5. Mysanthia (Chaser Remix)

6. Snail's Home

7. Love Shelter

8. Freestar's Trip In Aerospace

9. Together, We Are... (Remix)

10. Dark Breaker

11. Hydroponics

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/flr/flr1cd722.html

Much time has passed since Sundial's "Metabasis" album was released. In the meantime "Aeon" was added to the group's name, the project was left by Jarosław "Giku" Jacek, Vladislav Isaev joined, and another long-playing album sporting the sunny name was brought to life. Once again the Portuguese label Flow Records, responsible for "Sundial - Metabasis" and "Aural Planet - Acoustic Plantation Releases", is the producer of this CD. Apart from "Sacred Plants" (present on an earlier compilation called “Downbeat Liquid” (Chillcode Music, 2006)) and "Together, We Are… (Remix) " (part of the "Fahrenheit Project", the sixth part of the flag series by Ultimae Records), all the tracks on this album have never been published before. Apart from the basic members of the group, we have got guest performances as well. For example, in "Iced-Melancholy Spectacle" we are charmed by Iwona Malczewska's discreetly applied vocals, and in "Love Shelter" we get the chance to hear Kinga Nyga. Additionally we can find two remixes, the first one a remix of "Mysanthia" by Chaser (Tomasz Gierykowski), the second a remix of one of Sundial Aeon's better known pieces called "Together, We Are…". Sounds interesting? It is interesting.

The album begins with the gracefully named "Sacret Plants", starting slowly, easily pushing us towards a melodious adventure. "Iced-Melancholy Spectacle", assisted by soft beats, crystal cascades of slightly acid tones and an angelic atmosphere floods us with warmth and happiness. "Pleasure Impact" is a slightly more toned-down, less "concert"-ish track, but still presents what is best in Sundial Aeon's music. A quick tranquilizer called "Hybrydisy" takes the listener to new levels. The colourful "Mysanthia" remix plunges us into a dream-like world. The sixth track, "Snail's Home", is an optimistic story about a laid back snail on a carefree walk around the forest on a beautiful summer day. Lucky seven, "Love Shelter", is an example of Kinga Nysa's vocal abilities. Her pleasant voice accompanies us during this slightly hypnotizing piece. "Freestar's Trip In Aerospace" is a less euphoric track, though it still retains the proper dose of optimism and electronic paradise melodies. One of the brightest points of this album is of course the "Together, We Are… (Remix)", easily catering to our chillout dance needs. "Dark Breaker" at moments intensifies previously duplicated patents, in the meantime informing us that we are getting close to the end of the album. So it is with "Hydroponics" that we make our way from a world bathed in sunlight into a slightly gloomy valley. It is at the point that we wonder if we should get back to that sunny, melodic surface. The choice is pretty obvious.

After experiencing this group's debut album I wondered what the second one would be like. Would they go through a dip in their performance like so many others before them? After getting my hands on a copy of "Apotheosis" and giving it a few spins on my player I can safely say: "thankfully not". I have to hand it to the creators of Sundial Aeon - they do not create intellectual mazes out of simple things, but on the other hand they do not suffer from banality. The properly balanced atmosphere of all the tracks does not overstep the boundaries of bland electronic sweetness. We get to experience compositions full of optimism, melody, some sweet moments ever so often, often hypnotizing, sporting an elegant beat and all types of vocals. This kind of music will surely liven up both day and night.

www.psytrance.pl

Additional links:

www.sundial.pl

www.myspace.com/sundialaeon

• 9 months later...

After listening it for 20 minutes, I placed an order on Psyshop.com. I feel like I'm love with music again.

I honestly am pretty bad at reviewing but I will post my thoughts after I've listened the whole CD. :)

Will be checking out both cd's soon as well...

Listened to it some time ago and forgot about it... Checked it again a few weeks ago... Same guy(s) as aural planet....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

0x9hWEr.jpg

Artist: Sundial Aeon

Title: Apotheosis

Label: Flow Records

Date: July, 2007

1. Sacred Plants
2. Iced-Melancholy Spectacle
3. Pleasure Impact
4. Hybrydisy
5. Mysanthia (Chaser Remix)
6. Snail's Home
7. Love Shelter
8. Freestar's Trip In Aerospace
9. Together, We Are... (Remix)
10. Dark Breaker
11. Hydroponics

Easily one of my favorite chill releases of all time. It's ancient and futuristic. Cosmic yet grounded. This album is partially mixed so it produces a steady and continuous flow. And that flow is comprised of melodies, various effects, and plenty of breakbeats. It sounds hopeful and mysterious with lush electronics and vocal tacets that give it an epic feel. It works on every level.

Mdk