Gothic Movies

Time_Trap

I have dloaded tideland years ago, but yet to see it.

Which other movies of him would u suggest?

Anything else?

Ummm, that is Terry Gilliam. ;)

How about Gothic - a great movie imho.

Hah, yes, funny little film, but pretty good. :D

I can suggest :

THE CROW ( Don't like it though, but it has such goth atmospehere )

DARK CITY ( I am sure you've seen it, amazing film )

NOSFERATU : PHANTOM DER NACHT ( 1979 Dracula movie, Werner Herzog, much more minimal than Coppolla's film )

THE ELEPHANT MAN ( I guess you know it, but still, recommended )

THE HUNGER ( Vampire bisexual fantasy starring Catherine Deneuve and David Bowie, pure gothic film )

HELLRAISER ( A bit clichee suggestion, but pretty good though, especially the first part )

How about Gothika? I remember I liked it when it came out a few years ago but cannot remember the plot for the life of me...

That said, when it comes to goth, nothing even comes close to Interview With A Vampire. The sequel should've been pure goth since Lestat was to become a goth rock singer, too bad it never really came to life and was replaced by b-movie acting in Queen of the Damned. I really would've liked to see Tom Cruise playing Lestat again. ah well...

Gothic enough?

The Crow is a super good, low budget movie imo. It has some lackings, but over all it's a classic with a killer OST. Crow 2 with Iggy Pop wasn't so bad, more Ok.

The rest, with the kid from Terminator 2 is pure yawn + puke.

How about Gothika? I remember I liked it when it came out a few years ago but cannot remember the plot for the life of me...

:lol: :lol: .. really, you think it was good :huh: .. :lol: *points finger* :P .. Yes, and CatWoman was Oscar worthy. ..Sorry, Not a huge fan of Hally Barry

hey I never said it was classic material, I just said that I found it enjoyable ;)

:lolish maybe I should see it again. But from what I remember it was awful. And I doubt this is a big hit in the gothic Industrial scene :P

On the other flip, Its way better then Jason X. Never watch this movie. But who's comparing anyway

That said, when it comes to goth, nothing even comes close to Interview With A Vampire. The sequel should've been pure goth since Lestat was to become a goth rock singer, too bad it never really came to life and was replaced by b-movie acting in Queen of the Damned. I really would've liked to see Tom Cruise playing Lestat again. ah well...

I liked the movie to Lemmi... Not The blockbuster of the year or anything but a good ol' thrill :D

Sweeney todd was quite good, although as I was talking to my friend the other day about its sortof overrated. It's good, but not awesome... although its a very good style and I like what it does so it probably gets rated higher for that.

Underworld was quite a good movie too.