R.I.P Infected Mushroom

Aeros

C'mon where does it say that an artist is obliged to make music that appeals to the majority of the fanbase. Infected has always been inventing themselves from square one, they don't have any album that sound like the previous one. So obviously people will not like all ther creations. That to me is a mark of a true artist, that keeps evolving, not a producer making the same stuff over and over again, Solar Fields is also an example of an artist constantly evolving. Maybe Erez felt as if they had made most of what was doable in the psy-genre or just lack of motivation and wanting to try something new. Maybe they saw an opportunity to make money, wouldn't you jumpo on that train being at their age? I'm sure you would. To me they haven't let anyone down, if you make music and people like it, are you suddenly in a position where you can't let the people appreciating what you do down? That is really strange logic to me. You are lacking in argumentation mister, but ofc if you feel they have let you down, they have.

euhh their music as not been evolving, whatr their recent albums feel like an eevolution to you??????????? and yes, they have found a way to make money, i would maybe have done the same, but if i would have done some jimi hendrix guitar, and then turn myself to do some lil wayne guitar, well yeah, its kind of letting people down.

Infected mushroom are trying to do something new??????? nonono, they are doing something as more commercial they can do, i lack of argumentation? whats the subject? if IM are evolving? yes they are. Are they evolving in the good direction? no! thats my position. and yes, your responsible of the music you make, wtf, your not responsible of things you do? of course IM dont give a damn, bue WE have the right and the reasons of being dissapointed by the last couple albums

and yes, i cry every night thinking about IM new work, but you seems to be happy! so sing me one of their new song!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon where does it say that an artist is obliged to make music that appeals to the majority of the fanbase. Infected has always been inventing themselves from square one, they don't have any album that sound like the previous one. So obviously people will not like all ther creations. That to me is a mark of a true artist, that keeps evolving, not a producer making the same stuff over and over again, Solar Fields is also an example of an artist constantly evolving. Maybe Erez felt as if they had made most of what was doable in the psy-genre or just lack of motivation and wanting to try something new. Maybe they saw an opportunity to make money, wouldn't you jumpo on that train being at their age? I'm sure you would. To me they haven't let anyone down, if you make music and people like it, are you suddenly in a position where you can't let the people appreciating what you do down? That is really strange logic to me. You are lacking in argumentation mister, but ofc if you feel they have let you down, they have.

and what are you trying to prove? whats the argumentation exactly? that infected mushroom are evolving ans that its okay????? come on, i would rather have ten classical mushroom then one vicious delicious.

euhh their music as not been evolving, whatr their recent albums feel like an eevolution to you??????????? and yes, they have found a way to make money, i would maybe have done the same, but if i would have done some jimi hendrix guitar, and then turn myself to do some lil wayne guitar, well yeah, its kind of letting people down.

Infected mushroom are trying to do something new??????? nonono, they are doing something as more commercial they can do, i lack of argumentation? whats the subject? if IM are evolving? yes they are. Are they evolving in the good direction? no! thats my position. and yes, your responsible of the music you make, wtf, your not responsible of things you do? of course IM dont give a damn, bue WE have the right and the reasons of being dissapointed by the last couple albums

and yes, i cry every night thinking about IM new work, but you seems to be happy! so sing me one of their new song!

well I'm done arguing, you don't seem to read what I write coming with implications of what I have said that I haven't. Please learn to read a text thoroughly before you come with you're counter argumentation...also you are also making contradictions first saying they are not evolving "does it sound like evoltion...blabla" then you say, "are they evolving?", and you answer it yourself with "yes"

well I'm done arguing, you don't seem to read what I write coming with implications of what I have said that I haven't. Please learn to read a text thoroughly before you come with you're counter argumentation...

lol, i have read it very well, and what youv said, i answered it! so i guess its an easy way for you to answer, lol, its pathetic

well I'm done arguing, you don't seem to read what I write coming with implications of what I have said that I haven't. Please learn to read a text thoroughly before you come with you're counter argumentation...also you are also making contradictions first saying they are not evolving "does it sound like evoltion...blabla" then you say, "are they evolving?", and you answer it yourself with "yes"

haha thats pathetic, how can you be like that, you dont answer to anything, you said nothing interesting, its so easy, pathetic, fuckin pathetic

a true artist???????? they are making shitty releases one after an other, for you thats a mark of a true artist????????? ill recommend you skazi and celine dion

and your comparing solar field????????????? hey man, its better every time, and IM is going downhill, try to find some better comparaison

and that the point, IM was doing music not to appeal to everyone before, but now they are doing music to appeal to everyone, except people who really loves psytrance

a true artist???????? they are making shitty releases one after an other, for you thats a mark of a true artist????????? ill recommend you skazi and celine dion

and your comparing solar field????????????? hey man, its better every time, and IM is going downhill, try to find some better comparaison

and that the point, IM was doing music not to appeal to everyone before, but now they are doing music to appeal to everyone, except people who really loves psytrance

thats so politically correct, it hurts to read, if thats what you think,well think about a career in the army

im sure they would dig IM new albums haha

Ok then if you wish, I will waste some of my time trying to explain to an ant, that there is a world outside of the heap. :ph34r:

When I say evolving I mean that they sound different all the time, just as in nature some evolving species are evolving in a bad way, those doesen't survive. So evolution doesen't necessarily mean improvement.

You are suggestion that I am saying that IM are trying to make something new, if you read my text and think about it what I am saying is, and you can read it again. "Maybe they wanted to TRY something new", try something and making something new is 2 totally different things, also ofc it's new since if they make something they haven't done before, it's new. I was never suggestion that they are doing something "new" as new musically, but ofc it is since it hasn't been done before. But I understand what you mean, but read my text better and don't make interpretations of you're own. Of course they are responsilbe for the music they do, did I say anything else? Please quote me. What I ment was, that seem to have passes you're mind completely is, that if I am an artist. And I make music and suddenly alot of people happen to like it, do I have an obligation to keep them satisfied`? No, ofc not, why would I? I'm still the same person just making the music I like, just bcs some people like it doesen't mean I ahve any obligation anywhere whatsoever. You are claiming otherwise, please could you at least instead of just giving me you're position in the matter have some constructive criticism as to why you are thinking this way? Probably you haven't thought it through enough and don't have a clue yourself.

Also I never said you don't have the right to be disappointed, if you read the last words of my text "but ofc, if you feel the have let you down they have".

My standpoint of their new stuff is that it's bad music with great production skills. And I enjoy listening to it from time to time.

and what are you trying to prove? whats the argumentation exactly? that infected mushroom are evolving ans that its okay????? come on, i would rather have ten classical mushroom then one vicious delicious.

You are argumenting against me? And now after you ahve posted you're answers you are asking me what the argumentation is about? Cmon.....how can you answer to something if you don't even know what the topic is`? Semms to me really stupid.

lol, i have read it very well, and what youv said, i answered it! so i guess its an easy way for you to answer, lol, its pathetic

Sure.. whatever. And please don't bother, I'm done arguing, it's pointless. If someone believes that the earth is flat, you can't talk him out of this illusion. You have to say to him, come let's find the edge. And then you walk in a straight line until you come to the same spot again. Maybe the he will believe that the earth is not flat.

Ok then if you wish, I will waste some of my time trying to explain to an ant, that there is a world outside of the heap. :ph34r:

When I say evolving I mean that they sound different all the time, just as in nature some evolving species are evolving in a bad way, those doesen't survive. So evolution doesen't necessarily mean improvement.

You are suggestion that I am saying that IM are trying to make something new, if you read my text and think about it what I am saying is, and you can read it again. "Maybe they wanted to TRY something new", try something and making something new is 2 totally different things, also ofc it's new since if they make something they haven't done before, it's new. I was never suggestion that they are doing something "new" as new musically, but ofc it is since it hasn't been done before. But I understand what you mean, but read my text better and don't make interpretations of you're own. Of course they are responsilbe for the music they do, did I say anything else? Please quote me. What I ment was, that seem to have passes you're mind completely is, that if I am an artist. And I make music and suddenly alot of people happen to like it, do I have an obligation to keep them satisfied`? No, ofc not, why would I? I'm still the same person just making the music I like, just bcs some people like it doesen't mean I ahve any obligation anywhere whatsoever. You are claiming otherwise, please could you at least instead of just giving me you're position in the matter have some constructive criticism as to why you are thinking this way? Probably you haven't thought it through enough and don't have a clue yourself.

Also I never said you don't have the right to be disappointed, if you read the last words of my text "but ofc, if you feel the have let you down they have".

My standpoint of their new stuff is that it's bad music with great production skills. And I enjoy listening to it from time to time.

You are argumenting against me? And now after you ahve posted you're answers you are asking me what the argumentation is about? Cmon.....how can you answer to something if you don't even know what the topic is`? Semms to me really stupid.

Sure.. whatever. And please don't bother, I'm done arguing, it's pointless. If someone believes that the earth is flat, you can't talk him out of this illusion. You have to say to him, come let's find the edge. And then you walk in a straight line until you come to the same spot again. Maybe the he will believe that the earth is not flat.

is it serious? of course artist dont have an obligation of doing the same music, so what? we still can be dissapointed

it started when you almost laugh at me because i feel let down by Im, first of all, its in a metaphore way, and of course they are evolving, every artist does, every new album is an evolution, but sometimes in a wrong direction, anyways happy for you to answer, but at first, why did you argument with me, i tough the same the whole time, and i think you feel the same! IM has been really dissapointing for a long time now, and yes they evolve and they dont have to please us, but they went for the easy way of making music, and its a big bouhouh to IM, they are the one got me into psy, seriously, for 2 years, i was only listening to them, anyways

is it serious? of course artist dont have an obligation of doing the same music, so what? we still can be dissapointed

it started when you almost laugh at me because i feel let down by Im, first of all, its in a metaphore way, and of course they are evolving, every artist does, every new album is an evolution, but sometimes in a wrong direction, anyways happy for you to answer, but at first, why did you argument with me, i tough the same the whole time, and i think you feel the same! IM has been really dissapointing for a long time now, and yes they evolve and they dont have to please us, but they went for the easy way of making music, and its a big bouhouh to IM, they are the one got me into psy, seriously, for 2 years, i was only listening to them, anyways

I just wanted to give my statement that I didn't feel as they have let anyone down. And I tried to explain it in my first answer, I wasn't laughing at you, I just gave a constructive answer giving my point. I don't see where you could have felt as I was laughing at you. I didn't

I just wanted to give my statement that I didn't feel as they have let anyone down. And I tried to explain it in my first answer, I wasn't laughing at you, I just gave a constructive answer giving my point. I don't see where you could have felt as I was laughing at you. I didn't

okok, and i understand the thing they didnt let us down, bcs they have nothing to prove us. Music is art, and doing simple, cheesy music, is like saying no to art. I dont know

but i dont agree, cause i feel like they let down every expectation. They have done something for the mainstream, and thats saying fuck art, lets make money, and thats a big no

they really said fuck art, lets make money. of course they didnt let us down literally, but in a way, they did, cause they knew it wasnt as psychadelic, they knew that they were not doing something as exciting as never ever land. IMO

okok, and i understand the thing they didnt let us down, bcs they have nothing to prove us. Music is art, and doing simple, cheesy music, is like saying no to art. I dont know

but i dont agree, cause i feel like they let down every expectation. They have done something for the mainstream, and thats saying fuck art, lets make money, and thats a big no

they really said fuck art, lets make money. of course they didnt let us down literally, but in a way, they did, cause they knew it wasnt as psychadelic, they knew that they were not doing something as exciting as never ever land. IMO

well I do agree actually :)

Oh people.. a wedding is a wedding.. woudl you go dressed with a space tribe clothing and with loads of druggies throwing up AT YOUR WEDDING?

beside... i like normal people (i.e. even fashionable dressed) dancing trance.. trance shall unite us all! i can be dressed in space tribe flurodelik and with rasta or i can be a normal guy just out of office with an armani dress and listen to the exact same music. so what?

what is this judgement of rich looking with nice cars vs funkadelic and maybe with a van of the 60s?

are we so close minded still in 2009?

...and beside, i look like one of the guys in the IM video and i listen to pure goa...

boom!

yes new IM music sucks but never forget what they did b4!!!

Oh people.. a wedding is a wedding.. woudl you go dressed with a space tribe clothing and with loads of druggies throwing up AT YOUR WEDDING?

Yes. Which is one of the many reasons I'm not married.

IM has disappointed... it's like winning the nobel prize then going to work in their lab for another 10 years and coming out with something stupid and worthless. Sure they contributed a few good tracks, but then they lost it. Of course they can produce whatever they want, but I would hardly call them great artists. I don't understand how their first albums were good anyways? The Shidapu albums were pretty good, but then just the odd track by Infected Mushroom.

IM has disappointed... it's like winning the nobel prize then going to work in their lab for another 10 years and coming out with something stupid and worthless. Sure they contributed a few good tracks, but then they lost it. Of course they can produce whatever they want, but I would hardly call them great artists. I don't understand how their first albums were good anyways? The Shidapu albums were pretty good, but then just the odd track by Infected Mushroom.

you're opinion has been noted

One thing I adore about psynews: despite the fact IM seems to be the major object of hatred on this forum, they remain, bar none, the single most talked about project this place has ever had.

Fact is, nobody cares if they release a classic or a complete dud. Why? 'Cause no matter in which direction will their forthcoming discography head, they will remain the topic of the day for as long psynews will be running.

I can hardly imagine anyone arguing that. So quit fighting over nonsense. Get layed. Cumming all over the CD tray of "The gathering" won't get you far.

Night y'all!

This is true bwhale, imo you're not cool anymore if you make a thread about IM :P so you're still the underground.

In all likelyhood, if I answered honestly....yes! :) Especially if i'm gonna have a massive sound system and DJs playing psytrance. That sounds like an awesome idea. Minus druggies throwing up, good thing those things are easily detered by throwing glowsticks which they are primordially attracted to and gravitate towards. If you have a particularly motivated one you can just have someone on hand to do some lightshows and walk off into the distance, lurring away any potential stragglers.

In all likelyhood, if I answered honestly....yes! :) Especially if i'm gonna have a massive sound system and DJs playing psytrance. That sounds like an awesome idea. Minus druggies throwing up, good thing those things are easily detered by throwing glowsticks which they are primordially attracted to and gravitate towards. If you have a particularly motivated one you can just have someone on hand to do some lightshows and walk off into the distance, lurring away any potential stragglers.

then that's cool, you make a weeding where you ask all to be dressed psychedelic and if i'm invited i'd come that dressed that way :)

my point is.. respect :). for everyone in whatever kind of dress they wanna be.

murpheythecat: i agree with what you're saying.

Melancholyman: did you by chance catch the interview where Duvdev 1) acknowledges the fact that they're *letting down* their old fanbase by making new bubblegum music, and 2) talking crap about them by suggesting that they masturbate so much that the skin on their hands literally will tear off? :lol:

You tell me you're not going to feel pretty shitty when Solar Fields features Busta Rhymes and Nelly Furtado on MTV. Yes, he will let you down. It doesn't have anything to do with obligation. It has something to do with talent, and using it. Clearly our hebrew boys have thrown that notion away a long time ago.

Huh? I though you loved the new stuff IM has put out. I can picture you chewing on a glowstick and throwing kisses at duvdev while the reflection of his bald head shines brightly in your heart. :(

Melancholyman: did you by chance catch the interview where Duvdev 1) acknowledges the fact that they're *letting down* their old fanbase by making new bubblegum music, and 2) talking crap about them by suggesting that they masturbate so much that the skin on their hands literally will tear off? :lol:

I didn't know that, and it's a fucked up thing to say. But I never liked Duvdev anyways. It's Erez that's the genious. But I still argue that they haven't let anyone down, but sure they have disappointed many, including me.