Cosmosis - Retro: Volume 1 (Re-Mastered)

Cosmosis - Retro: Volume 1 (Re-Mastered)

1. Atom Bom! (Fat Kik Mix)

2. Reality Check

3. Psychofunk

4. Do it (Teutonic Technoid Mix)

5. Grinder Winder

6. Atomic Funfare

7. In Yer Face (Part 2)

8. Telekinetic

9. Two Sticks of Nag Champa & A Packet of Bhindis

10. Zero G

11. Deep in The Dark Forest

Posted Image

https://www.play-digital.com/trance-19/cosm...cket-238251.htm

Anyone knows something about this? I stumbled upon it while I was searching for samples from the upcoming Cosmosis album. After browsing the "play the track" option a couple of times it seems we have some unreleased goodies from Bilbo here. "Zero G" "Deep in the Dark forest" and "Two Sticks..." sound fucking awesome!

Antic? :blink: Anyone?

Juno is perhaps the only sanely priced digital download shop right now... well, for this kind of music anyway. You should be getting a nice deal if you buy the whole release... in fact, I think the FLAC/WAV version is less than the cost of a new CD.

I am looking forward to the next in this series... don't take too long! I've got so much old Cosmosis vinyl to replace!! :)

the second one has been released today. unfortunately this seems to be it. if you go to cosmosis' site, he only talks about 2 retro-comps. i would love to have a third one, i still need "dawn of an era".

i am a juno customer, to me the prices are more than ok - just think about the cost to buy all the vinyl and digitalize it... and then again, "howling at the moon" was on no album, but it is a must have.

in fact, I think the FLAC/WAV version is less than the cost of a new CD.

Erm...now I'm forced to ask whether this is somehow a rare feature. All of my new CDs have come with flac/wav versions of the audio, plus artwork and resale value on top. Why in the world should anyone pay MORE for the audio only?

There's something in this digital download world I really don't understand.

No, me neither. The industry feels justified in charging more while giving the customer less? It is an outrage... something I've argued against for years now. Juno is (as far as I know) the first digital download shop in our scene to get things under the cost of a CD... so at least that's some progress. With Beatport leading things I was starting to get worried that prices would only go UP over time!

Guest antic

It's longer than 80 minutes so he would have to leave out a track :lol:

Well, he could cross-fade them :D

Anyway, I think the answer will be 'no' for obvious reasons (no sales, much smaller profit margin), but I thought it's worth asking.

Well, he could cross-fade them :D

Anyway, I think the answer will be 'no' for obvious reasons (no sales, much smaller profit margin), but I thought it's worth asking.

It's 86 minutes+ long so we would loose six minutes. I would prefere having a track left out (from the "commonest" ones) and have 10 full tracks.

But for the reasons stated above by you this won't be released on CD:(

• 8 months later...

Looks a bit fishy indeed, but the idea is good - sales start with low price, that grows with popularity of the track/album. It might be a good way for completely unknown bands or to the ones, who's music is on P2P anyway already to at least get some money. For example I assume Shpongle "Ineffable..." or CBL "World of Sleepers" were also starting at low price, but they're both now at $4.25 and $6.65 respectively.

Oh, and only 75 first songs is free.

Interesting, but is it legitimate and do the artists get their cut?

• 5 months later...

Waah, I just stumbled upon this on Bandcamp since I released my album there and wanted to check if there's any other artists there. (just for the record: I've been 100% happy about them, they have a FREE completely automatic multi-format distribution platform for the artist, and it's easy to embed in our own website code...)

Anway, as soon as I'm on some faster connection than my wireless G3, I'll check these out for sure! At Bandcamp they're 8,99GBP, which is not expensive IMO. When you buy a CD you are buying the music, not the CD... The manufacturing costs even in small runs are less than an euro for each disk... But I see why people want CDs, I never buy a MP3 if there's a CD version available... But then again I listen to psychedelic folk these days a lot anyway, and CDs are a respected medium in this scene...