Need for creativity

In electronic music you are free to use any sounds possible! After all the "artist" has to both make the sounds AND arrange them, not just arrange them like writing music in the past!

What I really love is when an album creates it's own new sound, this is it's personality, which makes it stand out from others! Otherwise it's forgettable, and even if it's excellent arrangement, I won't remember it as well as something that's used creative sounds.

This is why I love Entheogenic, Aes Dana, Distant System, Mystical Sun, Aural Planet, etc (chillout); Jaia, Chi-AD, Dimension 5, Ra, Etnica/Pleiadians, Miranda, etc (goa trance); etc, and these all come first to mind: the arrangement is good, but more importantly it has a radically unique sound compared to all the other music being released!

The worst thing for me is these ambient releases like "Treasure" that use the same boring "soundscape" sounds that were used like 15 years ago!!! I hear this album is very good, but I can't remember a single thing about it after 3 listens other than that it was very cliche and forgettable (I can't even remember the artist name, lol)! This means I CANNOT consider the album much good at all.

The main problem with psytrance / goa trance these days is that it lacks it's creative sound. The same can be said for a lot of chillout and other genres of music. Too many imitation artists trying to "revive" goa trance by copying the most cliche elements or sticking with the "full on" sound, etc.

I would say, for example, to Filteria: HELLO, we don't want massive amounts of "three-oh-whogivesafuck" laser sounds... it's not MORE that's better, please put some effort to make more creativity in your music rather than make it more like the majority of past goa trance, then it will really be a classic. (Look at Ra - 9th for example, and of course To Sirius as well.) I give an example from goa trance simply because I know it best. I've heard tons of forgettable music in other genres too.

The main problem with psytrance / goa trance these days is that it lacks it's creative sound. The same can be said for a lot of chillout and other genres of music. Too many imitation artists trying to "revive" goa trance by copying the most cliche elements or sticking with the "full on" sound, etc.

you can blame the record lables for that... believe me, there are TONS of psy artists out there who try to release stuff with a different sound but they never get signed because the record lables just want more of the same. For a record label it's a risk: either release something that sounds the same as a billion other albums out there and be sure to sell a certain amount... or release something completely different and have a 2 in 3 chance to be a flop.

I would say, for example, to Filteria: HELLO, we don't want massive amounts of "three-oh-whogivesafuck" laser sounds... it's not MORE that's better, please put some effort to make more creativity in your music rather than make it more like the majority of past goa trance, then it will really be a classic. (Look at Ra - 9th for example, and of course To Sirius as well.) I give an example from goa trance simply because I know it best. I've heard tons of forgettable music in other genres too.

edit:

I want!

I want both creativity and laser sounds.

And plz don't compare Filteria with Ra.

Filteria is a God.

I would say, for example, to bwhale: HELLO, we don't want you over here...

Is this guy really bwhale?

I mean, I didn't ban him to let him open another account just like that. He had to think, before.

I temp banned Mr. Baron just ini case. If he's not that bwhale guy, then he can write to me and we can have a talk.

hey sounds like bwhale...

Sounds nothing like bwhale to me. Mars, I think you're well out of order banning a new member on the basis of hearsay. Not to mention what a ridiculous double standard this is - a while back, somebody (you?) removed a post of mine merely because I suggested that a new member was the same person as a non-banned old member. What gives?

Sounds like Bwhale? hehe. Sounds like Steve? Sounds like LuBu, sounds like Bruce? Yes, what gives Snickers?

And plz don't compare Filteria with Ra.

Filteria is a God.

Well since 'Ra' is concidered to be an ancient Egyptian sun god, I would say that Ra is a God :P But I guess you knew that and just wanted to take the a piss.

To the topic,

I don't see the problem pointred out by the dude from Donkey Kong as clear, but in my opinion there is a lot f artists doing just that, making their own unique sound. And also I agree on Lemmi's words. Fragletrollet had a hard time finding a label to release his album. Ozmali released his on his own label ..

I haven't heard many of Filterias tracks and non of his three albums.

But I liek his style a lot even though it can sound very cool but for some reason it has a lacking in that authentic Goa power.

When I got the Opus Iridium VA from Suntrip, I thought his track Birds Lingua Franca was So fucking poerful and energetic. But when I got to know it it started to bug the hell out of me, it just sounded stuid and strange, didn't have a feel of psychedelia. However, his Snail track on the Isratrance Compilation is superb, so far. And his Navigate (Live Version 2007) track from Old is Gold I can't recall.

So based on very very few tunes, I think there is something very right and powerful in Filterias tracks, but at the same time they seem to be lacking 'it', or something important.

Is this guy really bwhale?

I mean, I didn't ban him to let him open another account just like that. He had to think, before.

I temp banned Mr. Baron just ini case. If he's not that bwhale guy, then he can write to me and we can have a talk.

I think so. Look, he opened up his first topic with a first post about "apologizing about what he already said". He's definitely been here before, and the style of the post suits him - even tho he tries to appear as somebody else. Don't take it from me tho, there are others as well (from UO) that have the same suspicion.

Sounds like Bwhale? hehe. Sounds like Steve? Sounds like LuBu, sounds like Bruce? Yes, what gives Snickers?

Well since 'Ra' is concidered to be an ancient Egyptian sun god, I would say that Ra is a God :P But I guess you knew that and just wanted to take the a piss.

To the topic,

I don't see the problem pointred out by the dude from Donkey Kong as clear, but in my opinion there is a lot f artists doing just that, making their own unique sound. And also I agree on Lemmi's words. Fragletrollet had a hard time finding a label to release his album. Ozmali released his on his own label ..

I haven't heard many of Filterias tracks and non of his three albums.

But I liek his style a lot even though it can sound very cool but for some reason it has a lacking in that authentic Goa power.

When I got the Opus Iridium VA from Suntrip, I thought his track Birds Lingua Franca was So fucking poerful and energetic. But when I got to know it it started to bug the hell out of me, it just sounded stuid and strange, didn't have a feel of psychedelia. However, his Snail track on the Isratrance Compilation is superb, so far. And his Navigate (Live Version 2007) track from Old is Gold I can't recall.

So based on very very few tunes, I think there is something very right and powerful in Filterias tracks, but at the same time they seem to be lacking 'it', or something important.

You should listen to his Sky Input album.

Best music ever. Seriously.