6. Our sky is the mind

AGNETON

7. Het was zomer

AGNETON

8. High on wire (Agnet's Phoorgoa rmx) - HI PHUK

AGNETON

9. De Sterrenreiziger

AGNETON

I cannot believe this has not been reviewed on this forum. Since this is a home for the ultra goa fanbase it is shocking that nobody bothered to put up a review. I received an email from a nice fellow requesting this to be reviewed and I was only too happy to comply. Did this really come out in 2008? Really? That seems so long ago. For those not in the know, Agneton (a prolific member here on this forum) is Belgian Elias Gits whose specialty is Nitzhonot & Goa Trance. He has produced tracks on almost all the new school goa releases and his style is more of a combination of Nitzho and goa. Power and melody without the cheese, I suppose. His tracks for me have always been enjoyable blurring the line between the two styles, not too heavy on the goa but with a definite Nitzho feel. This is his first release and it is on the Phototropic Records label.

Right out of the gate this takes you back to an era of mysticism. The Israeli feel is palpable. The melodies are immediate and spiral effortlessly through the sky, evolving continuously. The kick and bass are definitely Nitzho while bizarre noises dart in and out of earshot keeping the mood intact. The tracks have that bubbling quality, warning that the supernatural lies just beneath the surface. The two genres weave seamlessly around each other with some interesting breaks and percussion creating something different. And that's what this album is going to give you. Soaring melodies combining two genres complete with the that eternal sunshine feel. This was a joy to listen to when I first got it and it still is. If there is one possible shortcoming, I would say that the album can sound samey, sometimes becoming a little laborious to listen to all the way through. This is one of the risks when limiting yourself to only 2 genres. But I cannot stress enough that this is only a minor quip. The melodies themselves are so crisp and bouncy that it doesn't become tiresome at all. I wouldn't hesitate to call this superb and recommend it highly. :)

Beatspace

Psyshop

Saikosounds

Mdk

I definitelly listen to this album at least once every week :) It's one of the most FUN newschool albums as BlackStarrFinale said. I really enjoy listening to it! I also didn't know that there were no reviews about this album on psynews, I noticed it only when I saw this thread... We all owe an apology to Agneton for skipping this album in our reviews!

I was also surprised when I saw that this album didn't got any reviews. :)

This is a quality album and it turned me into Goa Trance entirely. (Discovered psytrance around march 2008, mainly full-on and prog, but after this album I never looked back. I didn't even know all the substyles back then.)

My favourite tracks are Het Was Zomer, Horizon In Your Head, Hoa Nozem (hilarious track title for the Dutch people over here :lol: ) and Our Sky Is The Mind.

Great psychedelic and non-cheesy nitzhonot with blasting melodies! :)

Thank T2MU!

I was seriously stunned there were no reviews. I think this album is simply great. I've listened to it so many times that I don't listen to it much these days, but there's some serious quality here. The first real nitzhogoa release.

The V/A Alternative Colours had a new Agneton track and that was a clear step to the right direction after this release. Same with the collaboration with Goalien on V/A - Nitzhogoa. He evolved the sound from this album to even further. I cannot wait what will his second album sound like.

• 2 years later...