How do you keep up with it all?

Lemmiwinks

It's just impossible to keep up. Even if you are jobless and have no life - it's still tough because there is so much stuff out there. Plus listening to lot of music in the quest of wanting to have everything, decreases the shelf life of the music you have liked.

THe secret is to listen to as much as you sensibly can and be happy :)

It's just impossible to keep up. Even if you are jobless and have no life - it's still tough because there is so much stuff out there. Plus listening to lot of music in the quest of wanting to have everything, decreases the shelf life of the music you have liked.

So true ;)

the man is right ... ^ that's exactly what I am and I'm living proof that it's impossible to keep up :lol:

But if everybody has his/her own favourite artists which he/she keeps up with and then shares news about these on forums on the internet (yeah, just like here :) ), then it's a good thing because people exchange and can keep up better that way. And that assures you don't miss that much (still some stuff slips by, but it's less than if you'd try to keep up alone) ... and in the end everybody is satisfied and the result is greater than the sum of its parts. Which is a wonderful thing. Or so I think.

I second the Saikosounds method btw ... they've got the longest samples and are (IMO) the only ones who can actually really give you an impression of how an album sounds like. Other stores and their 45 second sound bits are just lousy imo.

As said before it's definitely not possible to keep up. For me it's not even possible to keep up with buying what I like since I don't have enough money for that. So missing some awesome albums is sad but true for me. I still feel like I hear or read about a lot of new stuff. Not only because of psynews and the samples on Saikosounds, having an eye on my favourite artists or labels but mainly because I download a lot of DJ-mixes. I've found a lot of nice tracks and (for me) unknown artists that way.

....mainly because I download a lot of DJ-mixes. I've found a lot of nice tracks and (for me) unknown artists that way.

I have to agree with that. This way one has a better chance of listening to some high quality music (provided the DJ is good about track selection). Let the pros do all the searching for best tunes. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with that. This way one has a better chance of listening to some high quality music (provided the DJ is good about track selection). Let the pros do all the searching for best tunes. :rolleyes:

It's not only that. I mean the 4 minutes samples at saiko are nice but I mostly listen to music at work nowadays (because I spend most of my time working <_<) so checking out samples is not exactly an item there for too long. But listening the new mixes I've downloaded and keeping my eyes open for good tracks is nice and makes work more fun. :) It's also the reason for me hating DJs who don't post tracklists. :P

The review sections here is a good indicator - but I worry when I see releases I really like having gotten close to zero attention. I mostly follow releases from labels I'm into.

I hate the feeling that I'm missing out on great music, cause I love it so. :drama:

I'm giving last year's full-on plethora a listen. There's some really catchy shit. I LOVE Ephedrix.

I never thought I would ever write this, but indeed, the Belgian full on managed to catch the good melodies from the old school mixed with the full on cliché sounds...

I never thought I would ever write this, but indeed, the Belgian full on managed to catch the good melodies from the old school mixed with the full on cliché sounds...

+1 it surprised me too, then again goatrance lives in Belgium so maybe an influence :unsure:

Yes. I think Delirious Noon manages to capture the heartfelt emotion of goa melodies, too. That searing, cracking emotion that means strength in weakness.

That's exactly what I'm saying since I've fist heard the Positive Alchemists comps. :P

I don't keep up with the latest in psytrance... I don't keep up with music at all... and I actually don't give a crap.

When I have money enough I go into the local secondhand record store and buy a chunk of records, doesn't matter when it's from or what genre, anything that just sounds good in my ear.

Of course I buy new stuff from saiko or psyshop from time to time, but it happens quite rarely these days. Mainly due to lack of money.