Amithaba Buddha - Sarcophagus

Pandemonium!

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an album from Amithaba Buddha?

• Yes!
    • Nah..

For all the Amithaba Buddha fans , recently ive been working on Amithaba Buddha to satisfy all those who love "Psyramid" & "Mental Maze".

Now i´ve made a new track on the same style (and more will come...)

Amithaba Buddha - Sarcophagus

listen or download at :

http://www.soundlift.com/band/music.php?id=107059

feedback is appreciated.

Keep on Goaing ,

Filipe.

Small note : ive just uploaded the song , so itll take a while till its available , so keep on checking!

hello guys :) ,

thanks a lot for the feedback , im happy that you guys love it .

psyhoe : im doing a small album with amithaba buddha , wav format will be available on CD . :)

answer the poll if to know your opinions better :)

Spread the word of Goa!

Filipe.

Filipe, some of your best work was under the brief Ataraxia name...particularly the tracks you did not finish. You evolved into a darker party-vibe sound with pandemonium, but interms of uplifting and complex melody Ataraxia had it. Amithaba Buddha is your more classic sound that is homage to the goa of old days but I personally am more enticed by exploration and broadening pushing the borders of whats possible with goa, in otherwords - hearing new things.

If I were to critique sternly your new amithaba tracks, they are ofcourse good - great to plug on the dancefloor, but they are not much new, they don't make my mind soar you know? And I know you can soar. I want to see exploration from you, and some attempts at really expiramental stuff. Surprise people. I know you have figured out your production and gotten to a level at you've been striving for years, but I don't think you should stop here, or there will be very little difference from track to track. I want to hear your style applied to morning tracks, dark tracks, aggressive tracks, and so on with the rest of the colorful palette goa can do. I want to hear an album from you definately, but so long as its not 10 tracks of the aggressive exotic goa you have nailed down so well. It would be a pity of you spend so much time on so many tracks yet they all are the same structure. Like with Sarcophagus, aside for the clever modulation on the multi-layered bassline, and very well done production, I feel I've heard this song in 6 other songs already. Like this track is basically when the universe was created and psyramid mixed together.

I say this to you as a challenge, because I know what else you can do :)

My favorite track of your amithaba buddha project is the remix of infinite dimension's Astral Mountains you did, (incidently dave's original Astral Plains is also one of my favorites to this day) when I heard that track it was really something I've never heard before.

I agree to some extent to what mr synogen said here, i think that with pandemonium! you had something really nice going on.

It was much more vivid and original imo, for example a mad scientists night and the rest of the tracks in that style..

This track right here sounds good no doubt about it, but i cant help to compare it with astral projections earlier tracks so therefore it sounds like a light version of their tracks. The portamentos and glissando style israeli scales are here and you replicate damn well what astral did in the past.

And i think thats how you learned goa by replicating faithfully what others did with the only difference that they used analog synthesizers and you rely solely on vst (and a micro korg?) if im not misstaken, Its the same thing as filteria he replicates the etnica/pleiadians sound etc its always much more easy to do something that has allready been done because the formula is there allready but to make something original is way more difficult and requires a lot of imagination.

I think one of the main things that added to the organic feel of P! project as well was that it seems as you recorded a lot of melodies in real time, especially flutes and stuff.

So in conclusion: good track but nothing mindboggling.

I liked much more the dark/joking tone of pandemonium! project

:drama:

Actually I don't see Filipe as replicating astral projection at all, and I hear more allusion to exotic/oriental sound than the israeli sound. There is mad energy and alot of sunlight in filipe's music, and I think he's one of few to really understand pads and sweeps in the goa universe, as they drive his tracks so well, its really one of the key ingredients that puts the momentum in the music. This is his style and he does it well, I'm not saying it should change, but that the feeling of his music should, as there are now so many tracks with the same vibe. This is more difficult now, to make these different feelings. Its far too easy that once you figure out your "style" you just keep on using the same instruments, the same melodic structure from track to track. Artifact303, though extremely promising music, is also doing this from the music I've heard from Peter. Its AMAZING, but it greatly diminishes replay value once you start feeling like you are hearing the same thing from track to track.

I would give the same speech to Filteria (bot not KOB :D) , and some other artists, I don't want to listen to an entire album with just one feeling in it, one vibe comming from the music.

But please note, nor am I saying every track should be different as night and day. I don't want different styles, I think its important an artist picks his style and drives that direction making it as unique and bold as it can be, I am saying however, there should be different feelings that this style will do.

diaks and synogen , i understand what you guys are saying :) but the pandemonium! project is still alive and well , new stuff should be out soon on phototropic , both points of view are well seen , as the amithaba buddha project is more old skool goa classical sounding , while pandemonium has a different goal :) , crazy , fun and very original hehe.

thanks for sharing your opinions :)

I can confirm that Filipe has some extremely original goodies to show under his Pandemonium project, hehe...

The Amithaba project is clearly focussed on the back-to-basics Goa, it's like being flashbacked to the early years

of the new millenium when internetsites were buggy and Newschool wasn't a statement yet. :)