Sheyba - Trance Africa Express Remix Competition

So far, I know that Disco Hooligans, Radical Distortion and Space Elves are participating :) I Haven't heard any of these (Except for Space Elves of course :D )

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really low amount of remixes for such a classic.. how much did you promote this thing?

Let's be honest: most producers know they lack talent enough to create a Goa track. It envolves multi-layering, creating non-tacky melodies and a spoonful of knowledge.

It is much easier to create a full-on, dark or a progressive track. Goa is the Hitchcook of electronic music.

That said, the same works for remixing Goa tracks. Usually the remix is not as good as the original version.

Let's be honest: most producers know they lack talent enough to create a Goa track. It envolves multi-layering, creating non-tacky melodies and a spoonful of knowledge.

It is much easier to create a full-on, dark or a progressive track. Goa is the Hitchcook of electronic music.

I do not agree at all. It's a bit of an elitist view really. One artist can be great at producing genre X but suck at producing genre Y. No genre is easier than another genre. As an example it's extremely difficult to make good minimal music. Why? Because you have to make very few elements very good. So it's not correct to say that Goa is more hard to make than any other genre. Each genre has it's very talented artists and not so talented artists.

And no I do also not agree that Goa is superior to any other style (Quote: Goa is the Hitchcock of electronic music). It's all in the ears of those listening and called TASTE ;)