Did you know that...

amithaba_buddha

• 2 years later...

I just went to see this guy preform live (I think they said it was his 4th live of this style EVER!) in Copenhagen connected with the documentary festival CPH:DOX, first there were a short on-stage interview (hilarious since he was misunderstanding each question, which made it that much more interesting), there was a screening of a work-in-progress documentary about Charanjit Singh and his disco ragas (I will posted it below this text) and he played a 2h set... the only bad thing was that it was a theatre setting so no dancing :( and the sound was incredibly loud... but fuck me side-ways... it was damn psychedelic! I will ask the guys arranging it if they would mind putting some of the stuff i recorded on youtube and will post it here (if the agree).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT64B6vs9Mc

And any one living in Malmö (the 7th of November) and Amsterdam (the 9th of November) be sure to check it out!

http://www.residenta...s.aspx?id=17911

Guest neurogen

I dont think there is anything psy or goa about it tbh

i guess its kinda close though.. then again i strongly dislike all that eastern oriental stuff. the melodies i mean. yuck.

Well if you listen to a lot of goa trance (old and new) then "eastern" melodies/scales are very common (I hope you realize that)... and the melodies are awesome and I find them psychedelic! and this was made in 82, quite unique really. And believe me even if you liked it or not you would have to be born in a bucket of acid not to think his live show was psychedelic, he really tweaked it out! :D

holy shit, i missed this topic back then, just heard for the first time!

wow is all i can say

bring this to the masses people, he needs to be heard, and praised for pure genius,

back in 82! fuck me! when groups like survivor, softcell, joan jett were god's in the pop scene

only jmj, and kraftwerk had brought their talents to the people

i am interested if other artists, who established our scene, ever heard him back in the day, and possibly influenced by it.

had anyone here ever heard of, or heard this, before this thread?

• 3 years later...

huh! I had that sweet LP. :) Not sure on that remastering, the original sounded the same to me. (though I only played one track)

Sad that I couldnt manage to attend a show. :( Mr.Singh passed away last year.

There are chances that it will re-released with original artwork. (I sold a copy to Bombay Connection guy with a decent cover) The first re-issue had a different sleeve as they couldnt reproduce the original artwork.

Crazy prices on the repress! the label itself sells it for 45. I mean come on, sleeve is a beauty agreed but 45 for 2Lp seems a bit too much for me. Even the echosspace silk sleeve LPs cost less. F'in vinyl hunters! I hate that guy!

• 4 weeks later...