4 Mountains that I never heard, but you can hear some of it here.

Supernova- The track begins with a booming and a long sweep as delicate synths skitter above the kick in a nice arpeggio. But it's the growling 303 that begins to assert itself and is the story here. It runs up and down as another lead sparkles. I also like the bass line too with its quick pace. When a wavering sound enters it reminds me of some of the tribal stuff from long ago as it slides easily into the break. The 303 returns and puts its stamp on the track in no uncertain terms. Powerful and intense while at the same time being descriptive. Loved it.

Sunshine Reborn- This is a grower. It starts off slowly and picks up intensity as the layers get added. The synths scream as they hurtle towards the sun. Right when you thought the spaceship was going to crash, it averts disaster. Strings give it an airy feel and then a new lead dances in the sunshine. The break is short as another synth flows up and down. The 303 is subtle, but I like that he didn't hit you over the head with it. It's not that loud and that forces you to focus on it. Good technique. At the end it all comes together and sounds quite massive.

Tranceship To The Sun- From the rapid and muted bass line to the sparkly leads there is quite a bit going on here. The tone is stand offish as new synths bounce off the suns rays with less intensity, but an equal amount of creativity. It slowly twists and turns as it captures the mind. This isn't a stormer, but it's still got some bite. More of a track to listen to while enjoying oneself on the beach.

Dancem Macacos, Dancem- After a lengthy Portugese sample, it's full steam ahead. The lead reminds me of my time rollin deep with Snoop blasting in the deck. It floats high above the clouds and seems like it's raining down in shimmering waves. 303's twirl in the background to give the track some goa cred. Pretty good track.

Westside, homie!

Posted Image

WTF? I don't think gangsters shop at American Eagle sweetcheeks.

Innertrip- He ends with a more deep trancey number. The pads are big and the 303's have a nice change in key that float in the background. Sweet. Think of it as goa lite. Pure escapism, put the headphones on and drift. Nothing spectacular, but nice nonetheless.

So another quality EP release from Neogoa. It's not the sledgehammer to the face power type music, but more hypnotic with simple melodies. It sounded great, so once again Tim did his job well. Melodic, clear, and even had a bit of a darker edge to balance out it's sunshine. My favorite would be the first one as it just dripped with growly goodness. Once again this is a free release that I was happy to hear.

Coming soon...tomorrow I think.

Samples

Mdk

Richpa scored a major get in Tim Schuldt for the mastering and I'm quite sure he didn't do it for free.

Actually Natan wanted to feature mastering from Tim so he made a deal with mastering himself and I always try to support artists decissions. Anyhow thanks a lot for reviewing this one, probably it will be on Ektoplazm tonight.

Video for Supernova track by Trancevisuals (available in HD)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4jKh3URKCk

Wow, nice psychotic atmosphere here, I like it! I didn't know this guy so thanks for this release! Posted Image

Video for Supernova track by Trancevisuals (available in HD)

TranceVisuals videos are freakin amazing. Compliments this song well and pretty much everything.

I'm liking this whole cd :wub: