Future Sound Of London vs Shpongle

Time_Trap

FSOL vs Shpongle  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more? Future Sound of London or Shpongle

• Future Sound Of London
    • Shpongle
    • Haven't heard enough of both so I can't vote.

I think that if we rename this poll: Posford vs FSOL, result would change...

Posford really kill fsol production wise imo. He's really the master to just make you drench into a psychedelic journey but at the same time it's his problem. FSOL don't give a damn, they dont try "a tout prix" to fuck with your head because they already do, anyways...

FSOL would still win by miles!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSOL would still win by miles!

yes man indeed

i dont understund why some guys think that Simon's production is top of the top

Shpongle vs FSOL is a funny mistake compare

Simon's production vs FSOL production is the BIGGER joke i heard so far

COME ON guys psy ''reality-state-scene'' has nothing to do with reality dont make general conclusions just because u love psy-goa sound

Of course this got to do with taste but really try to dig into Simon's old productions vs. FSOL. Now, one can be so blinded by love for someone's music that it's hard to listen to music in a realistic way and to listen to music without comping it to the music you love so much. But fact is, a lot of Simon's old music is not that well produced. The high-ends are way over the top making your ear bleed and the bottom is very thin etc... (But then again most productions in the early 90's sucked). Yes Simon is creative and so are 1000's out there too. FSOL are pioneers and made way more complex music for your mind than the 4/4 beat music Simon made with example Hallucinogen. Yes he had that random LSD sample praising drugs and LFO/velocity twist and twirls. In my book that does not make music psychedelic or make the man a genius (everyone can be a genius as long as the fans say so). It takes a bit more. But again it's all about taste. I do like some of Simon's work. I just do not put him on a pedestal as some do. No one is God as this is not a religion. It's only music ;)

^ I agree.

To be honest, the reason I opened this poll was because I soo much liked to see Shpongle's and Simon's ass kicked :D . I do enjoy some Hallucinogen tracks, I surely enjoy The Infinity Project tracks, and maybe the first Shpongle album, but that's all. FSOL is a league of their own though ;)

I agree people's perception of "production" gets mixed up with their music tastes. No amount of "production" is going to make someone like a track/song that doesn't suit their tastes. A lot of those early goa recordings don't have great production values, but they are still considered incredible classic tracks, because the music itself is so good.

It's a very subjective thing too, much like the music. What some people consider imperfections, others consider great qualities. This is especially the case with electronic music, where the production and music are so inter-connected.

On a broader scale, if you turn on the radio and listen to pop music you will hear rather poor mastering with ridiculous amounts of compression, but apparently a lot of people enjoy that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

^ I agree.

To be honest, the reason I opened this poll was because I soo much liked to see Shpongle's and Simon's ass kicked :D . I do enjoy some Hallucinogen tracks, I surely enjoy The Infinity Project tracks, and maybe the first Shpongle album, but that's all. FSOL is a league of their own though ;)

Troll, still aggressive, nice

Never really heard any FSOL or paid attention to them before this thread.

I probably have heard a few tunes of theirs over the years, and certainly I recognise

the name, but i've never sat down and listened to any album.

So I went out and brought Lifeforms, which hopefully I will hear tonight. It will be

interesting to hear it, I think.

^ Don't expect to necessarily be blown away immediately - it took me a long time to get into Lifeforms but eventually I came to love it.

Never really heard any FSOL or paid attention to them before this thread.

I probably have heard a few tunes of theirs over the years, and certainly I recognise

the name, but i've never sat down and listened to any album.

So I went out and brought Lifeforms, which hopefully I will hear tonight. It will be

interesting to hear it, I think.

That has to be the one of my favourite trance albums.

^ Don't expect to necessarily be blown away immediately - it took me a long time to get into Lifeforms but eventually I came to love it.

I would also recommend listening to it as an album. It's quite a journey that way. The tracks are very good individually, but the album as a whole is a masterpiece IMO.

Not familiar enough with FSOL, and was a huge Posford-Whore for a long time, so I can't properly gauge this one.

I will say I'm liking this "The God Particle" EP way more than the stuff Shpongle's put out on these last few albums.

People who've dismissed Shpongle in the past, check out The God Particle it's quite good IMO.. it's about time they did something good again.

Looking at FSOL's history, and listening to a couple tracks while I read through this thread, I imagine the Shpongle boys (Simon and Raj, I mean.. not fanboys) would tell you FSOL's better.

Again, I'm WAY biased here, as I feel I kinda "grew up" with Shpongle and know it so well, so of course they get my vote, but only on that basis, so fuck my opinion :D

yes man indeed

i dont understund why some guys think that Simon's production is top of the top

Shpongle vs FSOL is a funny mistake compare

Simon's production vs FSOL production is the BIGGER joke i heard so far

COME ON guys psy ''reality-state-scene'' has nothing to do with reality dont make general conclusions just because u love psy-goa sound

ohhh, thanks for the enlightenment

What are you even talking about?

WHAT!!!! Simon production is top notch. It's quite evident that simon production are way more precise, more open sound, depht, clarity. FSOL clearly lacks of clarity, its like everything is behind. Thats only my opinion, but its not a JOKE to compare simon to FSOL production.

Of course, if you compare the fisrt thing posford did, the production is not perfect at all.

But are you shpongle, eclipse and then younger brother kicks the hell of FSOL production

tricky to compare those 2 great artists because they are very different in style really ,but i vote for FSOL because they made many more good tracks than shpongle i think.fsol can mold a fantastic classic mindboggling track out of almost nothing.shpongle,special the newer stuff can sometimes get to noisy for my taste.

these albums here really stand out in my collection as some of the best electronic music ever made.

FSOL - ISDN

FSOL - lifeforms

Amorphous Androgynous - Tales Of Ephidrina

Mystery Of The Yeti – The Mystery Of The Yeti

The Infinity Project – Mystical Experiences